HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chemistry in the lineup....

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 04:50 AM

vCash: 500
Chemistry in the lineup....

I don't know how CJ thinks he's going to get any production, consistency and chemistry in his lineup if he changes it every single game, you have to give players time to gel, get used to each other, catch lightning in a bottle hopefully, all theses changes and players in and out of the lineup just contributes to lack of effort and creativity between linemates, find a lineup whatever it may be and stick with it, give it at least 5 games and he (CJ) need to match up players who complement each other, for example:

Perreault-Ribeiro-Audette

What was CJ expecting putting theses 3 players together a couple of games ago? they are all the same kind of players, looking at the Habs lineup we have 2 smallish playmaking centers in Koivu and Ribeiro, naturally you want to match them up with the team best scorers, and arguably those 2 are Zednik and Audette, next step due to Koivu and Ribeiro lack of size you want to put a winger who's not afraid to go in the corners and dig the puck out and who's responsible defensively, so if it were up to me, Ryder and Bulis (or Hossa) that gives you more of a balanced lineup where every player just has to do what he does best, Audette scores, Ribeiro needs to set up his linemates and so forth, although I like CJ as a coach I don't think he's given himself and the team the best opportunity to win every game based on his personnel choices.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:26 AM
Shazbot

this season is starting to feel like the second half of last season already - a never-ending line juggling act, a constant search for chemistry in all the wrong places, a season-long experiment with the most ridiculous combinations of the most ridiculous players

something needs to give

where is Bob Gainey anyway?

[edit:]

read this from Red Fisher:

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...D-B073556D96F5

Claude Julien is at a complete loss. he says if anyone should be expected to score on this team, it has to be the veterans; no rookie will pull us out of this scoring drought.

i think he's got the half-right, half-wrong attitude. if you want to point a finger at anyone, point it at the veterans. they've been around long enough. they know the league. they are the designated team leaders. but don't keep the rookies out of a position where they can contribute. he's thinking about letting Ryder sit again tonight.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
this season is starting to feel like the second half of last season already - a never-ending line juggling act, a constant search for chemistry in all the wrong places, a season-long experiment with the most ridiculous combinations of the most ridiculous players

something needs to give

where is Bob Gainey anyway?
Where is Bob Gainey, well the tough thing is who wants any of our players, I think with the reputation we've built over the last couple of years no GM is going to give BG fair value for the players he wants to get rid of, players like Brisebois, Perreault, Juneau adn Audette have all been maligned by the media or other teams in general, I think that's what was the biggest factor in BG defending Brisebois at the beginning of the year, he's trying to keep the players he wants to trade at high value, basically it takes two to tango and we can speculate on trade rumours all day but the other GM's have give equal or greater value or else there is really no purpose in making trades as alot of thoses contracts will begin to run out.

Closed Thread