HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Preds

Old
03-31-2012, 12:38 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
From the looks of it a lot of guys on this team will be here next year according to Trotz.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...m-barry-trotz/

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:13 PM
NoNecksCurse

I believe that... and hopefully we do. but suter, dont get your hopes up. trust me

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I believe that... and hopefully we do. but suter, dont get your hopes up. trust me
When David squeezes his balls under the table, he will sign...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
There is so much read into every little thing Suter does or doesn't do that it's ridiculous. I'm waiting for the "look how little he flexed his pinky while squeezing a water bottle ... obviously he's checked out" type post by the end of round one. I have better things to do than overanalyze every expression and gesture.

Only one person knows for sure if he's definitely leaving this summer and it's him.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:30 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
When David squeezes his balls under the table, he will sign...
LMAO!!

@101 ... his mind could change I guess after the playoffs.. but right now, im extremely confident he isn't signing. and I'm not reading into anything he does or say

Old
03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
klt2001

The way Suter has been playing after the ASG, I rather him not resign if he's going to play like that. Good thing he seems more engaged in the Detroit game so maybe he's getting out of the funk he was in and coming out to play. If he does that, then I'll be happy if he resigns w/ the Preds.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-31-2012 at 04:20 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:16 PM
NoNecksCurse

suter is not worth what he will get, period.

Old
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
The way Suter has been playing after the ASG, I rather him not resign if he's going to play like that. Good thing he seems more engaged in the Detroit game so maybe he's getting out of the funk he was in and coming out to play. If he does that, then I'll be happy if he resigns w/ the Preds.
I tell you if Suter is thinking of leaving us for Detroit he should look at last nights game and maybe rethink....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
glenngineer

I wonder if he's been nursing an injury

Old
03-31-2012, 05:29 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I wonder if he's been nursing an injury
possible.. but I doubt it. his positioning is what makes him so good and its been pretty bad at times. and on top of that, I don't see the same fire as in the past. ill wait for the playoffs to make a final judgement on whether id like him re-signed. but for the price it will be, its a definite no.

we could have a good forward and a good 2nd pair defenseman for one suter. tieing up a bunch of money in 3 (possibly 4 with rads) players doesn't seem like a recipe for success with this franchise

Old
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
pekkaslap

I think we already have Suter's replacement in Josi. Use that money elsewhere, like Radulov, or another dynamic forward.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:39 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
possible.. but I doubt it. his positioning is what makes him so good and its been pretty bad at times. and on top of that, I don't see the same fire as in the past. ill wait for the playoffs to make a final judgement on whether id like him re-signed. but for the price it will be, its a definite no.

we could have a good forward and a good 2nd pair defenseman for one suter. tieing up a bunch of money in 3 (possibly 4 with rads) players doesn't seem like a recipe for success with this franchise
Lots of ifs in your statements. Lots of you're assured he's gone too. Who knows what's going on. If he is nursing an injury it would explain his positioning because if he can't move that eliminates one of his strengths. I have nothing to base it on but you don't see a guy like that play at a certain level to suck for a month straight without something going on.

Old
03-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
I think we already have Suter's replacement in Josi. Use that money elsewhere, like Radulov, or another dynamic forward.
Don't forget about Blum. He may have fallen off the rails completely this year, but I don't think we should drop expectations because of one season. This miserable season will actually help in signing him at a very reasonable contract. A cheaply signed Josi and Blum might be the way to go rather than giving Suter 6-7M. Especially with the uncertainty of the new CBA coming up.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 05:42 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Don't forget about Blum. He may have fallen off the rails completely this year, but I don't think we should drop expectations because of one season. This miserable season will actually help in signing him at a very reasonable contract. A cheaply signed Josi and Blum might be the way to go rather than giving Suter 6-7M. Especially with the uncertainty of the new CBA coming up.
I expect Blum to take his one year QO and try to play himself into a better deal. If he would sign a two way contract for 3 years at about 1 mil per at the NHL level I'd take it but he's not got much incentive to do that... and I don't see poile giving him one way money at this point...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

While I agree Josi can replace Suter, we absolutely need to bring in a non-rookie defenseman. If we dont...

Weber-Josi
Blum-Klein
Ellis-Ekholm
Laakso

Do you really feel comfortably with that defense? What happens if Josi gets hurt? I'd much rather see us trade Wilson (not like Trotz will let him play anyways) for either Schenn or Wilson+ for Enstrom.

Weber-Josi
Schenn-Blum
Klein-Ellis
Ekholm/UFA vet

Much better. If we have the money, sign Carle too.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
While I agree Josi can replace Suter, we absolutely need to bring in a non-rookie defenseman. If we dont...

Weber-Josi
Blum-Klein
Ellis-Ekholm
Laakso

Do you really feel comfortably with that defense? What happens if Josi gets hurt? I'd much rather see us trade Wilson (not like Trotz will let him play anyways) for either Schenn or Wilson+ for Enstrom.

Weber-Josi
Schenn-Blum
Klein-Ellis
Ekholm/UFA vet

Much better. If we have the money, sign Carle too.
Definitely agree with this. I like the moves we made up front, and Gill is nice to have but not at a whole season. If Gill signs a $$ friendly contract to be the 6th/7th guy I'd definitely take that.

But I also like going after Carle and trading Wilson for defense. Taking your second set of pairings and adding Carle and Gill.

Weber-Josi
Schenn-Carle
Klein-Ellis
Gill

That's a very nice defense, not sure if it's Schenn or not, I'm thinking Blum could be packaged with Wilson since the other team would need defense coming back.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
dulzhok

As it looks more likely that Suter will leave, I think it's in the best interest of our team not to pay him 7m+.

I just wish Poile used a little foresight with this and traded him earlier when we could've gotten a lot in return.

He will still have some value in trading his rights.

To PHIL: Suter, Hornqvist
to NSH: Sean Couturier

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post

Weber-Josi
Schenn-Carle
Klein-Ellis
Gill

That's a very nice defense, not sure if it's Schenn or not, I'm thinking Blum could be packaged with Wilson since the other team would need defense coming back.
Now THERE is a defense that can play some hockey.

Another deal that fans discussed was Wilson+Blum for Enstrom+Burmistrov. I loved it, some WPG fans ok'ed it, but others were hesitant. We'd probably have to throw a pick in there.

I saw another deal of Wilson+Lindback+4th for Schenn+Kadri/Colbourne. Also intriguing.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
As it looks more likely that Suter will leave, I think it's in the best interest of our team not to pay him 7m+.

I just wish Poile used a little foresight with this and traded him earlier when we could've gotten a lot in return.

He will still have some value in trading his rights.

To PHIL: Suter, Hornqvist
to NSH: Sean Couturier
Philly will never do that. I love that deal, but trust me, I've tried to get Couturier on the trade boards before. I was, rather harshly, informed that they would only trade him in a package for Weber or maybe a cheaply signed Suter. You can propose it, but I doubt it works.

Old
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Philly will never do that. I love that deal, but trust me, I've tried to get Couturier on the trade boards before. I was, rather harshly, informed that they would only trade him in a package for Weber or maybe a cheaply signed Suter. You can propose it, but I doubt it works.
It all comes down to what GMs will do. If Philly really wants Suter, I can see Philly tempted. I think Hornqvist would be a great addition to Philly as well... good compliment to all their skill. I like Coutueire, but right now he's mostly potential. Hornqvist has twice as many goals and is a good bet for 25 per year. Philly is loaded with offensive weapons so I think someone could be available for a package of Suter/HQ. It's also nice for us if he signs in Philly (vs Detroit, for example).

Old
04-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Can you give a team permission to negotiate with a player before a trade? Suter is worth much more in a trade if he's already agreed on a contract with the other team.

Old
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
dulzhok

In terms of 2012-2013, for me, most of these decisions come down to what happens in the playoffs.

If AK is good, we'll try to sign him. If he's not, bye.

SK largely disappeared last playoffs and seems to be disappearing down the stretch. Will he get is act together?

Of course we want Radulov signed long term.

Suter- it's of extreme concern he's coasting as an impending UFA. What happens when he signs a 8 year 60 million dollar deal?

Guastad- have to assume he's gone. Still can't believe we gave up a first for him, especially having to sit good players every game.

Have to Weber signed long-term. Have to.

Tootoo- I have a feeling he's gone. It just seems to be at that point.

I would like us to try and get SOB again. Unless Klein magically has a good playoffs, trade him. If Suter is gone, we have to get some more veteran presence on D. Jackman would be a dream, but I think it's very likely he stays a Blue. Kimmo might be available, especially if Philly gets Suter.

Old
04-01-2012, 03:18 PM
jstreet

vCash: 1453
I wouldnt bring back Goose. We gave up a lot for him and what has he done really?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If goose will stay for at or under 1 million, awesome. If not, bye-bye.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
If goose will stay for at or under 1 million, awesome. If not, bye-bye.
Which is a definite no, I think he'll get at least $2M. I wanted Gaustad to work out too, and who knows maybe he'll step up in the playoffs and be a shutdown beast. But at this point it looks like Smithson+1st was a better keeper than Gaustad+6th. At least it would have been an easy decision to scratch Smithson...

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote