HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 7.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 01:42 PM
domdo345

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
gritty Drummondville. Come on, Drummondville is not a very good team.
Gritty =/ talented? They tried to intimidate Grigo in all games with no results.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
fixed
Yep, lets just keep rushing those prospects.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:54 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I would be glad with any of Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko and Forsberg... but double standards here are amazing.

Grigorenko plays well in the playoffs... it doesn't matter, he faces a bad team and he plays for a stacked team. (for your information, Drummondville won 3 of 4 games against Quebec this season and Grig still is Quebec's #1 center)

Galchenyuk and Yakupov have bad stats against an inferior team in the standings... it doesn't matter, Saginaw is WAY better than Drummondville so them being a combined -14 is just normal. And they're injured, so they have every excuse in the world to play bad, unlike Grigorenko who while he was injured in January-February, couldn't have that excuse and was labelled as a lazy player.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Hey, I'm not trying to hate on Galchenyuk because if we can't lend Grigo, he's my first choice. I'm just trying to expose the double standard around here. If Grigo ran into a hot goalie and went 4 pts in 5 games with -6, all you would see here would be the Russian choker label. Yet, you see people around here saying Galchenyuk is a Toews in the making. Let's see some good 5 vs 5 in the CHL before saying this.
He was excellent 5 vs 5 as a 16 year old. This year he's been hurt and is just now coming back.

He's been better than what could've been expected

Old
03-31-2012, 02:02 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
He was excellent 5 vs 5 as a 16 year old. This year he's been hurt and is just now coming back.

He's been better than what could've been expected
And you still don't understand his point...

Old
03-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
And you still don't understand his point...
Hey Grigorenko's good.

Check my history, i've never said Grigo lacks heart or effort or any of that in fact i've defended him too.

I dont need to knock Grigorenko down to say that I believe Galchenyuk is better, which is what he's trying to do with "Galchenyuk is choking in the playoffs" which is not true.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:13 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Hey Grigorenko's good.

Check my history, i've never said Grigo lacks heart or effort or any of that in fact i've defended him too.

I dont need to knock Grigorenko down to say that I believe Galchenyuk is better, which is what he's trying to do with "Galchenyuk is choking in the playoffs" which is not true.
Choking was not a good choice of words but really, if they get eliminated, TT and habs management will only have had 7-8 games to properly evaluate him. I know he's coming back from a big injury and we do not see his full potential at the moment but who can really know his potential with missing almost a complete year. Tough calls ahead by I trust TT.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:19 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Hey Grigorenko's good.

My bad, I thought he was just saying (like me) that you don't need to knock one down to help the other one look better.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Choking was not a good choice of words but really, if they get eliminated, TT and habs management will only have had 7-8 games to properly evaluate him. I know he's coming back from a big injury and we do not see his full potential at the moment but who can really know his potential with missing almost a complete year. Tough calls ahead by I trust TT.
He'll probably go to the U18 if Sarnia is eliminated

And the Habs went to more video scouting a few years ago. There is a good article about this in the recent hockey news future watch. The Habs will have videos of last year to review on Galchenyuk as well.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan#1 View Post
I found a mock draft who as been made by 2 scouts but it's in french
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...nk-133502.html
So they expect Collberg to fall in the 2nd round ?!?

Man how sweet would it be to grab him in the 2nd plus Grigs/Gal/Forsberg in the 1st!

Old
03-31-2012, 03:22 PM
rockjngo

We can package Plekanec and some draft picks for another top 10 pick. I don't see Plek being long term in Montreal. He can be replace by Lars Eller. We need a top line center and winger. If we can get Galchenyuk or Grigorenko and Forsberg we'll be good down the middle and on wing. We can't have Desharnais and Plekanec as our 1-2 (look at this season). Gomez is as good as gone just like Goat, Puppeteer Gainey.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
So they expect Collberg to fall in the 2nd round ?!?

Man how sweet would it be to grab him in the 2nd plus Grigs/Gal/Forsberg in the 1st!
Collberg is a potential top 10! no way he'll fall to 2nd round.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Collberg is a potential top 10! no way he'll fall to 2nd round.
Yeah that's what I thought too. That's why this article surprised me.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan#1 View Post
It's seem that Timmins its scouting strongly Grigorenko for a wild yesterday at the radio Stephane Leroux from RDS said that. And he said (Trevor Timmins text me to know when the round 2 of the Rempart start against Halifax). So if Grigorenko had a strong playoff run i'm sure we will draft him.
Here's the interview:

http://www.985sports.ca/audioplayer.php?mp3=128874

He talks about it at 2:46...he also adds that he has seen Timmins and Boisvert often in rinks around the Q.

Really hope we get a TT interview soon about the draft now that the omertà is over.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 03-31-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
mister lerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Ok, I'll play along. Would you trade Pacioretty to - let's say - Minnesota for their pick?
I wouldn't ,I think players like PAC are harder to replace then they are to acquire,the old Saying a bird I n your hand is better than 2 in the bush, and we don't really know how well the top choice are going develop in a couple of years

Old
03-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Its really difficult I really want both Grigorenko and Galchenyuk. I have a feeling Galchenyuk will be a very good one and if we don't pick him we will regret it for 10 years. Grigorenko is really a can't miss prospect who can become great. Is there anyway to trade for another top pick so we can get both these two and rebuild? I'm sure we have the assets to do so. Anyone but Price and Subban.
If we do trade for another top 5-7 pick i think rather go after a defensemen.

One of Grigorenko/Galchenyuk/Forsberg along with a Murray/Trouba/Dumba would be nice building blocks. Sure we could go all offense by drafting 2 top forwards but a stud forward + a stud D would be great as well. In any case i wouldn't complain unless we give up too much for another top pick.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I spoke with someone from the Quebec Remparts today. Grigorenko's ankle isn't completely healed. He's still hurting.

It explains the lack of speed compared to the beginning of the season.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
I spoke with someone from the Quebec Remparts today. Grigorenko's ankle isn't completely healed. He's still hurting.

Isn't that usually the case with high ankle sprains? I thought Crosby's lingered until the next season.

Old
03-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Et le But

Quote:
We can package Plekanec and some draft picks for another top 10 pick. I don't see Plek being long term in Montreal. He can be replace by Lars Eller. We need a top line center and winger. If we can get Galchenyuk or Grigorenko and Forsberg we'll be good down the middle and on wing. We can't have Desharnais and Plekanec as our 1-2 (look at this season). Gomez is as good as gone just like Goat, Puppeteer Gainey.
Long term maybe, but the next 2 years? A tandem of Desharnais, Eller and a rookie next year is basically asking to go back to the lotto. Eller is still very up and down, the less expected of a rookie the better (we aren't talking Crosby here), Plekanec is still by far our most well rounded C.

Seriously, it's DD and Plekanec's fault for this season? Does it matter who our 1-2 is when one of them is playing with Darche and Bourque?

You try to make Grigorenko into the messiah in his rookie season, you are basically trying to send him back to the KHL.

You aren't getting Yakupov for Plekanec. You will get a pick in the teens for a guy like Gaunce, who will be lucky to be anywhere near Pleks is offensively.

Last edited by Et le But: 03-31-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 05:37 PM
habsfan#1

I really hope now that Gauthier is out the new GM will let TT talk to the media about is new pick this year at the draft!!!

Old
03-31-2012, 05:44 PM
domdo345

Quote:

Not surprised at all....look at his shift in the first minute:

He was flying, and now barely does this anymore. When he gets his skating 100% back he will be a beast.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yep, lets just keep rushing those prospects.
I don't understand why people keep wanting to rush our prospects so much. As much as I love Gallagher, thought he had a monster camp this season and did really well with Team Canada, also had a great year... But I still think he needs to play at least 1 year in the AHL and dominate there before coming over to the big club.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
mister lerock

Quote:
Not surprised at all....look at his shift in the first minute:

He was flying, and now barely does this anymore. When he gets his skating 100% back he will be a beast.
He looks like a power pivot capable of breakdown other team defense in that video and if you watched any Habs games this year that is one of the main factors we lack to take that next step to being a great team.im confused on one hand I love his hockey sense and ability to slow down the game but I really don't like reading all these he lacks drive comments.we ve had enough players in this mould and what we really need is true warriors,but on the other hand we keep hearing that he has a ankle injury so I don't know we're he really stands.as far as all the positive comments coming from Patrick Roy I truly believe that it might just be a injury that's hill ding him back ,I really hope so.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Dont Poke Subban

I really think the habs will draft filip forsberg..

And leafs might get malcolm subban. (i know not supposed to talk about the leafs here but he is pk's little brother)

Old
03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
I really think the habs will draft filip forsberg..

And leafs might get malcolm subban. (i know not supposed to talk about the leafs here but he is pk's little brother)
I was actually talking to a friend about that, I think the Leafs are going to try and get Malcolm Subban with their 2nd pick. It would be a perfect fit, they desperately need any goalie talent they can get, and they need some local kids for the demoralized fans.

Closed Thread