HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Porridge Oates: The Right Bran?

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2003, 10:11 PM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Porridge Oates: The Right Bran?

Hopefully, Adam was cast from Paradise too pre-maturely, before he became too experienced to battle for sweet Lord Stanley? We are in need of a Jimi Hendrix type Axe wielding center of attention in E-Town. Are You Experienced! We in Hockey’s HinterLand need only an earthly mortal to guide us back to the borderlands of where to begin the quest for hockey’s Holy Grail. Hey whole Oates’ buddy, no pressure ending your career here, but can you think Ray Bourque and maybe we’ll be eating Count Chocula Granola for breakfast instead of Wheaties while being downright decadent and licking on Stanley Maple syrup this spring!

Edit: sorry guys, being a little tired and keyed-up last night, I blew a digit on the linotype when I wrote this little fanciful ditty.

Old
11-17-2003, 11:35 PM
dem

What in the hell are you talking about??!?

Old
11-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Oilers Hockey

I think I'm high after reading that...

Old
11-18-2003, 05:07 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
What in the hell are you talking about??!?

While using some unique puns, I think he was trying to imply (maybe even wish for) a repeat of the Bourque to COL situation where he ends his career by winning the cup. Only problem here though; COL flopped the first year Bourque was there, but won the cup the next year. We only have Oates for 1 year.

Old
11-18-2003, 05:16 AM
MaDTaZ

Send a message via MSN to MaDTaZ
Oates is good at what he does no question about that, but really Edmonton really needs more then that to help them. Edmonton fans you can keep dreaming about a cup one day cinderella will come down and you will have the glass slipper.

Oh hold on that is a fairy tale right forgot about that, sorry Edmonton

MaDTaZ

Old
11-18-2003, 06:44 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDTaZ
Oates is good at what he does no question about that, but really Edmonton really needs more then that to help them. Edmonton fans you can keep dreaming about a cup one day cinderella will come down and you will have the glass slipper.

Oh hold on that is a fairy tale right forgot about that, sorry Edmonton

MaDTaZ
The Oilers will win a cup before Vancouver. We have the youngest team in the NHL and we are already playing pretty damn good. I mean we are in sixth place already, and we aren't even healthy!!! Once we add Oates to that you should expect the team to improve! I think we have a shot at challenging for the division this year. The 'Nucks how ever are at their peek. THey won't get better, and really, they are a LONG shot at winning the cup.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:48 AM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Living in Vancouver now I can tell you something I am hoping for that I will never tell another Vancouverite in the face. I am hoping the Canucks make it to the Stanley Cup final - yet again - and bomb it - yet again.

Nothing would make me happier than to see our Oilers get the game's greatest prize - yet again - before those filthy, cocky Canucks ever do.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:30 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
Living in Vancouver now I can tell you something I am hoping for that I will never tell another Vancouverite in the face. I am hoping the Canucks make it to the Stanley Cup final - yet again - and bomb it - yet again.

Nothing would make me happier than to see our Oilers get the game's greatest prize - yet again - before those filthy, cocky Canucks ever do.
Hey nikeis, your brand of tantalizing evil would suffer even poor King Tantalus from hockey's Hades. Remember him, "a king who for his crimes was condemned in Hades to stand in water that receded when he tried to drink, and with fruit hanging above him that receded when he reached for it." The Canuckleheads, as insufferably pleased with themselves as they have become, given the recent success of their team are not quite yet deserving of such a Fate.

Closed Thread