HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

**The Official Metal Thread II**

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 05:08 AM
vippe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe

I will never stop listening to this album... It has been my soundtrack since it was released 2 years ago.. Quite possible my favorite album of all time.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Ozkani28

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post

I will never stop listening to this album... It has been my soundtrack since it was released 2 years ago.. Quite possible my favorite album of all time.
Great band, this is my favorite song of them

Old
03-30-2012, 08:58 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paha Arkk1tehti View Post
Great band, this is my favorite song of them
Yeah I've altered favorite song pretty much the entire time. The album is filled with epic songs, never gets boring

Old
03-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Everlasting

The trailer for the first "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody" album was just realeased and the new singer sounds so damn awesome. Just listen to the helloeween cover March of time in the trailer. He sounds like Kiske himself.

This rhapsody thing might be a little confusing so here is a summary:

Background: When Rhapsody formed in the 90s they had one goal, to create a story, after 10 studio albums they finished that story. Then one of the creators and main songwriter Luca Turilli left the band since that was his plan from the beginning. Just one story. During those years the band changed name from Rhapsody to Rhapsody Of Fire becuse some copyrightbull****.

Since Luca Turilli is god he is now back with his new Rhapsody band. "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody". And the first Rhapsody is still active so we have 2 rhapsodys. How awesome aint that? The guitarrist who took his place in the first rhapsody band is unfourtnley Tom Hess.. who cant even be compared to Turilli himself and messed up alot on wacken too lol. Then again, a few guitarrist can be compared, Luca is just that good, too bad rarley shows his skills in that department.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

I'm just listening to Metallica's Kill 'Em All (why did they stray away from trash?), early Maiden stuff with Di'Anno as lead vocalist (Phantom of the Opera is fantastic) and Sabaton who's Attero Dominatus and Primo Victoria are good songs IMHO.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
The trailer for the first "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody" album was just realeased and the new singer sounds so damn awesome. Just listen to the helloeween cover March of time in the trailer. He sounds like Kiske himself.

Apparently this guy used to be in a Helloween tribute band. The influence kinda shows. Also sounds a little like the guy from Heavenly (Ben Sotto?) and during the 3rd clip, there was a moment that sounded Tony Kakko-esque.

I'm liking the new samples so far, can't wait to hear the full album. It'll also be interesting to hear what ROF sound like without Turilli. Any idea if they plan to do another album (or maybe even just a track or two) so soon after From Chaos... or are they gonna focus on touring?

Old
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Apparently this guy used to be in a Helloween tribute band. The influence kinda shows. Also sounds a little like the guy from Heavenly (Ben Sotto?) and during the 3rd clip, there was a moment that sounded Tony Kakko-esque.

I'm liking the new samples so far, can't wait to hear the full album. It'll also be interesting to hear what ROF sound like without Turilli. Any idea if they plan to do another album (or maybe even just a track or two) so soon after From Chaos... or are they gonna focus on touring?
Yeah, and just like Fabio he can sing in a lot of diffrent styles. I think this will be really great
Obviously it will be new albums for Rhapsody1 but they have a huge world tour coming up so it might take alot of time. Fabio wrote 1 song for Rhapsody, Lamento Erioco which is a fantastic song. Im sure he and Strapovli can contuniue a new saga. Maybe some of the new members can help with some fresh ideas?

Sabaton just anunced that they will be splitting up, the singer and bassplayer is all that will remain.... hope its a ****ing apriljoke...

Old
03-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Epoch

New Burzum has leaked for those interested.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
Ah, metal elitists. The reason I hate talking to people about metal.
Because having a differing opinion makes me an elitist?

I absolutely am an elitist, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you don't think your musical taste is the superior to a strangers', you're clearly not listening to the right stuff. But that post was not elitist. It was simply stating I have a differing opinion in a neutral manner.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post

I absolutely am an elitist, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you don't think your musical taste is the superior to a strangers', you're clearly not listening to the right stuff. But that post was not elitist. It was simply stating I have a differing opinion in a neutral manner.
THere is alot of wrong with that, i doubt that there is a human on this planet who doesnt think they have best musicaltaste. But being an ass about it is just retarded and just shows how immature one are.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Bobo420

Quote:
If you don't think your musical taste is the superior to a strangers', you're clearly not listening to the right stuff. But that post was not elitist. It was simply stating I have a differing opinion in a neutral manner.

You contradicted yourself in two sentences, good job.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Qui Gon Dave

New Sonata Arctica album has had a teaser video released with samples of what sounds like all the tracks. Some good sounding tracks in there although the small sample size doesn't do some of the songs any favours. Still looking forward to it though, especially what they have done with the new Wildfire tracks, the original is one of my favourite Sonata songs.

After hearing LT's Rhapsody teaser yesterday and Sonata's today, I think Wintersun, Threshold, Evil Masquerade, Warmen, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani and King of Asgard need to get in on the action. Crescent Shield too, if they are still around, their website has been quiet for a long time now. Nothing says 'sorry for the complete lack of any updates of any kind, whatsoever' better than new music

Old
03-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Gustav Nyquist
Failure by design

Quote:

You were insulting his tastes and being a jackass about it.

Old
03-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Ghaal
Hail satan.

can't wait to see gojira live at heavy mtl!

Old
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
New Sonata Arctica album has had a teaser video released with samples of what sounds like all the tracks. Some good sounding tracks in there although the small sample size doesn't do some of the songs any favours. Still looking forward to it though, especially what they have done with the new Wildfire tracks, the original is one of my favourite Sonata songs.

After hearing LT's Rhapsody teaser yesterday and Sonata's today, I think Wintersun, Threshold, Evil Masquerade, Warmen, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani and King of Asgard need to get in on the action. Crescent Shield too, if they are still around, their website has been quiet for a long time now. Nothing says 'sorry for the complete lack of any updates of any kind, whatsoever' better than new music
I seriously can't wait until Threshold's new album. Hoping it sounds like Extinct Instinct or Psychedelicatessen.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Augscura

Quote:

Is this post for real?

It would be less funny if you actually contributed anything ever to this thread aside from spamming like the same 3 albums over and over. That's some superior taste you have

You should be more humble about your close minded music taste and stop talking **** about other's taste that actually contribute to this thread.

Speaking of contributing

Old
03-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Gustav Nyquist
Failure by design

Some amazing new doom bands.

Old
04-01-2012, 03:20 AM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 138
Didn't read the whole thread, but I recent got into recently got into a band called Cadaveria, sorry if people heard them already, but I wanted to contribute my new find to the metal thread

Old
04-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Everlasting

The new Dragonforcesong Cry Thunder is awesome. Its a little wierd heraring them not playing fast but the song kicks ass And the new singer is perfect.

http://rcrdlbl.com/2012/03/30/premie...ce_cry_thunder

Old
04-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Ozz

Old
04-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephtones View Post
I seriously can't wait until Threshold's new album. Hoping it sounds like Extinct Instinct or Psychedelicatessen.
I prefer the newer albums, both for the music and the vocals. I got into them around Critical Mass so it's gonna be odd hearing a new Threshold album without Mac on vocals (RIP). Really loved his singing, one of my favourites in metal. Should be a great album though. Hopefully we get to hear a sample or two soon.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Epoch

EDIT: Nevermind, April fools, lol.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
EDIT: Nevermind, April fools, lol.
Is this what you'd seen? Link

Old
04-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Is this what you'd seen? Link
No, this, haha.

http://www.metal-archives.com/

EDIT: It had the FBI seizure screen on

Old
04-02-2012, 12:10 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Just jammin' some old Crowbar tunes.

Truly one of the heaviest bands to ever come out of New Orleans...in more ways than one.

Closed Thread