HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colin Wilson to WPG,TOR

Old
03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Colin Wilson to WPG,TOR

Colin Wilson has once again managed to find himself in Trotz's doghouse despite very good offensive play. I'm just not sure that these two will gel at all. We wouldn't trade him becuase of a lack of talent, but a lack of chemistry with the coach and a full top 6. If the Preds re-sign AK,SK, Radulov, and Hornqvist, while keeping Erat, Legwand, Fisher, and Smith, Wilson is expendable. I figured the 'Peg (hometown) and Toronto (Burke loves him) would be two likely destinations. What would you give for him? Nashville could really use defensive depth, which both teams mentioned have, to some extent.

Oh, and by the way, he's an RFA, not a UFA.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Colin Wilson has once again managed to find himself in Trotz's doghouse despite very good offensive play. I'm just not sure that these two will gel at all. We wouldn't trade him becuase of a lack of talent, but a lack of chemistry with the coach and a full top 6. If the Preds re-sign AK,SK, Radulov, and Hornqvist, while keeping Erat, Legwand, Fisher, and Smith, Wilson is expendable. I figured the 'Peg (hometown) and Toronto (Burke loves him) would be two likely destinations. What would you give for him? Nashville could really use defensive depth, which both teams mentioned have, to some extent.

What would Nashville want in a trade with the leafs?

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Wpgpage

As said in the other thread a package of Wilson + for Enstrom, or Wilson + Hornqvist for Enstrom + one of WPG's young forwards/picks would work from a Jets perspective. A lot to give up from a NAS perspective but Enstrom is an excellent defensemen.

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:39 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:

To the Leafs

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
What would Nashville want in a trade with the leafs?
I don't get to watch your team much (I need NHL Network badly), but the main thing we need are defenseman. With Suter probably leaving, we'll need someone to play serious minutes, either with Weber or on another pairing to make sure Shea doesn't play 40 minutes a night

From what I've heard from Leafs fans, I'm going to assume Gunnarsson and Gardiner are off the table. Something around Schenn?

Old
03-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
As said in the other thread a package of Wilson + for Enstrom, or Wilson + Hornqvist for Enstrom + one of WPG's young forwards/picks would work from a Jets perspective. A lot to give up from a NAS perspective but Enstrom is an excellent defensemen.
Any chance of Wilson+Hornqvist for Enstrom+Burmi

Old
03-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Soundgarden

I have a feeling if we trade Wilson we're going to regret it big time, unless we somehow manage to get a young scorer in return.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Wpgpage

NSH would need to add something but it could be done not a lot of fans will like it but I think it would actually benefit both teams. Counter offer:
Wilson + Hornqvist For Enstrom + Cormier + WPG 2nd (2012 or 13)
That would be the ideal trade from a WPG perspective but might be a little light for NAS.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
I don't get to watch your team much (I need NHL Network badly), but the main thing we need are defenseman. With Suter probably leaving, we'll need someone to play serious minutes, either with Weber or on another pairing to make sure Shea doesn't play 40 minutes a night

From what I've heard from Leafs fans, I'm going to assume Gunnarsson and Gardiner are off the table. Something around Schenn?
Gunnarsson/Schenn are most definitely in play.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
NSH would need to add something but it could be done not a lot of fans will like it but I think it would actually benefit both teams. Counter offer:
Wilson + Hornqvist For Enstrom + Cormier + WPG 2nd (2012 or 13)
That would be the ideal trade from a WPG perspective but might be a little light for NAS.
At that point, I'd rather just make it Wilson+3rd for Enstrom. It's not worth losing Hornqvist.

Wilson + Blum/Ellis interest you?

Old
03-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Gunnarsson/Schenn are most definitely in play.
I think a Wilson for Schenn trade could make some sense. Maybe some picks to balance it out. I don't get to watch Schenn much, but from what I've heard, it sounds fair.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Wpgpage

Wilson and Blum for Enstrom and a pick works for me think most Jets fans would agree.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:13 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:

Gunnarson is available and I'd gladly trade him for Wilson. I suppose Cody Franson is a no go?

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Gunnarson is available and I'd gladly trade him for Wilson. I suppose Cody Franson is a no go?
Franson would be nice to get back.....for a 4th rounder. He is absoultely not getting you Wilson.

Gunnar or Schenn is more intriguing. Can either of them play a PMD role? We're looking for someone to take over Suter's role (not as well as Suter, but being on Weber's pairing) if he leaves this off-season. We're lhoping for someone who is rock-solid defensively while also being a great passer. Which of Gunnar and Schenn fit that better?

Old
03-31-2012, 01:21 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Wilson's RFA rights, Suter's rights before the UFA deadline, Lindback's RFA rights for TOR's 1st.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:24 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Dion Phaneuf or Carl Gunnarsson for Colin Wilson.

QMJHLfollower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:25 PM
predfan24

I really doubt Wilson is available. Yes he is in the doghouse but the Preds are likely to lose a handful of forwards in the offseason and their won't be a log jam in front of him next year. If he was to be traded I would be looking for Wilson + for a first pairing D guy(assuming we lose Suter) or for a young 2nd pairing Dman with 1st pairing potential.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:25 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Franson would be nice to get back.....for a 4th rounder. He is absoultely not getting you Wilson.

Gunnar or Schenn is more intriguing. Can either of them play a PMD role? We're looking for someone to take over Suter's role (not as well as Suter, but being on Weber's pairing) if he leaves this off-season. We're lhoping for someone who is rock-solid defensively while also being a great passer. Which of Gunnar and Schenn fit that better?
Schenn or Gunnar for Wilson is definitely intriguing.

Schenn, no, will not be able to take over a PMD role. Gunnar can provide second unit PP time but I wouldn't expect him to run a PP at an elite level, or even on a 1st unit level. I wouldn't look to any trade to replace Suter. Your going to be sorely disappointed otherwise. Josi is the guy that's going to replace Suter if he leaves. That's my gut instinct anyways.

Gunnar has what you need but to be honest, I and many other fans would prefer to keep him. I'd prefer to do something around Schenn for Wilson. Schenn would fit really well into a highly structured system like Nashville and could be a tough number 3 on Nashville with the right development.

theIceWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Wilson and Blum for Enstrom and a pick works for me think most Jets fans would agree.
Would be interested if his contract had more years on it. As it stands now, no chance

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Here is hoping Wilson gets the hell away from Trotz and can finally become the player he is capable of being. You have to wonder after 3 years of ********, head games and playing that boring dump and chase game has done to his confidence?
I know there have been plenty of teams interested in him in the past 3 years so here is to a fresh start somewhere else.

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
hdtrax

Gunnarsson and Colborne. Wanted this kid on the Leafs since his draft year.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:33 PM
KlattNazty

Ill agree with some of the other leaf fans - Nashville is probably the best place for Luke Schenn to go to sort of rekindle his game. Not as much press and superior structure. Plus another big western boy in Weber.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don Draper View Post
Gunnarsson and Colborne. Wanted this kid on the Leafs since his draft year.
Done.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:36 PM
hdtrax

Quote:
Done.
Didn't clarify, not as a 2 for 1. Throw in Ellis.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don Draper View Post
Didn't clarify, not as a 2 for 1. Throw in Ellis.
I knew that seemed too good to be true

I would still consider it with Ellis thrown in. I'd have to think long and hard about that one though.