HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 KINGS @ WILD, 3/31/12 - OT/SO Loss, Thoughts & Tidbits ... Oh well a Point !

Old
03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I won't panic unless the kings lose to Edmonton. If the kings have to beat SJ twice to make the playoffs, I don't like their chances.

SJ up 2-0.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Brown had a good game, I'm glad passive Kopitar is back, inconsistent jesus christ. Nets amazing goals when he shoots than he goes back into a shell wtf.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:15 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
This loss was not Mike Richards fault.
It is until Richards shoves 60-70 points down Herby`s throat.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I guess Richards is the new whipping boy, Everyone got tired of Stoll and Penner ?

Both of which were invisible, Drew anyone ?

Drew makes 7 million Dollars, is on pace again for 40 points.

Can we just accept that the Whole team has pretty much sucked for a good portion of the season ?

Still have a Division title with in reach...
I still have hopes for Richards, have seen what kind of player he was in the past for the Flyers and Team Canada. Same thing with Doughty, that is what makes both their seasons such massive head scratchers. We all know they are capable of more. Drew has shown us in the past that he has stepped up in the playoffs, hopefully he and MR find their games soon. Stoll is looking more and more like a fringe NHL'er, he is clearly the worst player on the team who regularly plays. He can't score, he takes ridiculous penalties yet he is still going to be sent out there, with as bad as he has been this season to still be playing shows you he will never be out. I think Penner has been somewhat decent the past couple of weeks. I don't think he'll ever be a 30 goal guy again, but atleast he has a pulse out there.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

This Loss is all the players fault who thought it would be adorable for richardson to get a hatrick.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Asheru

For all the flak Bernier is getting here on shootouts, Quick has had a lot more opportunities to practice, and he hasn't won them all either.

They were very fatigued, and I don't think it was from lack of caring. The schedule sucked, but they can pick up points in the last three.

I wish they could lounge around like the league-owned Coyotes, but oh well. They can deal. Keep on going!

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Happy we got the point when the Kings had a long night, game about 13 hours later after landing in Minny

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Maximoff

They should have finished the game on the 4 on 3, but they didn't have any opportunities besides the Richards one.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I guess Richards is the new whipping boy, Everyone got tired of Stoll and Penner ?

Both of which were invisible, Drew anyone ?

Drew makes 7 million Dollars, is on pace again for 40 points.

Can we just accept that the Whole team has pretty much sucked for a good portion of the season ?

Still have a Division title with in reach...
I think the main reason why the Kings have struggled is because all the guys that were supposed to provide secondary scoring have been unable to do so (Penner, Stoll, Richards, Doughty and Gagne).

Richards is due to be the highest paid player on the team and we gave up prime assets to get him. That's why he he's going to get a disproportionate amount of criticism. He was brought into be a game changer and is usually invisible or flat out bad for most of the season.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DontgoZiggy

I only caught the 3rd period, how'd Bernier play? Funny to see Richardson with the 2 goals after he got honed out by the majority of the Kings online fanbase yesterday. I think the boys did well to escape with a point, killing off the untimely double minor was huge.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
It is until Richards shoves 60-70 points down Herby`s throat.
What are these 60-70 points you speak of?

If Mike Richards had 70 points we have an X next to our name on the standings and aren't scoreboard watching.

Maybe next season...I'm not writing him off at all. Certainly it's disappointing how his numbers have trended the last couple of seasons but he is still a good player. Maybe just not what we all expected.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:21 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Glad we were able to get the point out of this one. Minnesota didn't look like the mess they were last time we played them, and we did look like a travelling team. Now time to get home and rest up before Edmonton.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:22 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I think the main reason why the Kings have struggled is because all the guys that were supposed to provide secondary scoring have been unable to do so (Penner, Stoll, Richards, Doughty and Gagne).

Richards is due to be the highest paid player on the team and we gave up prime assets to get him. That's why he he's going to get a disproportionate amount of criticism. He was brought into be a game changer and is usually invisible or flat out bad for most of the season.
I think you guys are putting way too much stock into Richards. If he was brought in to be the Difference game in game out.

He would be the First line Center. That title belongs to Kopitar.

Mike Richards will never be a PPG or even close to it ever again. He is a 2nd Line Shutdown Center that can score 50 to 60 points a year.

His line also takes the Other teams top lines. He will never be a 70 point guy on the Kings.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
You guys need to talk about the game and players rather than each other.

This is getting tiring.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:24 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Brown had a good game, I'm glad passive Kopitar is back, inconsistent jesus christ. Nets amazing goals when he shoots than he goes back into a shell wtf.

Guess you didn't realize that Kopitar had 3 helpers huh? He was a big reason we got a point.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:25 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You think he has come up big this season? Really????

3 goals in 30+ games down the stretch

I'm sorry, he needs to bury that pass from Brown. A play like that could be the difference from winning the division or not. Mike Richards was brought in to finish plays like that, something he has done very little of this season.

Like I said, overall happy with the result.. back to back, backup goalie, down twice, I'll take the point. But certain guys are going to need to find their game for this team to compete with the better teams they'll see in the playoffs.
Richards put it in the perfect spot and Backstrom simply made an all or nothing play and got it. No way will I accept criticism for that. he's played really well the last two games.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

While some other players have contributed next to nothing offensively in the second half Kopitar seems to be involved in all our goals lately.

Kopitar has been fantastic again this season, as usual. He will go down as one of the alltime greats to ever wear a Kings jersey.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
damacles1156

Kopitar had three helpers, He played good tonight. That is all you can ask for with the travel ETC.

Get ready for Monday Kings. I think EDM will not be happy with how they played at home.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Kopitar had 3 assists and should have had two more with any finish. He also shot the puck a lot for NHL standards. He's been great for a long time.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Kopitar is likely headed for a 75 point season when this team was brutal for half of it. IMO that is an outstanding year for him.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I'm actually happy with this point. We looked so tired from the drop of the puck. The Wild got extremely lucky bounces on just about every goal they scored. They all were insane deflections.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
bobafettish*

is head to head the tiebreaker after row? whats are record against phoenix?

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:36 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I'm actually happy with this point. We looked so tired from the drop of the puck. The Wild got extremely lucky bounces on just about every goal they scored. They all were insane deflections.
Right on,

The Kings still have a shot at the Division title.

Be honest peeps how many of you were ready to rip the Kings for losing both of the last two games ?

Don't lie now, you know you had your rants ready...

They clawed back to get a point, Lets get two more Monday.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Considering the circumstances I think an OTL is a pretty good result.

But they have to beat Edmonton on Monday, no excuses. A win vs. EDM and we look like a lock, a loss and things could get a bit scary.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Most wanted 6 and they should have had them. They gave up a third period lead to a bottom feeder.
3-1 with Vancouver to start the trip and a tough back-to-back to end it? 5 points was fine. You complainers should get ready just in case the Kings don't beat Edmonton on Monday night.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote