HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#79|Apr. 1, 2012|Flyers at Penguins| (Part 2)

Old
04-01-2012, 07:35 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Especially awesome game for Coburn. He seems to play his best hockey against the Pens, and will be a HUGE asset in the first round.
He was third star (Flyers only choice) against Ottawa, too. Good for him to get recognized.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
According to various Pens fans, Hartnell is incredibly "classless" for "taunting" a Hulk Hogan copy who's apparantly battling cancer.
A number of Pens fans also thought Hartnell was hilarious and noted they wouldn't mind him in black and gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Also, the Wellwood-Read-Voracek line has been clutch since put together. Voracek really taking off with both of them on his line also. 7 points in 4 games.

Plus that line has all our fastest forwards on it.
I have to admit that this line was very impressive. The future is indeed bright for the Flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Especially awesome game for Coburn. He seems to play his best hockey against the Pens, and will be a HUGE asset in the first round.
Interesting, wasn't so impressed with Coburn...

Anyway, two things are interesting: 1) Flyers fans seem shocked the Pens are so nasty and play on the edge. They've been that way for the last couple years. What's the big deal?

2) Should be a great series in couple of weeks. Hopefully our D will return.

Another thing, have noted a few posts critical of Englland fighting Simmons after he took a puck to the mug last night, I hope you do realize Engo pulled up on him. Had opportunities to smash his face, and he didn't.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
According to various Pens fans, Hartnell is incredibly "classless" for "taunting" a Hulk Hogan copy who's apparantly battling cancer.
Haha wow, he was just having a little fun with the guy. I bet he got a kick out of it.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
kicksave27

Rinaldo may kill someone the next game

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
My favorite part about the whole 'hartnell is classless because he trolled a fan' is that they are making a big deal that the guy has cancer..

Cancer is no joke.. But they are making it seem like Hartnell is booing cancer

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
ONTHEFLYGUY

and how would hartnell know that someone has cancer

ONTHEFLYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
My favorite part about the whole 'hartnell is classless because he trolled a fan' is that they are making a big deal that the guy has cancer..

Cancer is no joke.. But they are making it seem like Hartnell is booing cancer
Well we did get national pub for booing breast cancer awareness.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
So. Much. Win.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Hm. If that line stays clicking, PL probably won't break it up. The Schenn-Briere-Simmonds is working, too, and the 1st line is set.

Talbot - Couturier - JVR when he comes back? That is unbelievable depth.

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr
Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
Wellwood - Read - Voracek
Talbot - Couturier - JVR
The only reason I would switch JVR and Wellwood would be to form more of a true "shut down" line, due to JVR's slight lack of defense. Although I guess he may be an upgrade over Rinaldo anyway.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:33 PM
DayoftheGreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
Iím a Ranger fan and I watched todayís game. The reason I donít want to face the Penguins in the playoffs is that I know that there is no way I can enjoy watching the games. Cindy, Malkin, Latang and all their star players have a license to do anything they want. Particually Cindy and Malkin. I have to say what Schenn did to Cindy was brilliant. After Cindy gets away with two slashing penalties, Shinn crosschecks him in the back. I think Schenn knew that the puck was in and had a free shot at getting back at Cindy. If the Refs would start treating then like everyone else, maybe people would stop hating them so much.
100% true. The two of them have a completely different rule book. Malkin gets away with murder on every play.

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:47 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Hopefully our D will return.
Better off then we are. Mez and now Grossmann...oh and that Pronger guy too (not an option but a guy can dream)

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Haha, seeing that dude behind him shows where Hartnell got his inspiration in the first place

Otherwise, in all fairness, while I did enjoy the brawl and all the shenanigans surrounding it, it made us look kind of weak, starting it after that Vitale hit. Hopefully next time there's a more opportune time to start it

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:00 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
The only reason I would switch JVR and Wellwood would be to form more of a true "shut down" line, due to JVR's slight lack of defense. Although I guess he may be an upgrade over Rinaldo anyway.
Yeah I would probably do JVR-Read-Voracek and Wellwood-Couturier-Talbot too

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTHEFLYGUY View Post
and how would hartnell know that someone has cancer
Exactly ! Some folks just love acting like they are "offended" over silly things....Even if Harts knew the man had Cancer, there was nothing whatsoever wrong with him joking with the man and the other fans nearby....Harts is really a great player, and a fine human being in my opinion.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
Very impressed with Couturier's defensive play on Malkin this game too. He had a great game.
He's only a kid and he just takes the puck off Malkin and Crosby at will. Just a great player who created a lot of great chances today too.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
An interesting stat:
Excellent ! The finest sports franchise in Philly in my opinion.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Did anybody ask Bylsma's opinion on crosbby's slashes and malkin's antics? Or about matching 4th line to tthe skilled line with ~1' to play in a lost game?
Oh come on. Crosby is allowed to slash anyone he wants, and Malkin is allowed to just punch anyone he wants, haven't you read Bettsman's Rules of Order?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:32 PM
TheKingPin

Yea that's a little uncalled for. Game where you hit a piece of rubber into a net with a stick vs a life... Check yourself

When is jvr likely coming back?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Mathers is like shelly in that, other than fighting he doesnt have anything else. I didnt even say that though, Larry did, and Larry likes tough fighter guys. That being said, I heard he does do a good job fighting. A shame he has no other abilities though.

EDIT: Mathers cant get called up since its a combination of no contract and 50 contract limit. Actually he MIGHT be able to play if he gets a contract, since he is 18 and would go under the 9 game rule if Im not mistaken.
I've only seen Mathers a half dozen games of any length. Didn't really see him fight, but he played OK for a guy with limited skating. His dream is to have as long an NHL career as Shelley. We'll see if his skating let's him be more than a short term goon or not. The Petes put an A on his shirt, so he must have some value as a team player.

It's not that I don't like him, it's just that while he might fight better than a guy like Sestito, Tito can really skate well enough to make his hitting effective, and he has decent hands too.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:33 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:

Flyers fans seem shocked the Pens are so nasty and play on the edge. They've been that way for the last couple years. What's the big deal?
The shocking part is that the refs do nothing when Malkin makes an edgy play like throwing punches from behind a linesman whilst wearing his gloves. Someone needs to take white Shrek to school.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
A number of Pens fans also thought Hartnell was hilarious and noted they wouldn't mind him in black and gold.

I have to admit that this line was very impressive. The future is indeed bright for the Flyers.

Interesting, wasn't so impressed with Coburn...

Anyway, two things are interesting: 1) Flyers fans seem shocked the Pens are so nasty and play on the edge. They've been that way for the last couple years. What's the big deal?

2) Should be a great series in couple of weeks. Hopefully our D will return.

Another thing, have noted a few posts critical of Englland fighting Simmons after he took a puck to the mug last night, I hope you do realize Engo pulled up on him. Had opportunities to smash his face, and he didn't.
Coburn's been MUCH more solid than he's been...in the last 3 years, since Grossmann joined him. In terms of the Pens nasty play, not really shocked at all. The big deal that gets made is because they get away with it, and in the end we still get pinned as the dirty goonish team because of our history.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Engo" held up on him, but they both seemed pretty tied up either way. For a tall, lanky guy, Simmer can throw bombs, so it wouldn't have been a cakewalk for Engelland...regardless, not a matchup I'd be willing to risk. Pens have a legit heavyweight who can play everyday. Flyers have a couple middleweights at best.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
BernieParent

I would just like to go on record as saying I like when the Flyers beat the Penguins. I like it a whole lot. It makes my heart very warm.

Great rebound effort after yesterday's up-and-down performance against Ottawa.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:14 PM
LI Fly Guy

NHL tonight shows Cindy hit Schenn by the net after the puck leaves the crease right before Schenn Crosschecked him at the blue line. So it wasn't completely unprovoked, which makes crosbys comments even more of a joke. That guy is an absolute disgrace.

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:19 PM
no1b4me

Next Sat will be a penalty fest. Pens will get atleast two 5 on 3's.
If Mary hasn't called Bettman yet he will by the Sat game.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote