HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets gear at Jobing.com

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 02:46 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
I gladly invite Jets fans to any Coyote games, especially non-Canadian teams games. And wear your Jets jersey or whatever you want. I much prefer that to the Redwing fans who pretend to be Coyote fans, and then transform into obnoxious jagoffs when the wings visit. I'd much rather they wear something identifying who they really are.
Are people really comparing jets/coyotes to Raiders/Broncos or Yankee/Red Sox rivalries? Please. There are legit rivalries...and then there are fake rivalries built solely from nationalistic stupidity perpetuated by a few over-the-top fans from both sides who are an embarassment to most of us.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:08 AM
kihekah19

[QUOTE=knowitall;4691776

We are just showing off how happy we are to have our team back. No offense to Coyotes fans. [/QUOTE]

No offense, but you really don't have your team back.... we have your team, you have the Thrashers.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:36 AM
kihekah19

There are most likely as many reasons for folks wearing a given sweater (be it Redwings, Sabres, or Jets) to a given venue as there are people wearing them. The only reason folks get a little bent out of shape about it here in the valley is because it is more prevalent than in most other locations. It can become tiresome and aggravating for those that have chosen to embrace their home team, to continually see those who have not.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:39 AM
pacerhimself

If it makes you feel better, there's a pretty high chance that a lot of people wearing out of towner jerseys are visiting and deciding to watch a hockey game relatively on the cheap. But for folks who own a second home down there, it would be nice to see them fully embrace the local team while they're here.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
In Canada only the very rich go to the NHL games anyway. The rest of the country supports the NHL by watching it on the tube and buying lots of sweaters and trinkets. The Canadians down here couldn't afford to go to more than a couple of games up their anyway, so expecting them to get season or partial season ticket plans is really a stretch.
There are tons of avid and long-time Jets fans in Winnipeg who don't get to see them play in Winnipeg. They missed out on season tickets, and it hasn't been easy to find tickets on a game-to-game basis. I know of plenty of Jets fans who like to watch NHL hockey when they visit the Phoenix area. When I was at the Winnipeg airport heading to a US city I overheard a couple in the immigration line saying that they were heading to Phoenix and planned to catch a couple of Coyotes games, noting how great a bargain tickets were. It would be surprising if some of these Winnipeggers didn't wear Jets' jerseys. If you go to a Jets' game at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, you would find that 80-90% of the crowd wears a Jets jersey. I am one of the small minority that doesn't. I can't explain why they might choose not to support the Coyotes, but there isn't much reason for Winnipeggers to follow or support the Coyotes.

By the way, every Winnipeg home game has fans supporting the opposing team. Some are originally from that city and/or are long time fans, and some are just contrarian because that is their "shtick". I don't mind it personally. It encourages the home town fans around to cheer louder, and it is all that much sweeter when the home team wins.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Meh. I don't wear a Yankees shirt when I see a game at Fenway. Disrespectful.
But that's baseball...

The main reason to refrain from wearing an opposing team's jersey at a hockey game is to avoid conflict.

I can't see anything disrespectful about wearing the jersey of a third team not involved in a particular game. It just indicates which is your favourite team.

Winnipeg didn't "take" the Coyotes franchise, and is not a threat to do so. Other than those who have fastidiously followed internet discussions about the Coyotes ownership saga, do Coyotes fans really have any reason to dislike folks from Winnipeg who are Jets fans? It's not exactly like the thousands of Quebec Nordique fans that have gone en masse to games in other cities as a show of their interest in the relocation of a team to their city.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=344972

Last edited by Whileee: 03-31-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 12:12 PM
PhoPhan

I've been the "opposing" fan at most of the Coyotes games I've been to, and I always wear a Coyotes jersey (or, before the Jets made their return, my Tkachuk Jets jersey). I've been harassed in Philadelphia and mostly ignored by the more muted fanbases in Atlanta and DC. I don't think it's a big deal either way. I'm there to watch a hockey game, not get into anything with some drunk idiot.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Mork

Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
No offense, but you really don't have your team back.... we have your team, you have the Thrashers.
The Jets left, and the Jets came back. Sounds like Winnipeg has its' team back to me.

Phoenix has the Coyotes.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:12 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
The Jets left, and the Jets came back. Sounds like Winnipeg has its' team back to me.

Phoenix has the Coyotes.

Perhaps you'd benefit from checking the history, but simply put: The jets left to become the Coyotes and will never come back. The Thrashers left to become the Jets and Winnipeg now has what has been termed the re-Jets. It's a decent team and with proper management will make progress in the league.... something folks up there are (and should be) proud of.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post

Phoenix has the Coyotes.
haha you're being purposely obtuse, you know darn well you didn't get the Jets back, you got the re-branded Thrashers.

Old
03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I've seen NFL and MLB jerseys at Coyotes games.

How silly is that?

Never thought there was a dress code at sports arenas.
There is in San Jose ... So the team changed its dress code at HP Pavilion for the 2011-12 season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp13538

And Anahiem ... Honda Center reserves the right to deny entry to any guests wearing clothing items deemed offensive.

http://www.hondacenter.com/FAQList.aspx

Two examples, but read the fine print on your tickets. Every sports arena has a dress code.

And as far as this thread... who cares what jerseys people wear. OMG.. 15 people are wearing Jets Jerseys to a Coyotes game... the team must be moving for sure.. Obviously the fans in Phoenix have never been in ANY arena in Canada when the Montreal Canadiens are playing. ( you would swear you had been transported back in time to the Forum )

Last edited by cbcwpg: 03-31-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 05:26 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

My point in making this thread, is why the hell are there so many Jets jerseys, and not many Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Sens, Leafs or Habs jerseys? Winnipeg is the smallest town of all them. Theres no way in hell that many snowbirds from Winnipegers that come down.

Closed Thread