HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

I'm gonna say it, I love this team

Old
04-01-2012, 03:24 PM

vCash: 50
I'm gonna say it, I love this team

Yeh, my other thread might be pointing out a weakness but it's a legitimate point. The other one is that they are never beat. We were 6-0 down on Jersey and nearly tied it for cryin' out loud. We're a team full of heart, talent and speed who don't cheat, don't cry and stand their ground. Even our fourth line can score.

If a team could be characterised by one man, with us it's Harts. Rough, tough and entertaining as hell. What a turn-around, but that's the Flyers all over.

Bring on the play-offs, we fear no-one.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Reminds me of the 2008 Phillies. Hopefully the end result is the same...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
This team has enough jam to make a run for the cup.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Destroy Pittsburgh Philly. The entire Atlantic division is probably cheering for you.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Top Cheese Danish

vCash: 500
Hartnell is what the Philadelphia Flyers are all about. Homer better lock him up.

Thank you Homer for those trades last offseason. This team rules.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Last time the flyers won this many games in March they marched themselves to the finals. It's happened 4 times in flyers history. The other two, the flyers won the cup.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

It's def a love/hate relationship...hated to start the season because of high scoring but terrible defense and goaltending, now it's love.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
AaronTrieu

I love the comeback kids mentality. I would not be surprised for them to fall in a 0-2 hole in a playoff series, then win the next 4. Teams should start letting us score first. Scoring first isn't really working well for other teams.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:27 PM
BringBackStevens

Future looks bright if holmgren can find a way to hold them together and smartly improve the defense

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I love the grit by the younger guys.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:31 PM
ONTHEFLYGUY

i luv this team too but id luv them even more if they could get healthy

ONTHEFLYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:31 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

I was at the game yesterday, and I hadn't noticed this before -- when it gets to the shootout, they all stand up on the bench and lock arms around each other's shoulders. I'm not saying no other team does that, but I haven't seen that.

Really seems like a tight bunch of guys. That's always good to see.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

I love that this team is close but not cliquey, and are either maturing together or are mentoring those maturing... I love how they having fun and their not being condescending with the Media nor the fans... I love that Danny and Kimo can tactfully help a player fit into the team and City and that player will playfully adhere to that advice without feeling insulted... I love how they have faith in each other and cheer on their teammates and honestly feel for them when in slumps... I love how they are able to move up and down the lines and D-pairings without ego and do not seem to want to advance due to teammates poor play, but rather want to see a rival for their spot do well... I love how they welcome players stepping up from the Phantoms without fear that they will take their jobs and then comfort them when they are sent down... I love how Homer corrected their weaknesses without tearing up the team at the Trade DeadLine and had faith in the players they had... I love the depth they have in the Organization and that they can patch holes caused by injuries with call-ups... I love how they can lose Core players and step up and not lose a beat... I love how they they can shrug off a humiliating loss and bounce back... and I really love that they are NEVER, EVER, out of any game, no matter the score and time left.

Yes... I do love this team.

That said; I have loved the Flyers since 1967... although the reasons may have changed from year to year and sometimes that love was due to the Flying 'P' on their sweaters.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 04-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
TheLegendkiller

Could you imagine if Pronger was healthy? If only...

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Could you imagine if Pronger was healthy? If only...
I he was and Bryz was playing new Bryz like not old Bryz we would be favorites. But sadly Prongs will probably never be healthy again. So let's do it with what we got.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
I was at the game yesterday, and I hadn't noticed this before -- when it gets to the shootout, they all stand up on the bench and lock arms around each other's shoulders. I'm not saying no other team does that, but I haven't seen that.

A lot of hockey fans said that we took a step back this year in our goal for the cup, and in talent, but as homer kept saying we are a different team. The first thing that jumps out at me is how fast these guys came together, and it could quite possibly be the tightest knit group we have had in a long time, and you can see it every game.

I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post

I couldnt be happier with the two major trades that took place this summer, and at this point I wouldnt trade simmonds and voracek for carter and richards straight up, let alone adding Cooter, and Schenn... Call me crazy but these guys are a real nice addition to the team.
I agree with ya

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:07 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
A lot of hockey fans said that we took a step back this year in our goal for the cup, and in talent, but as homer kept saying we are a different team. The first thing that jumps out at me is how fast these guys came together, and it could quite possibly be the tightest knit group we have had in a long time, and you can see it every game.

No one will call you crazy. I'm excited for these playoffs. Thanks to bryz turning it around we are the team to beat. Won't be easy with likey the pens bruins then rangers but that's not THAT bad either.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:36 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Holmgren's a genius. also Xfinity Live looks insane. I think i'm gonna get down there just to watch a playoff game or two. They got tables with taps and credit card swipers. Thats insane. No payin some jerk off. Pour it yourself.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

Yup..go figure. This team has proven wrong all those who thought we would be "torn to shreds" by teams like Pitt with their superstars b/c we wouldn't have Carter and Richards to defend against them.

So much for that theory....amazing what Couts was able to do today to Malkin.

This team has exponentially more character than when those two were on the team...it's not even comparable.

BTW this team is reminding me of the 86-87 Flyers...very tight knit group. Also the fact we got Cousins and Grossmann out of the deals is also amazing..

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 04-01-2012 at 09:57 PM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post

They should stop. It's not working. Unless they do it in front of Bob.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Phunhog

Quote:

In the end, it was two letters that said it all WG. Those damn commercials revealed that our captain had the personality of a bowling ball. I feel real good for Wayne Simmonds, he stepped up to the plate big time. Love this team!

Phunhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Holmgren's a genius. also Xfinity Live looks insane. I think i'm gonna get down there just to watch a playoff game or two. They got tables with taps and credit card swipers. Thats insane. No payin some jerk off. Pour it yourself.
That's just winning on so many levels. Can't wait to go down there for a few playoff games this year.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:39 AM
whskybarJM

alright I think IM going to say it.... hartnell has convinced me this will be a monster playoff run

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I love that this team is close but not cliquey, and are either maturing together or are mentoring those maturing... I love how they having fun and their not being condescending with the Media nor the fans... I love that Danny and Kimo can tactfully help a player fit into the team and City and that player will playfully adhere to that advice without feeling insulted... I love how they have faith in each other and cheer on their teammates and honestly feel for them when in slumps... I love how they are able to move up and down the lines and D-pairings without ego and do not seem to want to advance due to teammates poor play, but rather want to see a rival for their spot do well... I love how they welcome players stepping up from the Phantoms without fear that they will take their jobs and then comfort them when they are sent down... I love how Homer corrected their weaknesses without tearing up the team at the Trade DeadLine and had faith in the players they had... I love the depth they have in the Organization and that they can patch holes caused by injuries with call-ups... I love how they can lose Core players and step up and not lose a beat... I love how they they can shrug off a humiliating loss and bounce back... and I really love that they are NEVER, EVER, out of any game, no matter the score and time left.

Yes... I do love this team.

That said; I have loved the Flyers since 1967... although the reasons may have changed from year to year and sometimes that love was due to the Flying 'P' on their sweaters.
Great post! I would add... I love that we've got two solid goalies heading into the playoffs, and depth on D and three scorign lines... and I love how the coach pushes the right buttons almost all the time... and I love how we can put 7 rookies on the ice and beat the best teams in the league.

The future is very bright and the present is a lot of fun to watch...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote