Time for a Jersey change!

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 11:35 PM
GORGO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
Remember those old Vancouver flying V jerseys they used to have? Those have got to be the worst jerseys in the history of sports. I remember the Wild's first season, they had some opinion poll of players in the NHL on who had the best, and worst uniforms, and it was said then the Wild got the most votes from NHL players for having the worst uniforms in the league. With the original greens being named the worst of the worst. So KG has a point I think, at least some what. And with this team rebuilding with this big youth movement now, a fresh set of better looking uniforms would seem like it could be a nice idea. Fresh start.
Keep it simple... Like the old "N Star" Jerseys- The Boston Bruins "B"- Montreal Canadiens "MC"-Toronto Maple Leafs "A Maple Leaf"- NY Rangers- "Rangers"... These are all simple jerseys that have a heck of alot of class IMO...Do you really think there are any players in the Wild locker room that feel any real Magic when they pull that "home red" Sweater over their head and hit the ice? They know they look like skating Christmas Trees... Now's the perfect time for Liepold to wipe the slate clean and start over once and for all..

Old
03-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
Do you really think there are any players in the Wild locker room that feel any real Magic when they pull that "home red" Sweater over their head and hit the ice? They know they look like skating Christmas Trees... Now's the perfect time for Liepold to wipe the slate clean and start over once and for all..
Huh?

How would you know that?

Old
03-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 800
Ugh. Those Islanders black jerseys look terrible - especially on the ice. Holy crap.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I have always liked the old ones. They were simple but sharp.

Edit: Also in a slightly lighter shade of green as well.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Dee Oh Cee

I think this kind of thread makes me more mad than anything else....good grief give it up and move on. Our red sweaters are continuously ranked towards the top in the NHL in polls and deservedly so...and the green ones might be even better.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Keep it simple... Like the old "N Star" Jerseys- The Boston Bruins "B"- Montreal Canadiens "MC"-Toronto Maple Leafs "A Maple Leaf"- NY Rangers- "Rangers"... These are all simple jerseys that have a heck of alot of class IMO...Do you really think there are any players in the Wild locker room that feel any real Magic when they pull that "home red" Sweater over their head and hit the ice? They know they look like skating Christmas Trees... Now's the perfect time for Liepold to wipe the slate clean and start over once and for all..
Makes perfect sense to me, I been pretty much agreeing with what you have been saying this whole thread. I for one am ready for a uni change this next season.

That being said, of the 3 jerseys the team is using now, the only one I really like is the green one.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Wait...Montreal Canadiens 'MC'? That's not what they wear.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:50 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
Wait...Montreal Canadiens 'MC'? That's not what they wear.
Exactly!

Quote:
Makes perfect sense to me, I been pretty much agreeing with what you have been saying this whole thread. I for one am ready for a uni change this next season.
So you also think the jerseys are responsible for losses?

Old
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
sioux210

Quote:
And with this team rebuilding with this big youth movement now, a fresh set of better looking uniforms would seem like it could be a nice idea. Fresh start.
exactly, the amount of new kids we got coming up and our new coach, new identity, we need a new look. i dont get why the wild havent done this yet. its seems like buffalo has completely rebranded themselves like 3 times in the past 10 yrs, jersey and logo, until they went back to their classic old school look which theyve seem to finally stick to because the fans like them. i just really cant believe the wild havent changed anything really when they obviously know none of the fans really like the christmas look. they only thing i truly want is for them to just drop the color red and id be happy, i love the green, just not with red...

Old
04-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Deal With It

vCash: 250
Quote:
Pretty sure the Canadiens is a "C H" for something like "Club de Hockey" or whatever the proper french phrase is for Hockey Club. A little help, Fel?

Old
04-01-2012, 12:05 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
exactly, the amount of new kids we got coming up and our new coach, new identity, we need a new look. i dont get why the wild havent done this yet. its seems like buffalo has completely rebranded themselves like 3 times in the past 10 yrs, jersey and logo, until they went back to their classic old school look which theyve seem to finally stick to because the fans like them. i just really cant believe the wild havent changed anything really when they obviously know none of the fans really like the christmas look. they only thing i truly want is for them to just drop the color red and id be happy, i love the green, just not with red...
Jerseys change, but the colors often don't. And even though they have a Christmas look, it hasn't stopped the fans from spending an obscene amount of money on their jerseys.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:06 AM
GORGO

Quote:
I think this kind of thread makes me more mad than anything else....good grief give it up and move on. Our red sweaters are continuously ranked towards the top in the NHL in polls and deservedly so...and the green ones might be even better.
Good grief where are getting your info?... As i said earlier the MN Wild jerseys/Logo/colors were just ranked near the bottem in a recent poll. There simply ranked near GOD aweful, league wide..

Old
04-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Les Habitants.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Good grief where are getting your info?... As i said earlier the MN Wild jerseys/Logo/colors were just ranked near the bottem in a recent poll. There simply ranked near GOD aweful, league wide..
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,200390

Old
04-01-2012, 12:15 AM
sioux210

Quote:
thats just some random dude just like any of us saying his opinion, that isnt a source..

Old
04-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Some random dude with one of the most popular hockey blogs in the world...

Old
04-01-2012, 12:17 AM
sioux210

Quote:
Some random dude with one of the most popular hockey blogs in the world...
your point? still just some dude that i dont agree with.. and i never visit his blog

Old
04-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Deal With It

vCash: 250
Quote:
Interesting fact, the "Buffaslug" logo is the same logo that was used by North Dakota State University not too long ago.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:24 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
And I'll add to it.

THN

If there's a poll of the fans, let's see it.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:26 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
thats just some random dude just like any of us saying his opinion, that isnt a source..
The same can be said for not providing the poll. For all we know, he could have made it up. Where's the proof?

Old
04-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Alright, both sides have presented their arguments but it's now gone into a little war so we're done here.

Closed Thread