HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Florida Panthers Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Let me know when you ever post something of consequence on anything.
I agree with him.. MR is the only one who has the patience and the knowledge to rebut your constant negativity and obsession with euros

Old
03-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Eyelanders

vCash: 500
I watched some games from Yaroslav Kosov this season and I thought that he has good potential. Big, strong forward with a surprisingly good skill level. He could be a valuable draft pick, because he is physical, works hard and can score some goals too. Next season, I hope that he will get more ice-time in the KHL.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:01 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I agree with him.. MR is the only one who has the patience and the knowledge to rebut your constant negativity and obsession with euros
Perhaps i need to simply be more ignorant and obnoxious and start posting things such as :

"Kyle Rau is a beast, the next eberle"

"Man this kid is a stud, we're so lucky"

"Gonna dominate!!!".

Perhaps you confuse realistic expectations with negativity, and i apologize if we don't all live in LaLaLa land where all is good, the bread is sweet and the chicks are putting out.

MR actually has some cognitive ability and the required knowledge to actually participate in some interesting debates. I refusely apologize if these debates do not fit within the restrictions of the information you wish to see.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyfollower View Post
I watched some games from Yaroslav Kosov this season and I thought that he has good potential. Big, strong forward with a surprisingly good skill level. He could be a valuable draft pick, because he is physical, works hard and can score some goals too. Next season, I hope that he will get more ice-time in the KHL.
He should. As I mentioned in the NCAA/Europe review, he was easily the youngest player on that Metallurg team.

04-01-2012, 07:38 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Saw Saginaw vs. Sarnia last night, and boy did he impress me. Great speed, hard for-checking and great hands. Always dangerous and a great shot.

He had the second most assists in the OHL in the regular season. What a season, and what a steal. Can't believe he wasn't on USAs WJC team.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Saw Saginaw vs. Sarnia last night, and boy did he impress me. Great speed, hard for-checking and great hands. Always dangerous and a great shot.

He had the second most assists in the OHL in the regular season. What a season, and what a steal. Can't believe he wasn't on USAs WJC team.
Your talking about Trochek right?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:02 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Your talking about Trochek right?
Ups, yeah was talking about Vincent Trocheck.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

We could use a new thread since this one is already over ninethousand! #1000. Mods?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Perhaps i need to simply be more ignorant and obnoxious and start posting things such as :

"Gonna dominate!!!".

Perhaps you confuse realistic expectations with negativity, and i apologize if we don't all live in LaLaLa land where all is good, the bread is sweet and the chicks are putting out.

MR actually has some cognitive ability and the required knowledge to actually participate in some interesting debates. I refusely apologize if these debates do not fit within the restrictions of the information you wish to see.

You greatly favor Euros, MUCH more than Americans. Not sure ow much is reality so much as it's bias. I've learned to appreciate both of your views and try to find a medium. You've both been pretty spot on throughout.

04-01-2012, 10:14 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You greatly favor Euros, MUCH more than Americans. Not sure ow much is reality so much as it's bias. I've learned to appreciate both of your views and try to find a medium. You've both been pretty spot on throughout.
I have a greater knowledge of European prospects than North American prospect. People seem to mistake me discussing European prospects as a bias. I don't offer opinions on some North Americans, because i lack any developed coherent opinion on them. People seem to mistake bias/nationalism (Lol nationalism) with me simply discussing the prospects i actually know. There are many European prospects i am not high on too.

I will state though, for the 2012 draft, i absolutely believe the value is in European Forwards (Whether they are CHL based or European based), because i do believe (excluding American high school or USHL which i cannot really comment on) the North American forward crop is dreadful. It's just awful in relation to previous years (Or next year, where in particular the WHL has an excellent class of Forwards).

Old
04-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

"Gonna dominate!!!".

I read MR's input on North Americans, your input on Euro's.. Not gonna say I don't appreciate your views on players, because I do.. And I respect any Panther fan. However, it seems that most always you bias the Euro and find a way to be negative in most cases. I usually don't read the debates because it's usually MR explaining why he is right. I don't talk about these players as if I know them, because I don't watch them.. Only get to see highlights occasionaly and their stats. Settle down.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:23 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Oh yeah, forgot that I wasn't around here yesterday- Donskoi had 1+1 as Pelicans dragged the series to Game 7 which is played tomorrow.

Donskoi missed Game 1 because of injury, but the full stats for the series so far:

[ Kärpät playing in the black/yellow(ish) jerseys, Donskoi #72 ]

Game 2: 0+1 (Assist: 1st goal)
Game 3: 1+1 (Assist: 1st goal, Goal: 2nd goal)
Game 4: 0+0
Game 5: 0+0
Game 6: 1+1 (Assist: 1st goal, Goal: 2nd goal)

= 5 games, 2+3=5, +2, 17 shots, 0 PIM and 19.24 average ice time.

OT:

Game 1: 3:21 into YT, Preds prospect Salomäki got ejected and suspended for that bump into the referee for 1 game.
Game 5: Salomäki got ejected and suspended (3 games) again, this time for a blindside hit, but it isn't show on the YT. It's here.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:30 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I read MR's input on North Americans, your input on Euro's.. Not gonna say I don't appreciate your views on players, because I do.. And I respect any Panther fan. However, it seems that most always you bias the Euro and find a way to be negative in most cases. I usually don't read the debates because it's usually MR explaining why he is right. I don't talk about these players as if I know them, because I don't watch them.. Only get to see highlights occasionaly and their stats. Settle down.
I find when people assert than you have a bias, it's usually created to mask an agenda. Several Russian posters on this board think im biased towards Swedish players (They also seem to think i am Swedish) because i criticised some aspects of Russian development in comparison to Swedish development.

In this case, it's when "optimistic" Florida fans don't like it when someone is somewhat conservative regarding a Florida prospect. You percieve that as negativity (Which is somewhat odd considering im relatively high on several of our prospects).

Really, an example of what im discussing just happened. AwesomePanthers starts discussing Trocheck and then says "What a season, and what a steal". To me, this is a very unintelligent and rather stupid remark. Firstly, the word steal in regards to prospects is an utterly ridiculous one. How can he possibly be a steal? Do people actually understand what this word means, and the criteria required to assign this word to a player? Secondly, it seems like people just don't learn from history at all. We've had many many many prospects in the last ten years (2003 draft the perfect example). Very few have seem themselves transfer into a viable quality NHL product. You'd think after going through these repetitive experiences, people would learn to be somewhat more cautious and realistic with their expectations.

I guess what you percieve to be negative in this context is in my opinion simply being realistic and understanding all the possible variables within a structure and system.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:47 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

I took the liberty of making a new thread since this one is already over a 1000 posts.

Continue here:

Part II

Closed Thread