HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

End of Flyers - Pens game

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2012, 05:07 PM
artiesrevenge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Yea, he totally hid. Asham went after a guy who was being restrained by the ref. Yet Rinaldo's the coward?
restrained...lol...the ref had his back to rinanldo...he wanted no piece of asham..if you think otherwise then you dont understand too much and talk a lot of jibberish on here..take care pal.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
One of the few games this year where having Shelley and Sestito around would have been a good thing. They wouldn't have allowed Schenn to get cheap shotted over and over. Asham would have been missing some teeth.
I'll bet his dad can beat your dad...

Old
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Doesn't change the fact that Asham went after a defenseless player (Schenn)

Old
04-01-2012, 05:10 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
One of the few games this year where having Shelley and Sestito around would have been a good thing. They wouldn't have allowed Schenn to get cheap shotted over and over. Asham would have been missing some teeth.
Other than Engelland, the Pens have no answer for those two, and he can't take them both. Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by artiesrevenge View Post
ok...you right..crosby is crsyby..my bad
What???? Your posts are absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, what is this in response to?

Old
04-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
This is a fair post. I've never understood the phenomenon of this

I know I'll get reprimanded for generalizing the entire fan base, same as the thread after the last Pens-Flyers game. But...

The majority of, but not all, Flyers fans seem to love the tag of the tough, gritty, and sometimes dirty team.

Why when another team is tough, gritty and sometimes dirty in response, or God forbid, first, the same group becomes whiny (not specifically you, since you are saying you are OK if it's either team dishing it out)?
Mob mentality, anytime something goes down it's always a this side vs that side battle of arguments. HF examples, every time a post is made by a questionable play(s) you hardly get rational discussion from the teams fan bases involved.

I dislike the penguins, but only cause there a rival team. Rivalries get heated, and it is not as if they sit around and think about how they can piss off the opposing fan base this afternoon. Personally, I love this rivalry and it's good guy vs bad guy scenario. Both teams are gritty, and if we are gonna talk about teams being dirty neither the Flyers or Pens are angels, no team is, ***** happens.

Was the hit on Briere necessary? No probably not, but I wont call foul on something I would find amusing if the roles were reversed. I also think that hit was more of a result from the game in a whole and the previous actions of both sides.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Other than Engelland, the Pens have no answer for those two, and he can't take them both. Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.
Oh yeah!! Asham can pound them both at the same time with one hand tied behind his pack, he has metal talons than he can wield and slash Shelley's face and then using his ninja skills, he can pummel the other guy with blinding speed and extract each of his teeth and imbed them in his forehead before anyone knows what happened. So there!

Old
04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
You can be tough guy all you want when you are sitting in the press-box..

watermelon like this you say?

Old
04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
Mob mentality, anytime something goes down it's always a this side vs that side battle of arguments. HF examples, every time a post is made by a questionable play(s) you hardly get rational discussion from the teams fan bases involved.

I dislike the penguins, but only cause there a rival team. Rivalries get heated, and it is not as if they sit around and think about how they can piss off the opposing fan base this afternoon. Personally, I love this rivalry and it's good guy vs bad guy scenario. Both teams are gritty, and if we are gonna talk about teams being dirty neither the Flyers or Pens are angels, no team is, ***** happens.

Was the hit on Briere necessary? No probably not, but I wont call foul on something I would find amusing if the roles were reversed. I also think that hit was more of a result from the game in a whole and the previous actions of both sides.
You're going to disappoint a great many posters with this little nugget...

Old
04-01-2012, 05:33 PM
haveandare

The Flyers were on the wrong side of every bit of that IMO. First, the hit was absolutely clean and no, you shouldn't stop competing because you're probably going to lose the game. Second, I am so sick of coaches getting worked up about line match ups. Boohoo, your opponent put out their fourth line against your first - have your first line smoke them and teach them a lesson. Nobody has to fight anybody in any circumstance ever. It's really not that big a deal if your opponent puts tough guys against your skill players. This whole situation got violent because the Flyers couldn't handle a big clean hit at the end of the game and yet Lavi is mad because of what Pens line was out. I don't see the logic.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Oh yeah!! Asham can pound them both at the same time with one hand tied behind his pack, he has metal talons than he can wield and slash Shelley's face and then using his ninja skills, he can pummel the other guy with blinding speed and extract each of his teeth and imbed them in his forehead before anyone knows what happened. So there!
Cute. Congratulations, you've convinced me to leave this thread. I have no interest in arguing with a 14 year old. That post wasn't even directed at you or anyone else for that matter. Either way, so long. You'll probably respond to this with an even more ridiculous post, given your seeming necessity to always have the last word.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.
Too late.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Broad st phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
The Flyers were on the wrong side of every bit of that IMO. First, the hit was absolutely clean and no, you shouldn't stop competing because you're probably going to lose the game. Second, I am so sick of coaches getting worked up about line match ups. Boohoo, your opponent put out their fourth line against your first - have your first line smoke them and teach them a lesson. Nobody has to fight anybody in any circumstance ever. It's really not that big a deal if your opponent puts tough guys against your skill players. This whole situation got violent because the Flyers couldn't handle a big clean hit at the end of the game and yet Lavi is mad because of what Pens line was out. I don't see the logic.
If Hartnell, Rinaldo, or whoever laid a big hit and was still clean on Malkin, The Pens would respond the same.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Teezax

Who cares if the hit was clean, which I agree it was, the argument was him giving a hit like that at that point in a decided game. Clearly the Flyers are going to react as i'm sure the Pens would have had the roles been reversed. See you Saturday ladies.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Intense game, loved it. "Hulk Hogan's brother" and Hartnell were cracking me up.

04-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Epoch

edit

Old
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
LOL @ Laviolette.

His team starts crap after a pefectly clean check and he freaks out that the Pens are dirt bags...

I hope they meet in the POs. It will be awesome.
I'm glad you'll be watching then, after all, you will have a lot of time on your hands

Old
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
So you wouldn't be the least bit p.o'd, if say, the Rags were playing the Penguins, and you were up with a minute or so left, and then all of a sudden, they put out their 4th line who hadn't played in over 12 minutes? To what, protect their deficit? And lol at the people calling for 'playing to the whistle.' Playing to the whistle in this case would mean sending out Malkin, Crosby, Letang etc, to try and get back a goal or two in the game. Bushleague move, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the Penguins. They cry when their own players are targetted, yet they somehow are allowed free reign to do it themselves.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it too much... you see Pens fans would be screaming for justice if Asham was still in the orange and black, yet now they defend his goon tactics... Talk about a guy that deserves to be caged, thats Asham.

Old
04-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Xavier Laflamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
You can be tough guy all you want when you are sitting in the press-box..

watermelon like this you say?

DE is the man

Old
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Gustavo Fring
-35 ;)

It will be very interesting to see who dresses if the game next weekend means NOTHING.

Old
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
So you wouldn't be the least bit p.o'd, if say, the Rags were playing the Penguins, and you were up with a minute or so left, and then all of a sudden, they put out their 4th line who hadn't played in over 12 minutes? To what, protect their deficit? And lol at the people calling for 'playing to the whistle.' Playing to the whistle in this case would mean sending out Malkin, Crosby, Letang etc, to try and get back a goal or two in the game. Bushleague move, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the Penguins. They cry when their own players are targetted, yet they somehow are allowed free reign to do it themselves.
The Flyers already took a cheap shot at Crosby, who has missed most is the past two seasons concussed, with the game basically decided with four minutes left. Should he have put him out to be cheap shotted again? Fourth line made sense, and they got their shots in to boot. Why did the Flyers put their first line out is the question.

That said, broad street bullies or a bunch of whiney girls? I am confused as the Flyers played both cards in the last four minutes. I know what my opinion on the issue is. Acting like a tool is bad enough, crying like a bunch of three year old girls after called on it is just pathetic.

Old
04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
The Flyers already took a cheap shot at Crosby, who has missed most is the past two seasons concussed, with the game basically decided with four minutes left. Should he have put him out to be cheap shotted again? Fourth line made sense, and they got their shots in to boot. Why did the Flyers put their first line out is the question.

That said, broad street bullies or a bunch of whiney girls? I am confused as the Flyers played both cards in the last four minutes. I know what my opinion on the issue is. Acting like a tool is bad enough, crying like a bunch of three year old girls after called on it is just pathetic.
Bylsma should have put on Staal line and Laviolette shouldn't have put Schenn on. Both of them caused what happened in a way

Old
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Terrapin

Flyers are the typical bullies, and this time when they started their ****, they got their ***** handed to them. Why wasn't that **** Hartnell on the ice with a minute left? Too big of coward? Must be, since he runs his mouth and cheapshots all game long. Then Shenn cheapshots Crosby, and obviously can't understand why someone's gonna smack him for it. Like I said, Flyers are a bunch of tools. Maybe you'll win another cup in the next 30 years.

Old
04-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Grave77digger

Quote:
Doesnt change the fact Schenn crosschecked a defenseless player. Take the homer glasses off and call a spade a spade.

Closed Thread