HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Game 79: Ducks @ Coyotes 6PM|3-31-2012|(Do or Die Part 2)

Old
04-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Jackets basically gave us Klesla for free. Not sure why Columbus fans were so down on him. What a prudent trade.
Klesla easily one of my favorite Yotes, he brings that dimension back to the team that they lost when Z left. I can't believe they got him for Lepisto and Upshall as a rental!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I should add, I'm pretty sure I sat next to WJF's brother at the game tonight. The guy *****ed and moaned the entire game. "What a stupid pass.", "What an idiot, why dump it in", "Oh real nice shot there, he sucks", "Wow a shot on goal, that's amazing", etc. etc.

Such a whiny little *****!

Old
04-01-2012, 01:20 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
What a fun game to be able to see live. Didn't think Smitty was going to get the shutout with all the time they spent in our zone, the number of shots they took and the number of penalties we had. Kept thinking they would get 1 eventually, and I' glad I was wrong. I'm thinking Smith must have failed geometry if school. Can't quite grasp that trapezoid concept.

Awesome to see the Wizard get points 1000 and 1001. The place went crazy. I was in the same seat for this game that I was in when Doan got his hattie. And to top it off, my row got the airline tickets to Las Vegas.

Need to beat down Columbus next.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:35 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Team exploded after that first period. Great job on the defensive end, I want to see the stat on blocked shots. Team still has trouble getting out of the gate, but we have 2 wins we needed to get.
I think the stat was 19 blocked shots by the Coyotes, 3 by the Ducks.

Probably half of those were by Klesla and Vermette!

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:47 AM
mitch27

What a fantastic game. A great effort from the entire team. BIG congrats to the Wizard!!

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
I think the stat was 19 blocked shots by the Coyotes, 3 by the Ducks.

Probably half of those were by Klesla and Vermette!
Klesla just doing his duty, and he doesn't care about the repercussions from it.

The one I remember from Vermette was him diving out with his stick to interrupt a wide open shot for the Ducks, followed by an icing by the Coyotes, then Vermette wound up taking a penalty, but that line was GASSED.

I just love the way this team puts their bodies in front of the shot to stop it before it hits net. I've never played hockey, but I imagine it has to take some guts to do that, pads can't protect everywhere.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:15 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Anyone notice the hundreds(literally) of Yotes fans glued to the televisions on the concourse screaming and yelling, cheering on the Wild in the shootout? Yeah, this isn't a hockey town at all. Nobody understands the game or follows the standings. Haha.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
If it weren't for my man crush on OEL, he would easily be my favorite Coyote. I remember a lot of Columbus fans were saying they needed to get rid of his horrible contract. The guy makes a shade under 3 million. His contract only rivals Whitney's. Such a steal.
A great trade. I think part of it was that he had such a high profile arriving in Columbus as their first ever draft pick and a #4 overall too. The offense never materialised so he never lived up to expectations, then started disappearing for half a season at a time with injuries.

Kind of like we only see the disappointment when it comes to Turris.. imagine if we were paying him $3M to be often injured and barely producing much offense.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:22 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Anyone notice the hundreds(literally) of Yotes fans glued to the televisions on the concourse screaming and yelling, cheering on the Wild in the shootout? Yeah, this isn't a hockey town at all. Nobody understands the game or follows the standings. Haha.
Nope, I was at home watching the shootout.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:24 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
A great trade. I think part of it was that he had such a high profile arriving in Columbus as their first ever draft pick and a #4 overall too. The offense never materialised so he never lived up to expectations, then started disappearing for half a season at a time with injuries.

Kind of like we only see the disappointment when it comes to Turris.. imagine if we were paying him $3M to be often injured and barely producing much offense.
With the grit and play he puts on the defensive side, I'm ok with lack of offense. It's nice to have defenseman that can score, but they are that, DEFENSEman. I love watching him play. And forwards that come back and produce in the defensive end. Vermette and Gordon stand out to me in that nature.

Smith must have a lot of dinner bills because of this team, they put themselves in harms way a lot, but it pays off.

Old
04-01-2012, 02:38 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

My thoughts:

1- The Anthem was great.
2- Perry should be first star. He got himself 19 mins in peneltys, and they wouldn't start for 2 mins because 2 others were in the box. So Perry got himself kicked out for 21 mins. And Whitney got 1,000 and 1,001 on the PPs.
3- Mike Smith is god.
4- So is Whitney
5- OEL is cool too.
6- Phoenix has no hockey fans.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:54 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Ok, and who was it (I know it was one of you!) who had the giant Doan head on a stick? That was great.

Old
04-01-2012, 03:04 PM
SweYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Ok, and who was it (I know it was one of you!) who had the giant Doan head on a stick? That was great.
Someone actually did that?! I need to see it.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
Someone actually did that?! I need to see it.
It was an angry doan face in 113 I believe

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:08 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
It was an angry doan face in 113 I believe
I saw it in 113 on the glass.

Old
04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Anyone notice all the dudes with the Swedish flags painted on their faces and wearing jerseys from what I assume are a team OEL played for over in Sweden? I wanted so badly to go over there and start an Owleevur Ehhkmaan Larcon chant with them!

Old
04-01-2012, 03:30 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Anyone notice all the dudes with the Swedish flags painted on their faces and wearing jerseys from what I assume are a team OEL played for over in Sweden? I wanted so badly to go over there and start an Owleevur Ehhkmaan Larcon chant with them!
I noticed them at the Blues game too. I gave one of them a hi-5 because I had my OEL jersey on.

Old
04-01-2012, 05:07 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:15 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
I noticed them at the Blues game too. I gave one of them a hi-5 because I had my OEL jersey on.
I saw them at the Avalanche game a week and a half ago. Does he really need to import a cheering section?

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
That's where I got it from, been obsessed ever since. I so want to be a part of that chant! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I saw them at the Avalanche game a week and a half ago. Does he really need to import a cheering section?
More like want than need. If I was a pro player and had the cash to fly my buddies to games here and there I would totally do it! Of course this assumes it's the same guys, could just be the local Swedes of each city coming out to support OEL.