HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#78 KINGS @ OILERS, 3/30/12 = Thoughts & Tidbits ... WE WIN! and move into 3rd

Old
03-31-2012, 12:14 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

vCash: 500
2-2 to make the playoffs, and with the other losses, only 2-1-1 needed to keep the division...

Do _that_ again tonight, and the Kings are in a REALLY good position going into the final three.

And personally, I would start Bernier, to keep Quick from being burned out (since play beyond game #82 is looking more and more likely), as well as to keep JB from being ice-cold should he (gods forbid) have to come in as an injury replacement in the post-season...

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topliner967 View Post
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Williams (when he's on his game) is pretty good at retrieving pucks and keeping them alive, and Richards took on more of a leader role on his line with Carter out. Carter might be able to get some more open space and scoring chances playing with Kopitar/Brown. I guess most teams would focus on shutting down the Kopi line, but if the Richards/Williams combo can get going they'll be a real threat as well.
Exactly . Kopitar will always drive to the boards that's never going to change, but putting carter on with him will make it have a purpose since players always focus on him carts can get open in the slot and bury it

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:10 PM
DontgoZiggy

I like Frasers game and think he should be re signed. He fills the agitator role, but has a bit of sense, chipping away in front of the net, drawing the Dman into matching roughing penalties when the oil were already down to four dmen. Doesn't seem to back down much, plays solid. His game has probably helped Sutter push Lewis into more of an offensive role.

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
dude enjoy the win, complaining about low posts every win gets old too......you know the drill in life its more fun to commiserate with others when we are miserable, most do not need help be happy by themselves, at least until they need glasses
And dozens of complaints after each loss doesn't get old?

I mention it here or there but generally I avoid PGT's in general due to the negativity. Even in most PGT's for wins have some negativity (This one seems safe of that outside of the odd comment about Richardson). The few times I've made a comment about low posts pales in comparision to the repetitive negative posts others submit.

I know the negative Nancy's at least check this thread out during wins, even if they don't post. If they feel like subjecting us to their crap, they can read mine too.

As for the game, I love how the guys are peaking at the end of the season like this. They seem to REALLY want to get into the playoffs and haven't mailed in a game in a while. Even the game against Vancouver we outplayed them, just couldn't bury a chance while against Boston, we played well outside of the third period. We haven't seen the club just go through the motions in a while, like how it looked like Calgary did on Wednesday (though that was partially to our credit as well). If they don't mail things in tonight or on Monday, we should be able to get at least three points out of it and that would at least VERY LIKELY seal a playoff spot for us, maybe even the division.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I know the negative Nancy's at least check this thread out during wins, even if they don't post. If they feel like subjecting us to their crap, they can read mine too.
1. How do you know this?

2. Do you keep a list of "negative Nancy's" and their post count?

3. Why do you seem to care how often other fans post?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Almost (very close) as many people have viewed this as the amount of people who viewed the Bruins thread after we lost. And more have posted in it. For reference, this also has nearly as many posts as when we lost to the Jackets and the sky was about to fall.

Analysis: There are some teams people on this board don't talk about our games against. The Oilers, Bruins, Jackets (look all these PGT's up if you don't believe me) fit into that category. Everyone will talk about a Ducks game, Canucks game, Sharks game, etc.

This is also the usual amount for a PGT unless the game is really really bad or something crazy happens. This was a beatdown. We're just a few posts off the general number, and because we have a game tonight, probably won't make it to that.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:19 PM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I don't understand the hate for Matt Greene, Mike Richards and Drew have more PM than Greene(so does Fraser).

His style of play is going to net some PM, He is what he is.

Matt Greene is also only two points behind Penner and Four points Behind......SToll.

Matt Greene is probably having his best season in his career. He is the perfect Four to Sixth D man.

Greene has over 200 hits and 100 blocks....

This.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:15 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
I'm saddened by Richardson's fall from grace. I think maybe a change of scenery could do him some good. I think maybe we could unload him to an East team that plays a more open system for a 3rd rounder or something.
Just throwing this out there, but I think Richardson would thrive statistically in a team like the Islanders if they have room for him.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:35 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I don't understand the hate for Matt Greene, Mike Richards and Drew have more PM than Greene(so does Fraser).

His style of play is going to net some PM, He is what he is.

Matt Greene is also only two points behind Penner and Four points Behind......SToll.

Matt Greene is probably having his best season in his career. He is the perfect Four to Sixth D man.

Greene has over 200 hits and 100 blocks....
I agree with this 100%. Greene is probably the most underrated player on the team.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Just throwing this out there, but I think Richardson would thrive statistically in a team like the Islanders if they have room for him.
Kind of like Moulson?

I really don't think the NYI have room for Richardson. That team has a fair amount of talent up front.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Just watched the TSN highlights and there was a shot of Jeff Carter in a walking boot, that definitely can't be a good thing. I knew it was an ankle injury, definitely didn't think he'd be in a walking boot. This might be a little bit worst than we originally thought
Pic of Carter's ankle up on BIGMOUTHBARRY blatant plug for the hack but ohwell ...

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:54 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
1. How do you know this?

2. Do you keep a list of "negative Nancy's" and their post count?

3. Why do you seem to care how often other fans post?
1. Because some have posted to say as much.

2. No I don't have a list, but a few are well known, like PSP.

3. I don't care how often others post, and never said as such. As usual Butch, your reading skills for my posts sucks. I said I care about what they post following each loss, and how ridiculous it is that the sky is falling in and virtually every player sucks each time we lose.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote