HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Showdown in Motown" Panthers vs Red Wings 4 PM est.

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2012, 06:33 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
I don't think he was really bashing Clemmer. Just saying he thought Clemm made a bad decision on the poke check. He's probably right.

Old
04-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Awesome.

So Buffalo needs to win all 3, to make playoffs, we would have to lose all three to miss.

Washington needs to win 2 (possibly against us), to take lead of division we would have to lose all 3 for them to lead with 2 wins.

Still iffy, Panthers need just 1 out of 3.

Cut what out? Do you read my posts? They are never negative, I was just saying.. Detroit is 30-5 at home? I was complementing them more than criticizing them..
You seem to lately be calling us out, such as "no one thought we were going to get a point," talk. I've seen you say you're the only one who still has hope. You're not. At all.

04-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Why does everyone bash on Clemmer, he played really well against Detroit and throughout the whole game he saved the team many times, he has played very well the past few games, maybe even as good as Theo.

EDIT: Don't we clinch the playoffs if Buffalo loses in regulation on Tuesday?
Yes If we win our game we are in or if Buffalo loses in regulation we are in

Old
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You seem to lately be calling us out, such as "no one thought we were going to get a point," talk. I've seen you say you're the only one who still has hope. You're not. At all.
Nah man, I know everyone still has hope. I just don't worry about anything during the game. Everyone is different, not bashing on Panthers Fans, we have a loyal fan base and on here are a lot of great people including you. In no way do I believe I am the only one that still has hope, but a lot of the posters on here are very negative towards the team, I guess it's just frustration.

Old
04-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Alexei Yashvalev

If both the Panthers and the Sabres get an overtime loss Panthers clinch as well.

Old
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
It's nice to get a point. We played a solid game and earned that point. It's a shame we couldn't pull off the win. Would have been huge. I'm usually much more pissed after a game like this, but I wasn't even expecting the point TBH, so it is a bit nice. I feel like this point could be huge down the road considering we now lead Washington by 3 as opposed to the 2.

One thing I didn't like was our play in overtime. Sure, we held the puck for most of the 5 minutes, but I was expecting more. We're playing a Western Conference team in what is basically the last week of the season. We NEED that extra point more than they do! Even if we do lose to them (which we ended up doing anyways), they're in the West. That point to them doesn't effect us at all. Dineen should have told the boys to just got all out on the offense. Just PUSH. Do ANYTHING to get that goal. If Detroit comes back and scores on a 2-on-1, well at least we TRIED. But it looked like we weren't even trying in OT, we were just content with going to the shootout. If we were amazing in the shootout, I'd understand that kind of play, but we SUCK in shootouts. We should have gone out guns blazing in OT and just threw EVERYTHING we had at Detroit.

Let's move on to Tuesday. BIGGEST. GAME. OF. THE. DECADE. It's simple. We win. We're in. It's cliche as hell but I don't care. The streak CAN END on Tuesday. We get a chance to put that BIG ****EN "X" next to our name for the first time ever as far as I'm concerned

But that doesn't mean we can cruise on Tuesday. Buffalo plays Toronto in Buffalo, they'll probably smoke them. We can't count on them losing. Winnipeg is officially out but we all know at this point that it doesn't matter what place in the standings any team is. It's going to be a tough one. Winnipeg would love to play spoiler and beat us in our own building. We need to come out hard and focused. It's LITERALLY the biggest game of the decade for this franchise. I want to see the same effort from the team on Tuesday that I saw today. We play like that, we win. We win, WE'RE IN.

I sit anxiously until Tuesday night.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
It's nice to get a point. We played a solid game and earned that point. It's a shame we couldn't pull off the win. Would have been huge. I'm usually much more pissed after a game like this, but I wasn't even expecting the point TBH, so it is a bit nice. I feel like this point could be huge down the road considering we now lead Washington by 3 as opposed to the 2.

One thing I didn't like was our play in overtime. Sure, we held the puck for most of the 5 minutes, but I was expecting more. We're playing a Western Conference team in what is basically the last week of the season. We NEED that extra point more than they do! Even if we do lose to them (which we ended up doing anyways), they're in the West. That point to them doesn't effect us at all. Dineen should have told the boys to just got all out on the offense. Just PUSH. Do ANYTHING to get that goal. If Detroit comes back and scores on a 2-on-1, well at least we TRIED. But it looked like we weren't even trying in OT, we were just content with going to the shootout. If we were amazing in the shootout, I'd understand that kind of play, but we SUCK in shootouts. We should have gone out guns blazing in OT and just threw EVERYTHING we had at Detroit.

Let's move on to Tuesday. BIGGEST. GAME. OF. THE. DECADE. It's simple. We win. We're in. It's cliche as hell but I don't care. The streak CAN END on Tuesday. We get a chance to put that BIG ****EN "X" next to our name for the first time ever as far as I'm concerned

But that doesn't mean we can cruise on Tuesday. Buffalo plays Toronto in Buffalo, they'll probably smoke them. We can't count on them losing. Winnipeg is officially out but we all know at this point that it doesn't matter what place in the standings any team is. It's going to be a tough one. Winnipeg would love to play spoiler and beat us in our own building. We need to come out hard and focused. It's LITERALLY the biggest game of the decade for this franchise. I want to see the same effort from the team on Tuesday that I saw today. We play like that, we win. We win, WE'RE IN.

I sit anxiously until Tuesday night.
well said mattyi my friend, we have waited along time for this tuesday. I sit nervous and anxious as i count down the hours.

It would be so nice if winnipeg just rolls over and ****ing dies. You cant make the playoffs start your backup take out your best guys-just give us the ****ing win.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Radek4Scoring
Holy Mackenoe!

Send a message via AIM to Radek4Scoring Send a message via Yahoo to Radek4Scoring
Just bring it to Winnipeg on Tuesday.... PLEASE OH PLEASEEE!!! WIN WIN WIN!

Old
04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
There are no words to describe how pathetic we are in the SO. None.
yeah there is, "FAIL" !

Anyway, I'm so happy we were able to get a point against Detroit in Detroit. Makes up for losing to Columbus and crucial for our chances. We only need to get 2points now the rest of the way or if Buffalo loses we are automatically in. Either way, I feel much better about our chances after this point tonight.

I really hope We can clinch by Tuesday because I think we are playing hesitantly trying to protect our playoff position. Our players are nervous trying to get this team there for first time in a while. I believe once we are in, we will play better. We will play our game. Would be great to get in with a couple games to go so we can start refining our game for the playoffs in those last couple games and get confortable playing our game again. The sooner the better basically.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Great8Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy82nd View Post
We need to pull our goalie and maybe score in regulation. Cause you know we won't win it in OT or a shootout.
Do it in OT and they score then we lose the point gained by getting to OT. Never will happen unless it is a true balls out must win or pack the bags on the season.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
JPG

Hey guys, just got back from the game...I was in the second row by the ice right at the spot where kopecky got hit. I actually saw myself and my wife on tv just now

First period we played conservative, waited for them to make a mistake; they did, and we scored. Probably helped that the wings were going into the penalty box alot, so I think they got tired. Otherwise nothing terribly exciting. Both teams played kind of conservative during that time.

Second period, the red wings really picked up the intensity. Fortunately so did we. You could definitely tell both teams were skating harder and hitting a hell of alot harder. You could see that the coaching staff was basically telling the team to be aggressive and try to extend the lead. No goals, but definitely exciting hockey.

Third period, the wings were continuing with their aggression from the second, but the panthers strategy seemed to shift from foot on the gas to foot on the brake. They clearly wanted the point, and I think maybe Dineen doesn't want to screw around and lose a point when it could mean the playoffs vs no playoffs. Also, I had a very good perspective on the Quincy hit on Kopecky. It was pretty brutal, but the TV didn't show. He basically checked Kopecky's face directly and slammed it into the glass. The TV replay doesn't show it very well. I was shocked he was able to get up after that. And also, all the red wings fans were pissed off a penalty was even called. Pretty ridiculous. Anyway, they kept us on our heels like usual and we ended up in overtime.

Overtime, just back and forth with mainly them getting scoring chances. One funny thing that happened, about 30 seconds left, the panthers lined up in the detroit zone for a faceoff. Campbell was right in front of this super obnoxious big fat guy red wings fan who immediately jumped up and pulled his pants down and slapped his butt onto the glass right next to campbell, for the next like 60 seconds. Everyone in the arena could see it, I'm not sure it showed up on TV though. It was funny to watch but the people across the rink looked pretty horrified since they had the full view

Shootout, well..at least we actually scored one goal in a shootout. Just a little closer to the playoffs. On to the next one.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:06 PM
pantherbot

I know everyone is bemoaning the fact that we can't score much and absolutely suck in the OT and shootout, but I think we'll actually be a good playoff team.

We're pretty good defensively and defensive hockey wins in the playoffs. There's a reason why we still win even though our offense is equivalent to a pee-wee hockey team.

And those loser points people keep laughing about? In the old NHL format, we would actually be higher in the standings because other teams wouldn't pick up the extra point from those 3 point games. I know it's a fad for all the other fans to point and laugh at us for our "loser" points, but the fact of the matter is that other teams are getting extra points through a skills competition and we aren't.

Come playoff time, if we're in it I could see us being pretty hard to beat. it'll be 5on5 all the way through overtime and our guys have no problem playing a tight, 5on5 sudden death type game. that's pretty much what they play all the time.

If we make it to the playoffs I can see us surprising a few people and making some noise.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
I know everyone is bemoaning the fact that we can't score much and absolutely suck in the OT and shootout, but I think we'll actually be a good playoff team.

We're pretty good defensively and defensive hockey wins in the playoffs. There's a reason why we still win even though our offense is equivalent to a pee-wee hockey team.

And those loser points people keep laughing about? In the old NHL format, we would actually be higher in the standings because other teams wouldn't pick up the extra point from those 3 point games. I know it's a fad for all the other fans to point and laugh at us for our "loser" points, but the fact of the matter is that other teams are getting extra points through a skills competition and we aren't.

Come playoff time, if we're in it I could see us being pretty hard to beat. it'll be 5on5 all the way through overtime and our guys have no problem playing a tight, 5on5 sudden death type game. that's pretty much what they play all the time.

If we make it to the playoffs I can see us surprising a few people and making some noise.
Agree with this. I don't look at reg season ties loser points; I look at th extra point as "gimmick" point.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

I actually just realized that we can clinch the division if Washington loses tomorrow in regulation. And if we win Tuesday in regulation.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:31 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

I thought we played an excellent game through the first 50 minutes or so and controlled most of the play. After that 5 minute PP which was shortened due to that boneheaded penalty by Kulikov, things seemed to go south. Clemmensen played outstanding and he has to be the reason why the Wings didn't take the lead over the last 7 or so minutes of regulation with some spectacular saves. I can't say he had such a great performance in the shootout, but he's never been terrific in them. I don't think any goaltender could have stopped Datsuyk's awesome shot. The last 10 minutes of regulation was dreadful though and that kind of play has to change.

The next two nights especially are so tense. As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to be cheering hard for the Lightning to win tomorrow. I just want to clinch a spot and hopefully a division win as soon as possible so that the game on Thursday won't be a factor. Since we've done very well overall this season against the Jets, I have a good feeling about that this indeed will all end in just 48 hours from now

Old
04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
FlashyG

Wings fan dropping in to say a couple things.

1. Those were some uncharacteristic dirty play's by Miller and Quincey, I wouldn't be upset seeing Quincey face some dicipline for his hit on Kopecky.

2. Clemmenson is awesome and I hope to see him perform this well in the playoffs for you guys. I was especially impressed by his brilliant play when his net was knocked off the moorings and he went to the bench for the extra attacker.

3. The Wings were very lucky to get 2 points out of this game considering our only goal was a lucky bounce off one of your players.

4. You also were on the end of a few bad calls especially the phantom hook against Upshall and to a lesser extent the trip or interference call on your 5 min powerplay.

Best of luck to you on your quest for the division title and in the playoffs.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:01 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
I actually just realized that we can clinch the division if Washington loses tomorrow in regulation. And if we win Tuesday in regulation.
Exactly!!

Actually, if Washington misses out on 2 of their possible 6 points and the Panthers get at least 2 points of their possible 6... we win the division! That's why our game against them is so critical.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:15 PM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Exactly!!

Actually, if Washington misses out on 2 of their possible 6 points and the Panthers get at least 2 points of their possible 6... we win the division! That's why our game against them is so critical.
Many ways to look at it -- the way I prefer is to realize that we can lose to the Caps, they can win all 3 remaining games, as long as we beat Jets and Hurricanes at home.

For some reason it makes me feel better, if transiently, that the division title doesn't HAVE TO come to a confrontation in DC.

Of course, if we lose at home, this is all out the window as far as the division goes. But today's point gave us that one last chance not to blow it, which makes me oddly happy for a change.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I don't think he was really bashing Clemmer. Just saying he thought Clemm made a bad decision on the poke check. He's probably right.
Attempting the pokecheck on Datsyuk was indeed a terrible idea. He had a good game overall, though.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
Wings fan dropping in to say a couple things.

1. Those were some uncharacteristic dirty play's by Miller and Quincey, I wouldn't be upset seeing Quincey face some dicipline for his hit on Kopecky.

2. Clemmenson is awesome and I hope to see him perform this well in the playoffs for you guys. I was especially impressed by his brilliant play when his net was knocked off the moorings and he went to the bench for the extra attacker.

3. The Wings were very lucky to get 2 points out of this game considering our only goal was a lucky bounce off one of your players.

4. You also were on the end of a few bad calls especially the phantom hook against Upshall and to a lesser extent the trip or interference call on your 5 min powerplay.

Best of luck to you on your quest for the division title and in the playoffs.
Thanks for your comments.

1. I can definately see Shannaban giving Quincy a game because it was a hit to the head and I believe he also left his feet on that hit.

2. Not sure how many starts Clemm would get in the Playoffs if we get in as Theo is our starter but yes Clemm has played well lately.

3. Wings have what it takes to get lucky bounces. Teams that aren't good don't get bounces like that. The winning teams are both good and lucky.

4. We are always on the short end of bad calls. Pretty much once a game minimum and sometimes more.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs too unless by some miracle we meet you guys in the finals.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:55 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

How early is too early to start the next GDT? It's mine and I'm eager!

Old
04-02-2012, 12:10 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Whenever you want. It just happens to be the biggest game for the Panthers since 2000, so dont screw up

Old
04-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Yeah, right now is ok if you want. I plan on putting mine up as soon as Tuesday's game is over. Or shortly after.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:34 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

It kind of feels surreal knowing that when the boys take the ice on Tuesday, if they win, no matter what happens, that's it. The closest we got was 08-09, and we had to settle for a season finale that didn't mean anything. I wonder if we'll have live look ins from the Buffalo game, since that could put us in too.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:37 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Good luck to you guys in the playoffs too unless by some miracle we meet you guys in the finals.
Rats and octopus, that would be messy

Closed Thread