HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Old
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
It should be said they roughly only play half the number of games in KHL though, so while they have to travel further, they don't have to travel as often.
True. Shorter schedule has to also be considered, but, at best, it's a wash. Still, there were no "stereotypes". I based my comments on the opinions of the player himself (facility quality) and actual information, not simplified conceptions.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
I really hope he stays though. I've always liked the Preds, and it's funnier to watch when I have a familiar face to watch too. I saw him quite a bit in UFA because he was playing with my fellow country man Patrick Thoresen when they won the Gargarin Cup last year.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:20 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I, too, hope he stays, and I feel for Ufa fans. They want him wearing their jersey just as badly as we want him wearing ours.

Old
03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I, too, hope he stays, and I feel for Ufa fans. They want him wearing their jersey just as badly as we want him wearing ours.
Yhea, and they took some hard blows to their roster before this season too, with a number of their other key players leaving. Really not sure how they'll fare without Rads next year. Presumably badly.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:09 PM
FanKHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
I really hope he stays though. I've always liked the Preds, and it's funnier to watch when I have a familiar face to watch too. I saw him quite a bit in UFA because he was playing with my fellow country man Patrick Thoresen when they won the Gargarin Cup last year.
Gagarin, sorry

FanKHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanKHL View Post
Gagarin, sorry
Woopsie. Thanks for preventing me from further embarrasment.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
maplepred

Anyone else think radulov was being a hog with the puck tonight at all?? I felt there were several times he could have passed to set up a goal but instead tried to do it all himself...

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:13 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Anyone else think radulov was being a hog with the puck tonight at all?? I felt there were several times he could have passed to set up a goal but instead tried to do it all himself...
so did Wilson. The difference is that Radulov created chances.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
A little, but that is something this team needs, especially against a team like St Louis who is so good at breaking up the cycle.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I think Radulov was controlling the play, not really hogging the puck. One play he made a great setup. Radulov looks clearly like our best player.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:51 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Nope. He's creating more quality chances than anyone else so give him free reign.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I think players with his level of skill and ability on offense tend to look sort of like "puck hogs" at times but really they're just creating offense in ways only they can do. When they mess up it just looks selfish and useless because we aren't used to someone who can do what he does but in reality it's a good thing.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think players with his level of skill and ability on offense tend to look sort of like "puck hogs" at times but really they're just creating offense in ways only they can do. When they mess up it just looks selfish and useless because we aren't used to someone who can do what he does but in reality it's a good thing.
This

We need a player who is a bit selfish with the puck and draws attention to himself. It creates more chances for us.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:38 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I'd say Rads' goal celebration was a little more emphatic the second time around.....

Old
03-31-2012, 03:56 AM
SPMaximus
Re-sign=/=Resign

vCash: 50
his celebrations are gonna get bigger and bigger, and eventually he is gonna celebrate so hard that he swings his stick at Rinne, taking Rinne out of the Playoffs

SPMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i liked that he made a beeline for AK, who really did all the work on that goal with that insane pass.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:54 AM
adsfan

Quote:
I'd say Rads' goal celebration was a little more emphatic the second time around.....
I hope to see a lot more of that. From Russia with love!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
RaiderDoug

I might be totally off my rocker here, but I want this guy signed. At all costs. Literally.

I don't know if I'd give him an Ovechkin deal, but really, 6 mil - i'd have no problem with it. 7? Maybe a little, at first.

He's gone above Suter in priorty for me. Lets face it, Suter will be a #2 D-man as long as Weber's here. If he bolts for 7 mil in Detroit, so be it.

We've never had a guy like Radulov here. Maybe Kariya his first season. Every time he's on the ice he does something good.

Sign Rads. Resign the Brothers Kostitsyn - you've got as dangerous a top 6 as anyone in the NHL outside of Pittsburgh. With depth too.

Offer Suter fair money - if he stays- great! If he goes to Detroit for a Brinks truck, so be it. Signing the forwards above makes one of the guys like Smith/Wilson expendable - send one of them off for a similar young D-man - maybe a Bogosian (or your favorite young d-man here).

Rads - Leggy - HQ
Erat - Fish - AK/SK
SK/AK - Smith - Halischuk
Toots - Spaling - Bourque

Weber - Bogo
Josi - Klein
Ellis - Ekholm (Hillen/Gill/UFA/Bouillon/ETC)

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:09 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I might be totally off my rocker here, but I want this guy signed. At all costs. Literally.

I don't know if I'd give him an Ovechkin deal, but really, 6 mil - i'd have no problem with it. 7? Maybe a little, at first.

He's gone above Suter in priorty for me. Lets face it, Suter will be a #2 D-man as long as Weber's here. If he bolts for 7 mil in Detroit, so be it.

We've never had a guy like Radulov here. Maybe Kariya his first season. Every time he's on the ice he does something good.

Sign Rads. Resign the Brothers Kostitsyn - you've got as dangerous a top 6 as anyone in the NHL outside of Pittsburgh. With depth too.

Offer Suter fair money - if he stays- great! If he goes to Detroit for a Brinks truck, so be it. Signing the forwards above makes one of the guys like Smith/Wilson expendable - send one of them off for a similar young D-man - maybe a Bogosian (or your favorite young d-man here).

Rads - Leggy - HQ
Erat - Fish - AK/SK
SK/AK - Smith - Halischuk
Toots - Spaling - Bourque

Weber - Bogo
Josi - Klein
Ellis - Ekholm (Hillen/Gill/UFA/Bouillon/ETC)
I agree. I have, perhaps stupidly as he may leave, watched Radulov very closely in all of his shifts since his return, and the guy just knows how to make things happen. He forechecks. He hits. He battles along the boards, though he could be stronger on his skates. He is a ridiculous player. I would absolutely love to keep Suter, too, but I also think Rads has jumped to first in line on the list of priorities.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

So $6+ mln. isn't a problem anymore?

I'm looking forward to see how he fares in the playoffs. I'm expecting a very passionate performance.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
So $6+ mln. isn't a problem anymore?

I'm looking forward to see how he fares in the playoffs. I'm expecting a very passionate performance.
He wasn't that great last year when Salavat won GC. I mean, in playoffs. Hope, he'll be better for Preds.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:29 PM
predfan24

I love the stick twirl celebration. He held back by not skating all over the ice and sheathing it though. I love his celebrations but I think he knows he can't get away with doing the cellys he does in the KHL over here. They are just to over the top.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post

Through these first 5 games I agree with you. I remember telling people that if he plays well in his time here and makes a big difference I have no problem giving him 6 mil/year or potentially even more than that. Now I'm of the mindset though that at this rate we do in fact need to bring him back at any reasonable cost. Concerns about his game fitting here? Gone. Concerns about being accepted and fitting in? Gone. Concerns about ruining team chemistry? Long gone. He is looking like a dynamic team player. As mentioned above, he bolted straight for AK after his goal because of the great pass by him. Then after that he skates by the bench and basically shouts at Pekka to keep it up and bring it home for us.

This isn't the same guy we had before. He is looking incredibly mature and team-oriented and, as was also mentioned before, he makes things happen every time he's on the ice. They don't often equate to goals (then again nothing in this game "often equates to goals") but he just has the knack of being where he needs to be, putting his stick is a good place, making good decisions and knowing where guys are going to be. It amazes me that not only does he do this, but he's doing it right away with not much time to blend in with the current guys on the team. The pass he made to Halischuk for the goal against Winnipeg was crazy to me. In his second NHL game in 4 years he makes a no-look pass on a breakout to a guy who isn't even on his line like it was no big deal at all and he had been linemates with him all year. It's possible that was the first time Rads and Hali had ever been skating next to each other in their lives and Rads knew where he was going to be without even looking. We've never had a guy capable of things like this.....in the prime of his career......who seems to enjoy playing for us.

Who knows how the season and playoffs will unfold, but the way it looks now we definitely need to lock him up and he has taken priority over Suter in my mind too.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Through these first 5 games I agree with you. I remember telling people that if he plays well in his time here and makes a big difference I have no problem giving him 6 mil/year or potentially even more than that. Now I'm of the mindset though that at this rate we do in fact need to bring him back at any reasonable cost. Concerns about his game fitting here? Gone. Concerns about being accepted and fitting in? Gone. Concerns about ruining team chemistry? Long gone. He is looking like a dynamic team player. As mentioned above, he bolted straight for AK after his goal because of the great pass by him. Then after that he skates by the bench and basically shouts at Pekka to keep it up and bring it home for us.

This isn't the same guy we had before. He is looking incredibly mature and team-oriented and, as was also mentioned before, he makes things happen every time he's on the ice. They don't often equate to goals (then again nothing in this game "often equates to goals") but he just has the knack of being where he needs to be, putting his stick is a good place, making good decisions and knowing where guys are going to be. It amazes me that not only does he do this, but he's doing it right away with not much time to blend in with the current guys on the team. The pass he made to Halischuk for the goal against Winnipeg was crazy to me. In his second NHL game in 4 years he makes a no-look pass on a breakout to a guy who isn't even on his line like it was no big deal at all and he had been linemates with him all year. It's possible that was the first time Rads and Hali had ever been skating next to each other in their lives and Rads knew where he was going to be without even looking. We've never had a guy capable of things like this.....in the prime of his career......who seems to enjoy playing for us.

Who knows how the season and playoffs will unfold, but the way it looks now we definitely need to lock him up and he has taken priority over Suter in my mind too.
He's playing like the guy we hoped to develop here over the past four years. I'm not worried about his on ice or locker room presence, but, I'm still hesitant to see how things play out this off season when it comes contract time. We'll soon see just what he is expecting monetarily and what, if any, KHL obligations really exist (Medvedev and Daly aren't even in the same book, much less the same page). If he commits here, $6ish isn't out of the question ... but for that I'd want him to sign a relatively long term deal that takes him past day one of UFA eligibility.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Radulov and AK may very well be the pieces that convince Suter to stay. I had my doubts about Rads (as any sane person would) but he seems to be fitting in and is the dynamic player we have been missing. If we beat Detroit in the playoffs, I think that goes a long way in getting everyone (especially suter) to stay here.

Resign this entire team with the exception of Gill, Gaustad, and maybe tootoo, I'd say we are set for years to come.

The Brothers Kos and Rads are now above Suter on my must sign now list.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote