HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

End of Flyers - Pens game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2012, 05:07 PM
  #651
artiesrevenge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Yea, he totally hid. Asham went after a guy who was being restrained by the ref. Yet Rinaldo's the coward?
restrained...lol...the ref had his back to rinanldo...he wanted no piece of asham..if you think otherwise then you dont understand too much and talk a lot of jibberish on here..take care pal.

artiesrevenge is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
  #652
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
One of the few games this year where having Shelley and Sestito around would have been a good thing. They wouldn't have allowed Schenn to get cheap shotted over and over. Asham would have been missing some teeth.
I'll bet his dad can beat your dad...

Mondello is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
  #653
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Doesn't change the fact that Asham went after a defenseless player (Schenn)

DeflatedFootball7 is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:10 PM
  #654
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
One of the few games this year where having Shelley and Sestito around would have been a good thing. They wouldn't have allowed Schenn to get cheap shotted over and over. Asham would have been missing some teeth.
Other than Engelland, the Pens have no answer for those two, and he can't take them both. Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.

RyK15* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM
  #655
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by artiesrevenge View Post
ok...you right..crosby is crsyby..my bad
What???? Your posts are absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, what is this in response to?

RyK15* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:25 PM
  #656
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
This is a fair post. I've never understood the phenomenon of this

I know I'll get reprimanded for generalizing the entire fan base, same as the thread after the last Pens-Flyers game. But...

The majority of, but not all, Flyers fans seem to love the tag of the tough, gritty, and sometimes dirty team.

Why when another team is tough, gritty and sometimes dirty in response, or God forbid, first, the same group becomes whiny (not specifically you, since you are saying you are OK if it's either team dishing it out)?
Mob mentality, anytime something goes down it's always a this side vs that side battle of arguments. HF examples, every time a post is made by a questionable play(s) you hardly get rational discussion from the teams fan bases involved.

I dislike the penguins, but only cause there a rival team. Rivalries get heated, and it is not as if they sit around and think about how they can piss off the opposing fan base this afternoon. Personally, I love this rivalry and it's good guy vs bad guy scenario. Both teams are gritty, and if we are gonna talk about teams being dirty neither the Flyers or Pens are angels, no team is, ***** happens.

Was the hit on Briere necessary? No probably not, but I wont call foul on something I would find amusing if the roles were reversed. I also think that hit was more of a result from the game in a whole and the previous actions of both sides.

Broad st phantom is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
  #657
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Other than Engelland, the Pens have no answer for those two, and he can't take them both. Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.
Oh yeah!! Asham can pound them both at the same time with one hand tied behind his pack, he has metal talons than he can wield and slash Shelley's face and then using his ninja skills, he can pummel the other guy with blinding speed and extract each of his teeth and imbed them in his forehead before anyone knows what happened. So there!

Mondello is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
  #658
PenguinTommy
Registered User
 
PenguinTommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zvolen
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Other than Engelland, the Pens have no answer for those two, and he can't take them both. Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.
You can be tough guy all you want when you are sitting in the press-box..

watermelon like this you say?




PenguinTommy is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:27 PM
  #659
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
Mob mentality, anytime something goes down it's always a this side vs that side battle of arguments. HF examples, every time a post is made by a questionable play(s) you hardly get rational discussion from the teams fan bases involved.

I dislike the penguins, but only cause there a rival team. Rivalries get heated, and it is not as if they sit around and think about how they can piss off the opposing fan base this afternoon. Personally, I love this rivalry and it's good guy vs bad guy scenario. Both teams are gritty, and if we are gonna talk about teams being dirty neither the Flyers or Pens are angels, no team is, ***** happens.

Was the hit on Briere necessary? No probably not, but I wont call foul on something I would find amusing if the roles were reversed. I also think that hit was more of a result from the game in a whole and the previous actions of both sides.
You're going to disappoint a great many posters with this little nugget...

Mondello is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:33 PM
  #660
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
The Flyers were on the wrong side of every bit of that IMO. First, the hit was absolutely clean and no, you shouldn't stop competing because you're probably going to lose the game. Second, I am so sick of coaches getting worked up about line match ups. Boohoo, your opponent put out their fourth line against your first - have your first line smoke them and teach them a lesson. Nobody has to fight anybody in any circumstance ever. It's really not that big a deal if your opponent puts tough guys against your skill players. This whole situation got violent because the Flyers couldn't handle a big clean hit at the end of the game and yet Lavi is mad because of what Pens line was out. I don't see the logic.

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
  #661
RyK15*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Oh yeah!! Asham can pound them both at the same time with one hand tied behind his pack, he has metal talons than he can wield and slash Shelley's face and then using his ninja skills, he can pummel the other guy with blinding speed and extract each of his teeth and imbed them in his forehead before anyone knows what happened. So there!
Cute. Congratulations, you've convinced me to leave this thread. I have no interest in arguing with a 14 year old. That post wasn't even directed at you or anyone else for that matter. Either way, so long. You'll probably respond to this with an even more ridiculous post, given your seeming necessity to always have the last word.

RyK15* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
  #662
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Asham's face would look like a smashed watermelon after a bout with Shelley.
Too late.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
  #663
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
The Flyers were on the wrong side of every bit of that IMO. First, the hit was absolutely clean and no, you shouldn't stop competing because you're probably going to lose the game. Second, I am so sick of coaches getting worked up about line match ups. Boohoo, your opponent put out their fourth line against your first - have your first line smoke them and teach them a lesson. Nobody has to fight anybody in any circumstance ever. It's really not that big a deal if your opponent puts tough guys against your skill players. This whole situation got violent because the Flyers couldn't handle a big clean hit at the end of the game and yet Lavi is mad because of what Pens line was out. I don't see the logic.
If Hartnell, Rinaldo, or whoever laid a big hit and was still clean on Malkin, The Pens would respond the same.

Broad st phantom is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:38 PM
  #664
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,362
vCash: 500
Who cares if the hit was clean, which I agree it was, the argument was him giving a hit like that at that point in a decided game. Clearly the Flyers are going to react as i'm sure the Pens would have had the roles been reversed. See you Saturday ladies.

Teezax is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:38 PM
  #665
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,714
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Intense game, loved it. "Hulk Hogan's brother" and Hartnell were cracking me up.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:39 PM
  #666
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,129
vCash: 500
edit

Epoch is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
  #667
PJStock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
LOL @ Laviolette.

His team starts crap after a pefectly clean check and he freaks out that the Pens are dirt bags...


I hope they meet in the POs. It will be awesome.
I'm glad you'll be watching then, after all, you will have a lot of time on your hands

PJStock* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM
  #668
PJStock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
The Flyers were on the wrong side of every bit of that IMO. First, the hit was absolutely clean and no, you shouldn't stop competing because you're probably going to lose the game. Second, I am so sick of coaches getting worked up about line match ups. Boohoo, your opponent put out their fourth line against your first - have your first line smoke them and teach them a lesson. Nobody has to fight anybody in any circumstance ever. It's really not that big a deal if your opponent puts tough guys against your skill players. This whole situation got violent because the Flyers couldn't handle a big clean hit at the end of the game and yet Lavi is mad because of what Pens line was out. I don't see the logic.
So you wouldn't be the least bit p.o'd, if say, the Rags were playing the Penguins, and you were up with a minute or so left, and then all of a sudden, they put out their 4th line who hadn't played in over 12 minutes? To what, protect their deficit? And lol at the people calling for 'playing to the whistle.' Playing to the whistle in this case would mean sending out Malkin, Crosby, Letang etc, to try and get back a goal or two in the game. Bushleague move, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the Penguins. They cry when their own players are targetted, yet they somehow are allowed free reign to do it themselves.

PJStock* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
  #669
PJStock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Doesn't change the fact that Asham went after a defenseless player (Schenn)
I wouldn't worry about it too much... you see Pens fans would be screaming for justice if Asham was still in the orange and black, yet now they defend his goon tactics... Talk about a guy that deserves to be caged, thats Asham.

PJStock* is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 06:23 PM
  #670
Xavier Laflamme
Registered User
 
Xavier Laflamme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
You can be tough guy all you want when you are sitting in the press-box..

watermelon like this you say?



DE is the man

Xavier Laflamme is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
  #671
Gustavo Fring
-35 ;)
 
Gustavo Fring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,362
vCash: 500
It will be very interesting to see who dresses if the game next weekend means NOTHING.

Gustavo Fring is online now  
Old
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
  #672
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
So you wouldn't be the least bit p.o'd, if say, the Rags were playing the Penguins, and you were up with a minute or so left, and then all of a sudden, they put out their 4th line who hadn't played in over 12 minutes? To what, protect their deficit? And lol at the people calling for 'playing to the whistle.' Playing to the whistle in this case would mean sending out Malkin, Crosby, Letang etc, to try and get back a goal or two in the game. Bushleague move, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the Penguins. They cry when their own players are targetted, yet they somehow are allowed free reign to do it themselves.
The Flyers already took a cheap shot at Crosby, who has missed most is the past two seasons concussed, with the game basically decided with four minutes left. Should he have put him out to be cheap shotted again? Fourth line made sense, and they got their shots in to boot. Why did the Flyers put their first line out is the question.

That said, broad street bullies or a bunch of whiney girls? I am confused as the Flyers played both cards in the last four minutes. I know what my opinion on the issue is. Acting like a tool is bad enough, crying like a bunch of three year old girls after called on it is just pathetic.

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
  #673
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
The Flyers already took a cheap shot at Crosby, who has missed most is the past two seasons concussed, with the game basically decided with four minutes left. Should he have put him out to be cheap shotted again? Fourth line made sense, and they got their shots in to boot. Why did the Flyers put their first line out is the question.

That said, broad street bullies or a bunch of whiney girls? I am confused as the Flyers played both cards in the last four minutes. I know what my opinion on the issue is. Acting like a tool is bad enough, crying like a bunch of three year old girls after called on it is just pathetic.
Bylsma should have put on Staal line and Laviolette shouldn't have put Schenn on. Both of them caused what happened in a way

thelos is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
  #674
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Flyers are the typical bullies, and this time when they started their ****, they got their ***** handed to them. Why wasn't that **** Hartnell on the ice with a minute left? Too big of coward? Must be, since he runs his mouth and cheapshots all game long. Then Shenn cheapshots Crosby, and obviously can't understand why someone's gonna smack him for it. Like I said, Flyers are a bunch of tools. Maybe you'll win another cup in the next 30 years.

Terrapin is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 06:35 PM
  #675
Grave77digger
Registered User
 
Grave77digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Doesn't change the fact that Asham went after a defenseless player (Schenn)
Doesnt change the fact Schenn crosschecked a defenseless player. Take the homer glasses off and call a spade a spade.

Grave77digger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.