HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Put Foligno back in the top 6

Old
03-25-2012, 08:07 AM
HavlatMach9

vCash: 500
Didn't agree with OP but last night Foligno looked like Spezza.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:34 AM
H2O

Nick needs to somehow contain his performance last night and not start thinking he's Spezza, which it how it looked earlier in the season. When he tries to do too much, he kills any momentum on his line and often turns the puck over. Last night he did a great job not hanging on the puck too long and finding the open teaammate.

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
When Foligno plays with better players he uses them... little give and goes, cycling but looking to pass into the slot(Gonchar goal for instance) but when he is playing with worse players, Neil and Obrien, he is almost always stuck on the cycle with nobody moving to free space for an opportunity... He is great at controlling the puck along the boards but it goes to waste if his 2 other linemates are also below the goal line waiting to do the same... With Alfie and Turris it seems like 2 of them are cycling while the other is trying to free up for a shot...

He obviously isnt going to score 3 pts every game but I would definately keep them together... The line produced more pts in 2.5 periods than they did since Klink has been called up and put on that line...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:47 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
When Foligno plays with better players he uses them... little give and goes, cycling but looking to pass into the slot(Gonchar goal for instance) but when he is playing with worse players, Neil and Obrien, he is almost always stuck on the cycle with nobody moving to free space for an opportunity... He is great at controlling the puck along the boards but it goes to waste if his 2 other linemates are also below the goal line waiting to do the same... With Alfie and Turris it seems like 2 of them are cycling while the other is trying to free up for a shot...

He obviously isnt going to score 3 pts every game but I would definately keep them together... The line produced more pts in 2.5 periods than they did since Klink has been called up and put on that line...
Well, he's better there than Klinkhammer was, by virtue of that fact alone he should stay.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:13 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Very nice game by Foligno last night. I was very impressed with his play out there.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:18 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Foligno was definitely awesome last night. A mix in the top 6 is what the doctor ordered.

03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
When Foligno passes the puck, I swear to God he is a different player.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
brochenski
@brochenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
The fact is Foligno doesn't have top 6 speed. He wears his heart on his sleeve and that's not always a good thing. When he's slumping (which he has on and off all season, consistent my ass) he starts barking at refs, starts chirping, trying to do too much.
The fact is, while the SENS don't have that much depth, I think there are better options than Foligno to play in the top 6.
agreed

brochenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
HappyDude
Classless

Foligno reminds me of Kovalev

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Cowen Time

Nothing like a little sibling rivalry to get the juices flowing. Bet little brother having success is getting Nick going even more.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Ice-Tray

Foligno is nothing like Kovalev... Geeezzz. He plays hard all the time at the very least.

He's our best option right now for a top six spot. Seems like he's found some Chemistry with Turris and Alfie Which is awesome since he is much more skilled than any other player on the team not in the top six now.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:56 PM
HappyDude
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Foligno is nothing like Kovalev... Geeezzz. He plays hard all the time at the very least.

He's our best option right now for a top six spot. Seems like he's found some Chemistry with Turris and Alfie Which is awesome since he is much more skilled than any other player on the team not in the top six now.
I mean more the way he possesses the puck. The way he uses his body to make space and the way he dishes. Foligno did say he learned a lot from Kovalev while he was here. This year he has been a new player.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
I mean more the way he possesses the puck. The way he uses his body to make space and the way he dishes. Foligno did say he learned a lot from Kovalev while he was here. This year he has been a new player.
Haha, I though you meant the enigmatic lazy floater Kovalev....

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:18 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Foligno had a good game today. I hope he keeps this up. Seems like he doesn't do it all by himself when he has line mates who are capable of doing it for him.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:29 PM
mcnorth

I really like having Foligno's board play with Turris and Alfie.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
SensArePrettyPesky
King Kendrick

vCash: 147
Keep Foligno in the top 6

yeah.

SensArePrettyPesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Another 2 pts so far this game... Thats 5 pts in 4 games since getting moved up...

Turris and Alfredsson's production has also gone up since he has been placed on their line(This game Turris has been with Michalek for most of his points) but there have been some pretty solid results since he got moved up....

Keep it up heading into playoffs!!!

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote