HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanking is for losers (Jets win 4-3 in OT)

Old
03-31-2012, 11:04 AM
BennyTheJet

vCash: 500
Really glad to see the boys battle back last night. I was talking on the phone with my parents in Winnipeg discussing how happy I am to have an NHL team back in the city, but also how emotionally tied I am to whether they win or lose. I'm a basket case the next day after a bad loss.

BennyTheJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:40 AM
sully1410

vCash: 155
My brother in Law was telling me that you guys have to pay for the Jets channel. What the hell is that about?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
My brother in Law was telling me that you guys have to pay for the Jets channel. What the hell is that about?
If you have Bell its free... Shaw and MTS charge

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
I don't know if it is a matter of 'people jumping off the bandwagon' so to speak.

Some people just find it hard to participate when their team is for all intents and purposes eliminated. Some people just won't watch games that have no bearing on anything (I know, there are reasons to play and watch the game).

I know that I went off the grid that last year I was following Edmonton, you know, the one where they were supposed to improve but were out by the ASG again. (I know, that's every year).

I imagine some people need a while to get over not making the playoffs... this is emotionally draining for fans too.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
What is wrong with that? It is a premium service just like if you order MMA or the soccer channel.

The Jets need as many revenue streams as possible, and with so many people trying to get tickets and not being able to, it's a great way to earn a little extra money for the smallest market in the NHL.

I happily pay my 10 bucks a month. It is absolutely fair for the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of it, and I feel like along with merch sales I am doing my part to support the team I love.

edit: I do however believe that season ticket holders should get it for free.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Player management is at least as important as the pick itself, in my opinion. Alex Burmistrov, Zach Bogosian and Evander Kane were rushed into regular roles in Atlanta, yet who doesn't think that they all could've used some more seasoning on their junior team, or in the AHL?
Kane wasn't rushed and Bogosian is debatable(but moot now). Kane scored 48 goals with 96 points as a 17 year old. He wasn't going back to junior regardless.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
What is wrong with that? It is a premium service just like if you order MMA or the soccer channel.

The Jets need as many revenue streams as possible, and with so many people trying to get tickets and not being able to, it's a great way to earn a little extra money for the smallest market in the NHL.

I happily pay my 10 bucks a month. It is absolutely fair for the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of it, and I feel like along with merch sales I am doing my part to support the team I love.

Or even half price I only want the away games

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:54 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

Quote:
I don't know if it is a matter of 'people jumping off the bandwagon' so to speak.

Some people just find it hard to participate when their team is for all intents and purposes eliminated. Some people just won't watch games that have no bearing on anything (I know, there are reasons to play and watch the game).

I know that I went off the grid that last year I was following Edmonton, you know, the one where they were supposed to improve but were out by the ASG again. (I know, that's every year).

I imagine some people need a while to get over not making the playoffs... this is emotionally draining for fans too.
Yea Jet I was having fun.....everyone processes missing the playoffs in a different way and I am guessing some guys are exhausted from the grind and also some probably have a life and last night was a Friday

I just love watching the boys play and a nice 3rd period comeback on the road against a team that hurt our playoff chances was very enjoyable for me to watch last night.

Last edited by ps241: 03-31-2012 at 04:41 PM.
ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:12 PM
SensibleGuy

And if I'm not mistaken, beating the Canes knocked them out of contention did it not?

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Kane wasn't rushed and Bogosian is debatable(but moot now). Kane scored 48 goals with 96 points as a 17 year old. He wasn't going back to junior regardless.
Likely true. I have a hard time believing any of those three would have got much out of another year of Junior. A year in the AHL as an 18 year-old would be a different story.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Likely true. I have a hard time believing any of those three would have got much out of another year of Junior. A year in the AHL as an 18 year-old would be a different story.
Just gonna clarify, since all 3 of those guys were drafted out of the CHL, none of them were eligible for the AHL in their year after the draft. Kane would not have been AHL eligible until this year, same with Burmistrov since he was a late birthday (born after Sept 15th then you are only eligible for the draft the year after everybody else your age born before Sept 15th). Bogosian wasn't AHL eligible until 2010-11. Their 20 year old years basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Belushi is trying to rally his collage buddies to get revenge on a fellow fraternity and gives a speech where he says was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbour

The part allot of people probably don't know is at the end of the movie when they are rolling the credits they are showing all the guys pictures and When it came to Belushi it was revealed he was "a history major"
I didn't know that I'd post the clip, but it's very NSFW. GermanJetsFan I strongly suggest this movie, just a classic one of my favourites.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Just gonna clarify, since all 3 of those guys were drafted out of the CHL, none of them were eligible for the AHL in their year after the draft.
Yes of course, just venting on something I don`t like. I think in your average draft, there are five guys that could go straight to the NHL. After that, there is another dozen or so who I don`t feel benefit from another year in junior, but are not advanced enough for the NHL. Those players would best be served by a year or two in the AHL as a teenager. Must my 2 cent.

Last edited by Gil Fisher: 03-31-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 04:59 PM
dkehler

Quote:

I highly doubt that one red cent of that $10 per month goes to the Jets. They got their money when they sold the rights to Bell.

dkehler is offline   Reply With Quote