HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theo healing faster

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2006, 09:10 PM
LeHab

vCash: 500
Theo healing faster

Quote:
Mercredi 22 février 2006 - (RDS.ca et PC) – Le collègue Renaud Lavoie a appris que la blessure au talon de José Théodore le gardera à l'écart moins longtemps que prévu.

Théo devait s'absenter pour une période de six à huit semaines, mais un nouveau diagnostic plus optimiste le contraint plutôt à une période de convalescence de quatre à cinq semaines. La numéro 60 sera donc de retour avec le Canadien avant la fin de la saison régulière.
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/198795.html

Translation: Instead of missing 6 to 8 weeks as first reported, it seems he will only miss 4 to 5.

Good news, we need everyone healthy as soon as possible.

Old
02-22-2006, 09:12 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1
Good news, we need everyone healthy as soon as possible.
Yeah, no one opens the bench door quite like Theo.

Old
02-22-2006, 09:23 PM
x-bob

Good news!

Old
02-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I'd rather him out 8 so he can miss those 20 games and we'd take less of a cap hit

Old
02-22-2006, 09:35 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
I'd rather him out 8 so he can miss those 20 games and we'd take less of a cap hit
why? it will be too late to trade anyway.. I don't really care about the cap hit... we can't get a 5 M$ salary at the deadline because of Theo's salary... so the cap hit..? I really don't care...

Old
02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Habsaku

Bad news, it hurts our playoffs chances.

Old
02-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Form and Substance

He'll bounce back. It shouldn't be too long before Huet hits a slump, or rather before the Habs revert to their old ways and leave him to dry. So having both goalies healthy is a good thing
IMO.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Always good to hear.

Maybe he wasn't doing too great in nets for the Canadiens, but he's still a human being...

Old
02-22-2006, 10:12 PM
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Yeah, no one opens the bench door quite like Theo.
and Danis will see more action in Hamilton this year than he could see being #2 in Montreal...

BTW Great avatar BigTimer The Great One is THE man

Old
02-22-2006, 10:35 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
and Danis will see more action in Hamilton this year than he could see being #2 in Montreal...

BTW Great avatar BigTimer The Great One is THE man
Chuck Norris ain't got nuthin on mah boy Stevie.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I was going to say something along the same lines...

Old
02-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Teufelsdreck

I'd like him to recover as soon as possible.

Old
02-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Live Forever

I wonder if the speedy recovery has anything to do with an increased dosage of Propecia and anabolic steroids? jk jk...

Old
02-23-2006, 10:10 AM
AH

So he should be back March 23rd at the latest since that will be 5 weeks exactly from the day the injury occurred.

Wow, what a convenient injury for everyone involved. All distractions from having this guy being around the team through the trade deadline are now gone, in addition to all questions surrounding his play.

Old
02-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
what a pleasent bunch of "fans" we are

Old
02-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
what a pleasent bunch of "fans" we are
Hey I want my team to succeed, thats what I call a fan. Theodore can warm the bench in the pressbox.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Hey I want my team to succeed, thats what I call a fan. Theodore can warm the bench in the pressbox.
I want my team to succeed too. But when I first hear of a hab getting injured , the first thing that comes into my mind is that I do feel bad for them before I start thinking of the implications that it may present to the team.

I was hoping for a Theo that would come back after the break and be inspired by Huet. Subsequently, the two goalies would start pushing each other for more playing time. Anyways, thats not going to happen for a while.

Trust me, I'm angry with Theo's performance as much as the next guy but if he regains his form, I also understand that this team would be much stronger for it.

Am I a "fan" in your books too?

Old
02-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I want my team to succeed too. But when I first hear of a hab getting injured , the first thing that comes into my mind is that I do feel bad for them before I start thinking of the implications that it may present to the team.

I was hoping for a Theo that would come back after the break and be inspired by Huet. Subsequently, the two goalies would start pushing each other for more playing time. Anyways, thats not going to happen for a while.

Trust me, I'm angry with Theo's performance as much as the next guy but if he regains his form, I also understand that this team would be much stronger for it.

Am I a "fan" in your books too?
Hey, you'll never see me question if anyone's a fan. You're the one who talked about it so I dont get that last phrase.
You know, I dont care either about wether you feel bad for them or not, I didnt write what I first "felt", I wrote what I thought and that was the implications that may present to the team. They are good.
I was definetly not hoping Theodore would come back. He wouldnt have been able to push Huet, he wouldve lost his spot yet again for the nth time since his Vezina season. He has not outplayed his backup in 4 years so what I do understand is that if he comes back, it wont be stronger. It'll be either at a 2003-2004 level, which means the highest 5+ goals games in the league, or the sieve we're seeing at the moment. A Habs team with Theodore is not a stronger team.

Old
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Hey, you'll never see me question if anyone's a fan. You're the one who talked about it so I dont get that last phrase.
You know, I dont care either about wether you feel bad for them or not, I didnt write what I first "felt", I wrote what I thought and that was the implications that may present to the team. They are good.
I was definetly not hoping Theodore would come back. He wouldnt have been able to push Huet, he wouldve lost his spot yet again for the nth time since his Vezina season. He has not outplayed his backup in 4 years so what I do understand is that if he comes back, it wont be stronger. It'll be either at a 2003-2004 level, which means the highest 5+ goals games in the league, or the sieve we're seeing at the moment. A Habs team with Theodore is not a stronger team.
Your last post was something along the lines of a fan being someone who wants his team to succeed. We all want the team to succeed and we all have different ideas of getting there.

I'm really tired of going through these cyclical discussions because all we are gonna do is go through Theodore's good qualities and his bad deficiencies. God knows there's nothing new to add to that argument

I'll respect your opinion. We agree to disagree. I think thats the best way to put it.

Closed Thread