HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

3.31.12 Hawks @ Preds 500 and counting

Old
03-31-2012, 10:08 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
That thing is immaculate. It's like a helmet for his chin. Makes him look untouchable.
truly remarkable.... he started growing around this time last year.. was clearly the best in the league

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
predfan24

Legwand blew it!!!! What a lazy play on that 5th goal. Someone needs to give him a great ass whoopin.

SK-Fish-Erat not clicking right now.

Showed character coming back though. I really want Chicago in the playoffs. They won't be so lucky to catch on on B2Bs. I can't see them having the depth or goaltending to keep up with us in a 7 game series.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:16 PM
NoNecksCurse

oh for sure... we would win in a series against chicago .. not so sure about detroit. maybe chicago can jump detroit..

Old
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
who's ready for weber's ****ing EPIC beard?!?!
My XBOX live gamertag is SheaWebersBeard. Yeah, you could say I'm ready.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:20 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
My XBOX live gamertag is SheaWebersBeard. Yeah, you could say I'm ready.
too awesome...

I put weber signing long term at 80% .. just my feeling

suter at 5% ... more than a feeling

Old
03-31-2012, 10:24 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Legwand blew it!!!! What a lazy play on that 5th goal. Someone needs to give him a great ass whoopin.

Showed character coming back though. I really want Chicago in the playoffs. They won't be so lucky to catch on on B2Bs. I can't see them having the depth or goaltending to keep up with us in a 7 game series.
Yeah the SK-Fish-Erat line haven't been clicking for several games but that generally happens....one line will get on a roll while others not so much...then when that line cools down another line will start to pick up. Not too many games have all our lines gone on a scoring roll all at the same time. Seems generally just one or two lines will while the rest don't. Just like the Fish/SK/Erat line was on a roll, Hornqvist was on a scoring roll too but he seems to have died done also. I like to see how well the AK-Fish-Erat line would do but AK is clicking w/ Rads right now so it's best he stay on that line.

Last edited by klt2001: 04-01-2012 at 12:44 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:42 PM
VFL615*

Man i would sure hate to be Legwand in that locker room after the game. I pray the team has learned its lesson on covering a d man sneaking in back door. Legwand and SK both blew two goals because they did not cover it.
Are defense lately really concerns me going into the playoffs that includes d from the forwards.

I hope Trotz works the hell out of them on d, puck control after getting a pass, how not to get scored on within 2 minutes of scoring a goal, and not being afraid to put the puck on net and go for a rebound. Every play does not have to be a one timer.

The guys had a lot of heart tonight even though the season ticketholders again sold a ton of tickets which were obviously blackhawks fans. It is sickening that other teams are having the showing they are in the Preds house.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:05 PM
token grinder

Quote:

I would have to watch it again, but usually when a dman pinches in, the wing has him

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:17 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I would have to watch it again, but usually when a dman pinches in, the wing has him
Of course but however the rotation ended up Seabrook was def Legwand's man. It happened right in front of me and I saw it coming a mile away. From my view it looked like Leggy had his check but was just extremely lazy and let Seabrook blow right by him for an easy goal which is just unacceptable after clawing back from 4 goals. I didn't like Leggys game at all tonight. He just never seemed to ramp it up even when the rest of the team did. That being said plays happen fast live and I need to watch the replay perhaps I am accusing an innocent man.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
assists arent no where near as impressive as goals.. like weber's 2.. weber showed heart.. suter not so much. still not that impressed with him, 3 "assists" aside
Without assists ... goals don't happen. I was at an AHL game tonight so I still need to watch and confirm what I heard from Callahan.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-02-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: not going there
101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:36 PM
klt2001

Suter named as one of the stars tonight.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=625231

Old
03-31-2012, 11:37 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Of course but however the rotation ended up Seabrook was def Legwand's man. It happened right in front of me and I saw it coming a mile away. From my view it looked like Leggy had his check but was just extremely lazy and let Seabrook blow right by him for an easy goal which is just unacceptable after clawing back from 4 goals. I didn't like Leggys game at all tonight. He just never seemed to ramp it up even when the rest of the team did. That being said plays happen fast live and I need to watch the replay perhaps I am accusing an innocent man.
You not accusing an innocent man.
Totally Leggy's mess up.

But I kinda like it. It should work in his favor now. He should be mad at himself and just crash it all the way from now. I guess Tuesday will show...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:37 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Without assists ... goals don't happen. I was at an AHL game tonight so I still need to watch and confirm what I heard from Callahan.
2 assists directly from weber bombs... the other assist from just handing it to erat... granted, they were assists but has nothing to do with when I consider his overall play..

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-02-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: removed part of quote, the response, and the personal shot
Old
03-31-2012, 11:52 PM
hockey diva

Nice to see us battle back and the Rads goal was a thing of beauty. Other than that, well I am hoping the Hawks fans leave hungover and broke.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I haven't read through this thread, but I was looking through youtube for the Radulov goal and did anyone notice that Legwand actually kicked the puck to him? Pretty sweet actually. FS Tennessee's camera didn't show it, at least in the youtube clip. Here's the Hawks feed that does show/mention it.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Oh man, it's even better watching it a second time.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:28 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I haven't read through this thread, but I was looking through youtube for the Radulov goal and did anyone notice that Legwand actually kicked the puck to him? Pretty sweet actually. FS Tennessee's camera didn't show it, at least in the youtube clip. Here's the Hawks feed that does show/mention it.

Aren't you guys glad he stayed on the Legwand line now They have chemistry together

Old
04-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Spudskie

Hi guys, Hawks fan here. Crazy game!! Just want to let you know that a few friends of mine made the trip to Nashville and really enjoyed the experience. Had a great time in the city and meeting Preds fans and talking hockey. I hope to someday make a trip to your city as well. Nashville sure seems like a fun city to be in.

It's great to see hockey growing in Nashville and I wish nothing but continued success.

Good luck in the playoffs...well...except against the Hawks!

Spudskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:17 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Sorry of mentioned, but I just saw that both Hali and Toots each had 5 mins or less of TOI. Do we know why?

Great to see the team battle back and Rads continues to impress. Can't wait for the playoffs.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Man i would sure hate to be Legwand in that locker room after the game.
Because he assisted on the two goals prior to that to even make that 5th goal the game winner? Right.

What about Frankie B. Who let Kane cherry pick behind him for (what was at the moment) a crushing goal. And the only Pred to finish -2 on the night in just 13 minutes of TOI?

Or Rinne who allowed FIVE goals, a few where he was just flopping around like a breaching whale?

This loss was a lot more than Legwand not stopping Seabrook, took a total team effort to play as bad as they did in the first half of this game.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:16 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Sorry of mentioned, but I just saw that both Hali and Toots each had 5 mins or less of TOI. Do we know why?

Great to see the team battle back and Rads continues to impress. Can't wait for the playoffs.
My thoughts exactly. Extended PK times would be a guess and Toots reverting to his "giveaway" mode, but still their abscences were very noticeable.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Observations from last night:
Chicago looks like a different team without Toews, in every way. Sharp and Kruger were awful on faceoff dot. (whole team under 50%)
They are still very entertaining to watch, with creative passing plays expecially Hossa and Kane.
Kruger logs over 20 minutes of icetime, 21 years old, yet had not really heard about him.
Leggy bad defensive play for 5th goal.
I understand Tootoo not getting much ice, as he was throwing errant passes around, but Halischuk has incredible stats for his ice time and played under 6 minutes....this makes no sense to me, but at least he was dressed.
Wilson needs to get out of Nashville. For a kid who was having an incredibly consistant and effective season until being moved off Legwand line in first week in January, to being a healthy scratch? (Trotz quoted as saying it was a "really tough decision")
Smith is a big minus, I understand but has sat too many games in a row.
Again, can't argue with success of Trotz, but this is not how to develop young players.
Sergei Kostitsyn last 10 games, 1 assist and -3. Seems to have a longer leash than other players.
Roman Josi back in line-up has helped tremendously.
Suter, in my opinion....enjoy him now, because he won't resign ( my opinion ).
Good luck the rest of the way,

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Had the displeasure of sitting in front of some Hawks fans last night (from Atlanta, I believe) saying I can't believe Nashville has a team and Atlanta doesn't (look at all the Hawks fans) ... apparently this genius hadn't heard of Saturn (shocking, I know)

To which my friend who is from Chicago by the end of the night (has been a Preds fan but with some Chicago loyalties) had renounced everything Chicago

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:04 AM
pekkaslap

As long as we can resign Captain Canada, it doesn't bother me what Suter does. If we can sign him, cool that's just gravy. If not, I think Josi can step into his spot pretty effectively and we can use that cash to go get another piece or two.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Was this conversation not just torpedoed by a moderator? This needs to end. If you have sources, cool. Don't post things you hear from your sources if you're going to say "but I can't reveal who they are". I'm not calling anyone a liar here, but there is a reason we have rules against posting information without reliable sources. If you cannot disclose who gives you the information then we cannot prove it is reliable, and that means it isn't not welcome on the boards.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote