HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 KINGS @ WILD, 3/31/12 - OT/SO Loss, Thoughts & Tidbits ... Oh well a Point !

Old
04-01-2012, 01:37 AM
likid

vCash: 500
It is funny to read all this. Most of you are acting like the Kings just missed PO.

The fact is that before this hard away tour Kings were 8th or 9th, and after this four games in 6 days they are at the top of Pacific and in total control for taking the Pacific. I would say they have done their job. It could be a little bit better, but still...

If they wont secure enough points in last three games for PO, then they simply not deserve PO.

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by likid View Post
It is funny to read all this. Most of you are acting like the Kings just missed PO.
You gleaned that? I think people are being quite rational overall.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:04 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Guess you didn't realize that Kopitar had 3 helpers huh? He was a big reason we got a point.
No ****. Im talking about all the cute plays he tries when the game is on the line

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Oh yeah, couldn't have been a great save by the goalie, right? And Richards couldn't have had a huge game for us last night with a beautiful shorthander, and he couldn't have gotten huge shootout goals for us the last three times, right? You hung the loss on Richards in your post and it's ridiculous.
This

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:26 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

people are disappointed because the team should have walked away with 2 pts instead of 1 tonight. That 1 extra point means a whole lot more than the calm ones are admitting.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:05 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

To follow up on my previous post:

Glad Kopi took the shot a couple of times, good balance. The passes he made were in my opinion very good and should have resulted in better outcome..but no finisher in the other end of the pass. (Carter would bury all of those, well 2 out of 3)

I am not a negative Nancy.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:01 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
U seriously can't blame jb for losing the shootout. I'm sure its really hard in that situation. I blame showboating for the loss.
I don't blame Bernier for losing the shootout, I blame him for being extremely passive in his approach to SO's which severely limits his success in them.

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:39 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Not sure if you are aware or not but Quicker's stats in shootouts aren't exactly great. 6W and 7L. Not exactly lighting the league on fire and his save percentage in the Shootouts is .667. Not great.
Quick for his Career in the shoot out is 28-14 above .740 Sv%(league average is .660).

I can count on one hand who has better numbers than that.

I'll give you a hint, I am only holding up two fingers.

One Guy plays in Nashville, the other in NY. I'll take Quick in the shootout everyday, and twice on Sunday.

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-01-2012 at 07:44 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:36 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
people are disappointed because the team should have walked away with 2 pts instead of 1 tonight. That 1 extra point means a whole lot more than the calm ones are admitting.
Meh, if the Kings take care of business in the next two games that point tonight isn't going to mean squat. As Sutter said they got 3 out of 4 points in a day. That performance was fine. They gutted it out in the 3rd period when they were down a man for 4 minutes.

Overall a good team effort.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Asheru

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Quick for his Career in the shoot out is 28-14 above .740 Sv%(league average is .660).

One Guy plays in Nashville, the other in NY. I'll take Quick in the shootout everyday, and twice on Sunday.
Last year he also had Stoll making 90% of his shots in the shootout. That was an outlier, just like Quick's shootout win record. I'm not trying to take anything from Quick, his performances are great. But any time you have a mere handful of games I get leery about jumping to conclusions. Getting league average SV% from him in the shootout this year shouldn't be a surprise. Nor should we be tearing down Bernier, IMO.

Even Mr. Hardnose Sutter is saying things like "I donít know what there would be for me to complain about, to be quite honest." They played hard in a tough spot, and they know what's ahead of them.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
What are these 60-70 points you speak of?

If Mike Richards had 70 points we have an X next to our name on the standings and aren't scoreboard watching.

Maybe next season...I'm not writing him off at all. Certainly it's disappointing how his numbers have trended the last couple of seasons but he is still a good player. Maybe just not what we all expected.
^^^^ that. 100% that.

Could there really be any doubt?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
^^^^ that. 100% that.

Could there really be any doubt?
If Drew has 60 points the Kings have a X next too.....

Yah I can do this with a few more Kings players...

It's not all Mike's fault, the Whole team sucked parts of this year.

Except Quick.

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-01-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
No it doesn't. Kings still control their own destiny.

The only thing one extra point does for the Kings is give them delusional overconfidence to skate around passing a puck to a press box player trying to get him a hat trick in the third period of a crucial game.

So perhaps its better we didn't get it, in the long run.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
damacles1156

Stretch stats to be fair.

Last Ten games:

Richards 3G(Two SH) 3A +2
Drew 2G 6A +4
Kopitar 5G 9A +9.....WOW Kopi is beast mode right now.
Brown 2G 7A +8
Williams 3G 5A +5
Carter (his last Ten Games) 4G 3A -1

Kopitar for March 7G 11A +8, That is what the Kings need from him. Bravo Kopi......

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No ****. Im talking about all the cute plays he tries when the game is on the line
Y Joo No like KopItar ?

Brown has 11A this month....Since when did he become a Dish Master ?

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-01-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old
04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post

You need help.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:

Except Quick.
yah, good point, except the comment was re Richards, and I think it's true.

He was brought here to do one thing: score goals. Starting at the beginning of the season. When DL traded for MR (which I still think was a great treade), I expected 30 from him and 35 from Kopitar. Who didn't?

Oh well, even with being the 28th (?) scoring team in the NHL, they have a good chance at the POs, so all's good. Just get 4 of the remaining 6 pts, and they "should" make the POs. Then anything is possible. I like how this team is playing now, they seem to be peaking at the right time.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Bottom line is, if we clinch, it's wise to rest Quick. Wouldn't you agree?
Kings won't clinch the division with 2 wins. Quick will play all three games, none of them are a back-to-back. He will get plenty of days off before the playoffs start, they start the 11th and the Kings last game is on the 7th.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:54 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
yah, good point, except the comment was re Richards, and I think it's true.

He was brought here to do one thing: score goals. Starting at the beginning of the season. When DL traded for MR (which I still think was a great treade), I expected 30 from him and 35 from Kopitar. Who didn't?

Oh well, even with being the 28th (?) scoring team in the NHL, they have a good chance at the POs, so all's good. Just get 4 of the remaining 6 pts, and they "should" make the POs. Then anything is possible. I like how this team is playing now, they seem to be peaking at the right time.
I didn't, I figured around 20 to 25. Again you guys put way too much stock into Mike scoring goals. He has only hit 30 twice in his career. Hell Williams has done that. Mike is not Carter....

He was brought here so the Kings would have a legit 2nd Line Center(with some Winning Pedigree)(So Kopitar can have room). He draws Top line combo's every game.

I expected 60-70 points at least, he won't make that. Maybe next year.

But Mike does all the other stuff, Hit ,Fight PK, ETC. I did expect Kopitar to hit close to 90 points (with the extra room). Not happening, Drew is on pace for another 40 point season.....(He can't keep doing that).

The Kings have Mitchell and Greene almost outscoring Penner and Stoll.... Dwight King And Nolan in 25 games, have almost outscored four of the bottom six....

Gagne has missed half the season, and has almost outscored Four(combined) of the Bottom Six. Another note, Mike had around 30 PP points in his 75p and 80p seasons. He has 12 PP points with the Kings.

Philly has a much better PP....

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old
04-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Damac,

With the way Stoll and Penner finished last season there is no way they should have been counted on for any kind of offense this season.

I don't think anyone expected them to be this bad (the 2 worst players on the team). But Stoll in particular is just a terrible hockey player, nothing should have or should be expected of him, he shouldn't be in the lineup, but that is for another thread I guess.

I think 60-70 points was a reasonable expectation of Mike Richards this season. Coupled with everything else he brings. That is why he is paid so much.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Stoll did just fine last season. I expected his stats to drop a little bit.

5G 14A this season? Yikes! The hell happened?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Except Quick.
Amen.

It's too easy to pin responsibility on ONE player. But fans love to do it, they just love to.

Doughty needs to be better, Richards need to be better, hell...if you wanna play this 'We could already have an X next to our name' game...then Kopitar should have been better for a stretch of the year...likewise with Williams, and Brown..I am sure if those guys didn't have scoring droughts around December and January we would have a few extra wins... and what about Penner and Stoll? or Lewis? How about Loktionov when he was up here? Or Trent Hunter and Ethan Moreau? I think Clifford had an awful start to the season. Maybe if all of those guys each had scored 2 extra goals or even 1 at the right time maybe we are in already?

See how easy that is?

You can't just say...oh Richards has 70 points and we are already division winners. It's not that Simple. It has always been, and always WILL be called a team game for this reason. You can't hang an entire season around one player unless your name is the Washington Capitals, and that players name is Alex Ovechkin. And look how that always works for them? That team goes the way he does.

Richards receives a TON of hate around here
A) because he has a history of being a producer and he is struggling in his FIRST season here
and
B) He was traded for two players which a lot of you had butt love man crushes for apparently.

I really hope this **** stops after this season because it becomes unbearable to come in PGTs on a loss and have everyone hang the loss on one player, or one certain play. Like the overtime save by Backstrom. Can't that just be a remarkable save by Backstrom and we move on? Oh no, because it was Richards we lost the game because of him.

If that is Kopi he makes that save on everyone likely says "What a save, man Kopis had a great game." and we move on. But because it was Mike Richards and he has been under the microscope from game one by a majority of this boards we have to hear this ridiculous ****.

It's a team game. You lose as a team. You win as a team. Every player at one point or another during this season SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER. I bet even they will tell you that. THAT is why we don't have an X next to our name already. Not JUST because of Doughty, not because of Richards.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Damac,

With the way Stoll and Penner finished last season there is no way they should have been counted on for any kind of offense this season.

I don't think anyone expected them to be this bad (the 2 worst players on the team). But Stoll in particular is just a terrible hockey player, nothing should have or should be expected of him, he shouldn't be in the lineup, but that is for another thread I guess.

I think 60-70 points was a reasonable expectation of Mike Richards this season. Coupled with everything else he brings. That is why he is paid so much.
These are two complete ******** arguments.

You pretty much JUSTIFY the performances of Stoll and Penner...being WELL below average and just say "meh it is what it is, everyone should have expected garbage."

and then you say Richards should play above his career average in points his first season here. (His career average is 58 points.)

I don't get it.

Stoll playing with only a quarter of his annual production, and Penner the same...is justifiable to you. But Richards playing at 2/3rds his normal output is completely unacceptable.

I've learned to respect your arguments A LOT recently Herby, you aren't always a hater. But get your head on straight, some of your arguments here are horribly biased, and not biased in a good way.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Amen.

It's too easy to pin responsibility on ONE player. But fans love to do it, they just love to.

Doughty needs to be better, Richards need to be better, hell...if you wanna play this 'We could already have an X next to our name' game...then Kopitar should have been better for a stretch of the year...likewise with Williams, and Brown..I am sure if those guys didn't have scoring droughts around December and January we would have a few extra wins... and what about Penner and Stoll? or Lewis? How about Loktionov when he was up here? Or Trent Hunter and Ethan Moreau? I think Clifford had an awful start to the season. Maybe if all of those guys each had scored 2 extra goals or even 1 at the right time maybe we are in already?

See how easy that is?

You can't just say...oh Richards has 70 points and we are already division winners. It's not that Simple. It has always been, and always WILL be called a team game for this reason. You can't hang an entire season around one player unless your name is the Washington Capitals, and that players name is Alex Ovechkin. And look how that always works for them? That team goes the way he does.

Richards receives a TON of hate around here
A) because he has a history of being a producer and he is struggling in his FIRST season here
and
B) He was traded for two players which a lot of you had butt love man crushes for apparently.

I really hope this **** stops after this season because it becomes unbearable to come in PGTs on a loss and have everyone hang the loss on one player, or one certain play. Like the overtime save by Backstrom. Can't that just be a remarkable save by Backstrom and we move on? Oh no, because it was Richards we lost the game because of him.

If that is Kopi he makes that save on everyone likely says "What a save, man Kopis had a great game." and we move on. But because it was Mike Richards and he has been under the microscope from game one by a majority of this boards we have to hear this ridiculous ****.

It's a team game. You lose as a team. You win as a team. Every player at one point or another during this season SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER. I bet even they will tell you that. THAT is why we don't have an X next to our name already. Not JUST because of Doughty, not because of Richards.
I agree with everything you said, except one thing; Richards has gotten the free pass by most people around here. There's only been a handful of posters who have been critical of his play most of the season.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:02 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

I'll take Bernie in OT in the playoffs, every day and twice on sunday. Shoot-out is a gimmick that the sport needs to toss.

DryIslandBartender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:07 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I agree with everything you said, except one thing; Richards has gotten the free pass by most people around here. There's only been a handful of posters who have been critical of his play most of the season.
New team, New line mates, heck none consistent, Got hurt half way in.

He doesn't warrant any slack ? Look how long it took Sutter just to get the Kings to attack middle ice.... Mike had bad games just like Every King player did this year(not saying he didn't).

So what's Drew's excuse(spring training?).....That's all I am saying... If Mike puts up only 40 next year, sure flame away.

Mike has picked it up a little with Carter and King so that's is good. Also everyone is forgetting how bad the PP really is, all the top guys would be 5 to 8 points higher right now if the PP was above average.

The good thing is all these guys are starting to pick up their game at the right time. Lets hope it carries them into and through the playoff's.

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.