HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Old
03-31-2012, 09:25 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I wouldn't give up a no pressure job where you're not punished for poor results with reasonable expectations.
That you're payed very well for... I wouldn't give it up either, these guys are super competitive

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:25 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
I wouldn't give up a no pressure job where you're not punished for poor results with reasonable expectations.
I mean, have some pride.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
He was **** tonight. I'm calling him Dyson from now on -- all suck and no bag.
Perhaps you now see why my username is what it is.

But don't lump the blame on poor Derek. There are plenty of sackless mediocrities on this team.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Ruff is not the coach for this team, regardless of his talent at coaching in general.
He can't sell great play for 82 games. It seems like whenever there are injuries he losses control. He panics, doesn't show leadership, and is content to hide behind the warm cloak of excuses.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4comp View Post
serious question here:

How do you guys lose to Toronto? After the way you played us, and then seeing Philly hang like 8 goals on them I had this game as a win for you guys..

As a caps fan I was hoping you guys would win tonight to keep this 8th seed chase going.
Some people will tell you it was b/c Myers and Ehrhoff was out, that may have had a little bit to do with it, but for this team it's completely mental. If one bad thing goes their way they completely fall apart and it takes them several games to get over it. They are that mentally frail.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jame
Dream '16

6 forwards was classic clueless ruff...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Doesn't that give us 91 points and you 90 points? I fail to see how that gets you into the playoffs?
AGAIN. Me bad at math.

Man, remind me not to try that again.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
They should have, yes.

But blaming Lindy is (ironically, using his word) a joke. What is he supposed to do, exactly?
Lindy was supposed to get enough points to get us in the playoffs, that's what he was SUPPOSED to do.

Analyze this season, how many pts. did he help pull in?

THE RUN:

-Ryan Miller was the main reason. He got sick of taking crap from the media, and decided to have fun with the game. Ruff gets no credit here. The HC doesn't even coach the goalie anyways.

-Tyler Ennis came back in fresh, and was basically FORCED into playing C, because of circumstance. Otherwise, LR would have played him @ LW.

-M. Foligno was only here, because a guy Lindy would have clearly played over him was hurt. That guy was Matt Ellis.

-Drew Stafford in the unlikeliest of scenarios miraculously find line-mates he can play with. Thank God for the perfect storm.

Do you probably want to give LR credit for, what is arguably the league's best line, when he, by all accounts, has a better chance of winning mega-millions than he does of ever getting that lucky again????

If not 'the run', then you tell me what Ruff should be getting credit for this year??

Not much, imo.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:30 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
No. Some teams persevere. The Flyers lose Pronger they keep going. Pens lose letang, Michalek, and martin and keep going. Ruff losses Ehrhoff and Myers and the excuse is golden for Sabre fans. **** that **** win a game vs. ****ing toronto for ****s sakes. Brennon and McNabb played good enough it wasnt their ****ing faults.
Nicely stated!

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:30 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

This looked like a repeat of last year with a nice side order of Scotty Bowman's 85-87 brigades.

A big heaping pile of Craparama.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Nicely stated!
He forgot the Laffs lose all thurr goaleez, but otherwise, nicely stated.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
Perhaps you now see why my username is what it is.

But don't lump the blame on poor Derek. There are plenty of sackless mediocrities on this team.
They have a lot of spinelessness that is simply a case of inertia. When they have spine in enough areas, it allows the followers to do the same and follow. Right now, they have to get some production out of the combined forces of Roy, Vanek, and Boyes. They're getting **** all from them.

03-31-2012, 09:33 PM
SwordStanley10

Good
-FES continues to take over when theyre on the ice
-Leino goal, nice toedrag and nice finish

Bad
-Sekera: gaff on PP, unlucky play
-Miller: I know if its not for him they dont come back from dead last, but four goals against in 2 huge games is not acceptable for an elite tendy
-Brad Boyes has been a complete dissaspointment. I realise his linemate talent level isnt up to par when on the 4th line, but my God even his individual work with the puck is quite terrible, very underwhelming

Ugly:
-Its not over yet, but after soo much optimism with the Washington win literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong
-I wonder how lingering Roy's injury with his quad is? With that said, I took anatomy last semester and I swear I dont remember hearing anything about how the quadriceps is connected to the heart, the guy has zero passion out there and I believe he is a big part of the mental midgetness with this team. This is coming from a long time Roy supporter

SwordStanley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:37 PM
SwordStanley10

Slightly OT: I believe this picture has some photoshop/caption potential

lindy.jpg

SwordStanley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:41 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordStanley10 View Post

Attachment 54449

He thinks he's Kerry Von Erich.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Good
-FES continues to take over when theyre on the ice
-Leino goal, nice toedrag and nice finish

Bad
-Sekera: gaff on PP, unlucky play
-Miller: I know if its not for him they dont come back from dead last, but four goals against in 2 huge games is not acceptable for an elite tendy
-Brad Boyes has been a complete dissaspointment. I realise his linemate talent level isnt up to par when on the 4th line, but my God even his individual work with the puck is quite terrible, very underwhelming

Ugly:
-Its not over yet, but after soo much optimism with the Washington win literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong
-I wonder how lingering Roy's injury with his quad is? With that said, I took anatomy last semester and I swear I dont remember hearing anything about how the quadriceps is connected to the heart, the guy has zero passion out there and I believe he is a big part of the mental midgetness with this team. This is coming from a long time Roy supporter
Yep, Roy sucks.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
serious question here:

How do you guys lose to Toronto? After the way you played us, and then seeing Philly hang like 8 goals on them I had this game as a win for you guys..

As a caps fan I was hoping you guys would win tonight to keep this 8th seed chase going.
Ruff. He can't rally the troops when they are faced with injuries.

Any Sabres fan that wants to check his history and tell me I'm wrong, I'll be right here waiting.

Regier needs to let go of his man crush on Ruff or Mr. Pegula better find a GM who will. Zero point in a back to back after all of that hard work? Come on.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:50 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:

Attachment 54449
Photoshop the hearts of all Sabres fans in his hand.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 09:52 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
He thinks he's Kerry Von Erich.
And he's about to do The Claw to himself?!

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:05 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Photoshop the hearts of all Sabres fans in his hand.
Ruff should be dressed up like this guy in that picture.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I am. For a team as close to the cap as us his $7 million cap hit can be spent so much better.
Agreed. I'm at the point where I hope Darcy offers him to LA for Brown+, especially if Drew can recruit Parise to Buffalo (along with some frontloaded Pegulabucks, of course). I'd much rather spend $7m per on a bona fide NHL star (Parise) than one-trick pony who's only effective on the PP, even if alienates the 30% of our fanbase who still believes Vanek is a star.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Agreed. I'm at the point where I hope Darcy offers him to LA for Brown+, especially if Drew can recruit Parise to Buffalo (along with some frontloaded Pegulabucks, of course). I'd much rather spend $7m per on a bona fide NHL star (Parise) than one-trick pony who's only effective on the PP, even if alienates the 30% of our fanbase who still believes Vanek is a star.
By alleged superstar standards, $7 million salary standards, or alleged "Mike Bossy-esque sniper" standards, Vanek sucks.

If we can con Vancouver into giving us Sulzer for MAG, straight up, who knows what we can get for Vanek. Move him!

Old
03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
Lindy was supposed to get enough points to get us in the playoffs, that's what he was SUPPOSED to do.

Analyze this season, how many pts. did he help pull in?

THE RUN:

-Ryan Miller was the main reason. He got sick of taking crap from the media, and decided to have fun with the game. Ruff gets no credit here. The HC doesn't even coach the goalie anyways.

-Tyler Ennis came back in fresh, and was basically FORCED into playing C, because of circumstance. Otherwise, LR would have played him @ LW.

-M. Foligno was only here, because a guy Lindy would have clearly played over him was hurt. That guy was Matt Ellis.

-Drew Stafford in the unlikeliest of scenarios miraculously find line-mates he can play with. Thank God for the perfect storm.

Do you probably want to give LR credit for, what is arguably the league's best line, when he, by all accounts, has a better chance of winning mega-millions than he does of ever getting that lucky again????

If not 'the run', then you tell me what Ruff should be getting credit for this year??

Not much, imo.

Right... He doesn't deserve the credit.... and he doesn't deserve the blame.

It's the players responsibility to suck it up and step up their game when injuries occur.

Look... you people would feel a lot better if you'd just accept the fact that this isn't a great..or good team... based on the make up .. it's a mediocre team with mediocre players.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
at the plus...

it would take vanek + to get brown

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote