Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Max Friberg Potential

Old
03-29-2012, 07:43 PM
JamesProspect
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Max Friberg Potential

Hi, im participe in a simulate hockey league, and I need some opinion about the potential of Max Friberg. I See him in the junior championship this winter and he was probably the best player on the ice for team sweeden with 9 goals. He was outstanding and thats why i'll maybe select him in first round

But, i see his number in sweeden, only 10 pts in 48, i know that he play with men and with a team without talented player, but it remain that is number are low.

I dont have the chance to see him played in Sweden, so can you tell me what's the potentiel of MAx Friberg. Personally I think its maybe a Do or Die to draft him in a first round because he can be a 1st or 2nd liner or bust. Maybe i'm wrong

So what did you think about Friberg???

JamesProspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
nash6061

salut pd,

c un flop ta merde

nash6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 07:49 PM
nudie

I dont think the ever will become a NHL player, he's not good enough.

nudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Everlasting

Sorry but desepites his 2 goals yesterday i just cant see him as an nhlplayer. He just aint that good. Before WJC he made like 1 goal in SEL. But maybe the game on small rinks just suits him better, who knows.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:09 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

He's been getting 4th line minutes for pretty much the entire season.
With more ice time 30 points next season seems possible.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 03:14 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
He's been getting 4th line minutes for pretty much the entire season.
With more ice time 30 points next season seems possible.
For a reason. He cant score 30 points.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
For a reason. He cant score 30 points.
If I were you I'd retract that statement, Max is still only 19, and he jumped from Division 1 to a terrible (Sorry, but it is the truth. I love TIK, but you're not what you used to be) Timrå. It is pretty natural that he ended up having a rough year, because it is a big step, and from what I hear 'Perra' wasn't very smart with him, so to say. I'd say that Max definitely has the potential for 30p, maybe not next year, but easily in the upcoming three years. 10 + 10 should be easily attainable for him next year.

Has he got NHL-potential? Well, who knows. He seemed to do well on the smaller rinks in the WJC. With some patience and a year or two in the AHL I'm sure he'd be able to end up in the NHL.

Basically, the point I want to make is that saying that he's a bust already is among the dumbest things you can do. He's only 19, give him time.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Everlasting

No, becuse i am right. He cant score 30p. In the future he might, he definitely have potential but he has not been playing good at all this season and doesnt deserve anything moore. At the moment he is not good enough for 30pts. Perra didnt give him little icetime becuse of nothing, before wjc he scored i belive 1 goal. And after all his 48 sel games he had made 10 points. Even Anton Lander who is more deffensive scored more points then Max when he was 19. Then again, lander is better in every aspect.

I belive he can do better but now he is not that good. But in his latest game he was great. 2 goals and one of them was in OT.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
joe89

Quote:
And after all his 48 sel games he had made 10 points. Even Anton Lander who is more deffensive scored more points then Max when he was 19. Then again, lander is better in every aspect.

I belive he can do better but now he is not that good. But in his latest game he was great. 2 goals and one of them was in OT.
Lander is overall a better prospect, I agree with that. On the other hand, Lander is not that great of a prospect himself. Very limited upside offensively. Friberg has more, but has other obstacles to his game instead.

Lander, 26p 49 games. 18:19 TOI.
Friberg, 10p 48 games. 10:11 TOI.

I'd say that's a pretty normal production for a junior with little ice time. How often haven't we seen that change over a season with an increased role and better environment?

Friberg's problem is that he's probably not skilled enough to be a top six NHL forward. And his average frame makes his chances pretty bad to become a regular bottom six guy. I can see him becoming a 3rd liner though with time. Let's see what he does in the SEL the next one or two years first.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
No, becuse i am right. He cant score 30p. In the future he might, he definitely have potential but he has not been playing good at all this season and doesnt deserve anything moore. At the moment he is not good enough for 30pts. Perra didnt give him little icetime becuse of nothing, before wjc he scored i belive 1 goal. And after all his 48 sel games he had made 10 points. Even Anton Lander who is more deffensive scored more points then Max when he was 19. Then again, lander is better in every aspect.

Just because he hasn't done well in Timrå doesn't mean that he's incapable of producing points in other teams, and I assure you, Max definitely has talent. He might not have played all that well this season, but we can attribute that to the fact that he went from Division 1 to Elitserien, which is a big step. Especially if you are a young player, which Max is.

I'm honestly allergic to comparisons between players; because even if they are similar in many ways, they are also different in so many ways. Lander is definitely the better between these two; in fact, Lander is probably going to be better than Pääjärvi (In my opinion, at least).

My point is; Friberg has talent, but you have to account for several factors when it comes to the fact that he hasn't had a great season in Timrå this year. First, not to be rude, but Timrå has been absolutely terrible this year. All of the drama around the team, and 'Perra' being the completely wrong coach for the team surely didn't make the transition any easier. Secondly, like I've said repeatedly, the transition from Division 1 to Elitserien is a large one, and Max is only 19. You can't really expect him to go into a poor Elitserien team and be a dominating force. After the WJC last year the hype machine somehow raised the expectations on Max to incredible levels, but you always have to remember here that we are dealing with young kids. In the end, I hope Max didn't make a mistake by signing with Timrå instead of taking a year in HockeyAllsvenskan, which maybe would've been better for his development. In general, I feel that more young players ought to take a year or two in HockeyAllsvenskan, since they definitely benefit more from playing 10-15+ minutes in HockeyAllsvenskan, then being put in the 4th line in Elitserien. Rushing young and talented players only creates problems, because let's face it, very few young players are good enough to step into Elitserien and produce.

Ah, I think that's the end of my Friday rant.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
JamesProspect
Rookie User

well if friberg is less talented than Lander, so i think could'nt maybe not reach the nhl

I see a another sweeden player : William Karlsson 45pts in 46 games for the 2nd rank of his team

What's the pontentiel of William Karlsson, i read some great things about him , but i never see him played.

I Think it's a outstanding season for a young man at 18-19 years old

So, do you think he have chance to be a 1st or 2nd liner in the nhl?

JamesProspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 03:57 PM
nudie

Most of Fribergs goals in JVM was at chances that never will be present at senior hockey, how often can a player stand right infront in perfect position and just aim the puck in the corners. His shot is not impressive, neither is his speed, hockey iq or stick handling. He will have to develop like none else to reach nhl.

I hope I have to take those words back in the future for the sake of swedish hockey, but I just don't see it.

nudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:57 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudie View Post
Most of Fribergs goals in JVM was at chances that never will be present at senior hockey, how often can a player stand right infront in perfect position and just aim the puck in the corners. His shot is not impressive, neither is his speed, hockey iq or stick handling. He will have to develop like none else to reach nhl.

I hope I have to take those words back in the future for the sake of swedish hockey, but I just don't see it.
I don't agree, I think he's a pretty smart player, and he's also an extremely hard worker. He might never be a NHL player, but at the very least he'll be a very good SEL player imo.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Just because he hasn't done well in Timrå doesn't mean that he's incapable of producing points in other teams, and I assure you, Max definitely has talent. He might not have played all that well this season, but we can attribute that to the fact that he went from Division 1 to Elitserien, which is a big step. Especially if you are a young player, which Max is.

I'm honestly allergic to comparisons between players; because even if they are similar in many ways, they are also different in so many ways. Lander is definitely the better between these two; in fact, Lander is probably going to be better than Pääjärvi (In my opinion, at least).

My point is; Friberg has talent, but you have to account for several factors when it comes to the fact that he hasn't had a great season in Timrå this year. First, not to be rude, but Timrå has been absolutely terrible this year. All of the drama around the team, and 'Perra' being the completely wrong coach for the team surely didn't make the transition any easier. Secondly, like I've said repeatedly, the transition from Division 1 to Elitserien is a large one, and Max is only 19. You can't really expect him to go into a poor Elitserien team and be a dominating force. After the WJC last year the hype machine somehow raised the expectations on Max to incredible levels, but you always have to remember here that we are dealing with young kids. In the end, I hope Max didn't make a mistake by signing with Timrå instead of taking a year in HockeyAllsvenskan, which maybe would've been better for his development. In general, I feel that more young players ought to take a year or two in HockeyAllsvenskan, since they definitely benefit more from playing 10-15+ minutes in HockeyAllsvenskan, then being put in the 4th line in Elitserien. Rushing young and talented players only creates problems, because let's face it, very few young players are good enough to step into Elitserien and produce.

Ah, I think that's the end of my Friday rant.
Dont get me wrong, im on your side, i like Friberg etc. But i just dont think he is that good at the moment and dont deserve more icetime. But i hope and that he will get more the next season and that he shows that he deserves it.