HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 KINGS @ WILD, 3/31/12 - OT/SO Loss, Thoughts & Tidbits ... Oh well a Point !

Old
03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You think he has come up big this season? Really????

3 goals in 30+ games down the stretch

I'm sorry, he needs to bury that pass from Brown. A play like that could be the difference from winning the division or not. Mike Richards was brought in to finish plays like that, something he has done very little of this season.

Like I said, overall happy with the result.. back to back, backup goalie, down twice, I'll take the point. But certain guys are going to need to find their game for this team to compete with the better teams they'll see in the playoffs.
Sorry Herby but without his shootout goal in Chicago and three point night against San Jose this season's already over. Those were the breaking points for our season and both went our way because of him. He hasn't been what's expected of him but I wouldn't say he's come up short when it matters most. That loss was more along the lines of a prime example of why Bernier shouldn't be and isn't going to be the #1 here. His shootout effort was pitiful and you have to win a lot of those these days.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 03-31-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: deleted quoted material
Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Huge 3rd for Anaheim coming up

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
You think he has come up big this season? Really????

3 goals in 30+ games down the stretch

I'm sorry, he needs to bury that pass from Brown.
Hey I think Richards needs to play better also....but that was a fan-****ing-tastic save by Backstrom.

It doesn't ALWAYS have to be a Kings fault ya know? Sometimes it's good to just credit an opponent. Backstrom came up with a huge stop there.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Oh yeah, couldn't have been a great save by the goalie, right? And Richards couldn't have had a huge game for us last night with a beautiful shorthander, and he couldn't have gotten huge shootout goals for us the last three times, right? You hung the loss on Richards in your post and it's ridiculous.
It's not all on him, but eventually he needs to start burying these chances. It seems the only time the guy does anything is SH. Now that SH goals aren't big, but when was his last non-SH goal besides that EN?

The guy has not had a very good season.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

This constant bashing of Kings players is starting to get really old.

They still have a shot at the Division title, They hold the cards right now.

Unless PHX wins out.

Can we just enjoy the 3 out of 4 points? A lot of people thought the Kings wouldn't get any.

Lots of people thought EDM was going to win.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chazz Reinhold

A) Doughty was God-awful tonight. The fact he was gifted the ice time on the power play in overtime was a joke. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

B) That was such an easy win, wasn't it?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Once the Wild hit the post and missed the empty net to end OT, i actually thought the Kings would steal the 2 points in the shootout. But Bernier quickly made me remember lolbernier in shootouts
The similarities are striking.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
That was all Backstrom
A little bit, but Richards shot it back towards the pad. If he roofs it, kings get 2 points.

Most NHL goalies can get their pad across like backstrom did.

The game was as ugly as people expected with the travel, but the kings did blow a 2nd period lead. That's the 4th or 5th time the kings have lost a point in the third.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Oh yeah, couldn't have been a great save by the goalie, right? And Richards couldn't have had a huge game for us last night with a beautiful shorthander, and he couldn't have gotten huge shootout goals for us the last three times, right? You hung the loss on Richards in your post and it's ridiculous.
Richards has had some good games. But they've been few and far between.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

If someone asked before the trip, would you take 5 of 8 points on this trip, you have to say yes.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Bring on Monday. Kings weren't gonna have it easy no matter what.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
It's not all on him, but eventually he needs to start burying these chances. It seems the only time the guy does anything is SH. Now that SH goals aren't big, but when was his last non-SH goal besides that EN?

That's not the issue or the question here. You totally scapegoated him for the loss in your initial post and I'm calling you out on it.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 03-31-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: removed stuff
King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:05 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Not too pissed over this one. Second game of a back-to-back on the road where the Kings arrived at 4 a.m. (not to mention our back-up was playing). I hate making excuses just as much as the next guy but lets be realistic here. 2-1-1 on a four game roadie. I'll take it.

On to Monday.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Sorry Herby but without his shootout goal in Chicago and three point night against San Jose this season's already over. Those were the breaking points for our season and both went our way because of him. He hasn't been what's expected of him but I wouldn't say he's come up short when it matters most. That loss was more along the lines of a prime example of why Bernier shouldn't be and isn't going to be the #1 here. His shootout effort was pitiful and you have to win a lot of those these days.
Sorry LITN. Have to respectfully disagree. Sure he had a good game vs. SJ. But it could easily be flipped and say had he played even close to how he played in the past and what was expected of him this season we probably would have clinched the division by now.

You look at how Quick, Kopitar, Brown, Mitchell, King and guys like that have played down the stretch, that is why we are in contention for the division title.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If someone asked before the trip, would you take 5 of 8 points on this trip, you have to say yes.
Most wanted 6 and they should have had them. They gave up a third period lead to a bottom feeder.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:08 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

Oh, give it a rest. He played great early on before he was concussed. He played great last night and he played just fine today, in fact the entire team did. When you have 2 games back to back, with a long flight and get to the next city in the middle of the night, chances are you won't get a win. They did well to get to overtime and they lost in a gimmick. You're always looking for something to complain about even after getting 3 points in 2 games.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:08 PM
damacles1156

I guess Richards is the new whipping boy, Everyone got tired of Stoll and Penner ?

Both of which were invisible, Drew anyone ?

Drew makes 7 million Dollars, is on pace again for 40 points.

Can we just accept that the Whole team has pretty much sucked for a good portion of the season ?

Still have a Division title with in reach...

Old
03-31-2012, 10:09 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

This loss was not Mike Richards fault.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Most wanted 6 and they should have had them. They gave up a third period lead to a bottom feeder.
Yeah. It wasn't so much the OTL as HOW it happened that was bad. Argh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
A) Doughty was God-awful tonight. The fact he was gifted the ice time on the power play in overtime was a joke. He needs to get his head out of his ass.

B) That was such an easy win, wasn't it?
A. Agreed. Doughty wants to be the hero; I get it. But man, he needs more maturity in his game and respect for his opponents.

B. /Stapleseasybutton.gif

I really hope this is a wake-up call for an angry Edmonton team on Monday. There's still an outside chance of us falling out of the playoffs, especially if the effort stinks.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

It's okay to be frustrated with the loss. Doesn't mean we arent fans, just makes the game against Edmonton that much more important. Kings can't give up any points to Edmonton, they must get 2.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 431
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
3 out of 4 when a lot of peeps thought the Kings were going to lose to both teams.

I'll take it.

On to Monday....
Thinking the very same thing!

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
You look at how Quick, Kopitar, Brown, Mitchell, King and guys like that have played down the stretch, that is why we are in contention for the division title.
I agree, but, without that goal in Chicago the season is already done. It means a lot, even though I think the actual shootout competition is crap, it is worth something.

You did scapegoat for the loss and I didn't find that right. We lost the shootout because our goalie sucks at them, and I will repeat again for everyone holding the candle for JB, that is part of why I am not in any way shape or form ever willing to endorse him as a #1 for this team. We couldn't win the part of the game that is actually hockey because our team was too tired, but MR played well during the actual hockey game. He did so last night as well.

Why we are in contention for the division title is because the GM finally sacked up and fired a coach who should have been left in 1997 where he belonged. In doing so he also sacrificed part of the "we need to win every game 2-1 or it's no good" philosophy.

I'm all for holding guys accountable but I don't see Richards last few weeks as being anything but good. Not 5.8 million good but good.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
This game really pissed me off, we played so ****ing cocky, we tried to set up richardson with a ONE goal lead the whole time. What the hell were they thinking, we need every point we can get and suddenly its lets pass to richardson day wtf.
What did you expect? Despite all his "scholastic achievement" Dustin Brown is a moron. Take a shot in the slot? Nah, Pass it to Richardson who's got a guy inside his pants.

Considering how they started I'm not upset at the one point, but it's gonna make this last week more nervous than it should be, especially since Phoenix is going to win and Dallas/SJ is likely headed to a 3 point game.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
damacles1156

Like I said the Constant bashing is getting tiresome. I use to be all over Kopitar, and Drew.

But I accepted that this season is a lost one back in Jan. Everyone has sucked big time for long periods of time too.

But hey Look, a Miracle happened and the Kings still have a shot.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Side note: a highsticking double-minor feels a little wrong when the 'injured' player stays on to start the powerplay, no?

Great kill there, but yeesh.

Now if only our PP would catch fire going into the playoffs...

Disclaimer: this loss had nothing to do with the refs. just an observation.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote