HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Dubinsky and Anisimov need to show the f up for games. Stepan needs to get his head out of his backside and go back to being his old self. Richards and Gaborik (other than his goal) were ineffective. Bad game overall by Del Zotto.

Props to Marc Staal, who played a good game in both ends. McD was good too.
Totally agree with your assessment.
To their credit, the Bruins did a great job after our initial thrust in the 1st period. Look, we're not going to beat them forever.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Anisimov hasn't been great, but Stepan has been BAD. Not surprised people on this board play favorites, though.

Can't believe he missed that chance when Thomas handed him the net.

Oh well. Obnoxious loss, but still confident we can get first in the east. Just hope everybody not named Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards can wake up in time for the playoffs.
The problem is Anisimov has been terrible for a lot longer than Stepan. Playing favorites? Hardly. The only favorites are the people that continue to defend Anisimov.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Dorado*

I'll puke if Pitt wins out and we lose out in regs

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

Didn't play awful, but that was a frustrating one to watch.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Pitts lost at least? Philly still won but still.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:44 PM
SnowblindNYR

And anyone that seems to think that the east in the bag needs to remember 06. The Rangers are capable of losing to each one of the remaining team and Penguins can win each of their remaining games. It's not like the magic number is 1 with 10 games remaining. 3 for each team. I won't be shocked at all if we blow it. Would be typical too.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Levitate

Tough game, typical Rangers Bruins. Both teams played well, Bruins got one good goal and one gift goal where the Rangers only got one gift goal and couldn't manufacture another one.

Bruins defense was good, it happens.

Wrap it up on Tuesday

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
We lost to a really good team who has a pretty good goalie. You really thought we would take 3 out of 4 going into this season against the Bruins? Better they beat us now than in the playoffs.
The B's D was solid, but Thomas was dreadful tonight. He gave up more rebounds than a fat guy bouncing donuts off his belly.

If Thomas continues like that, B's won't make it out of the first round.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Pitts lost at least? Philly still won but still.
if Burg loses one more we are 1st

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Steps is godawful when not on the first line with Gaborik i hate to say it. To be a solid player in the NHL you need to be able to score consistently no matter who you play with. Steps is lost with anyone not named Marion Gaborik and i'm disgusted with how he plays sometimes.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

We're going to finish in first place, but this game takes a significant bite out of any president's trophy aspirations.

In any event, we're in a situation where winning out from here on in still is a 100% lock for P.T.

Congrats to Boston on a good game. From a NYR perspective, the fact that we escaped this game without a key injury (Remember Callahan last year?) should be seen as a silver lining.

BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The problem is Anisimov has been terrible for a lot longer than Stepan. Playing favorites? Hardly. The only favorites are the people that continue to defend Anisimov.
Nope. Anisimov continues to play terrific defense in the role he should be in. Steps is a detriment when he's not putting up points. He was riding high with Gaborik and for a while has been unable to do things by himself.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Steps has been FAR FAR worse. Ani at least made some quality defensive plays. Steps was single handedly killing plays tonight.

Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
No offense and Lundqvist continuing ****** ass play, we'll have a hard time winning 1 playoff round. The defense was good, Lundqvist was not. That second goal was **** and the announcers agree with me. I don't care about Girardi ****ing up, bottom line his **** up ended up in a nothing chance and Lundqvist gave us loser goaltending. The type of goaltending that will have us playing golf soon since we're not a high scoring team. The Flyers and Penguins can win with goaltending like that, we can't. The offense was probably even worse than Lundqvist, but we're not an offensive team. We rely on our Vezina caliber goaltender to win games and he let the team down.
I agree Hank has been letting in some softies lately, but it wasn't that poorly of a played game by any stretch as a whole from the team. We lost 2-1 to a solid team. Your post indicates you're ready to jump off a cliff. Calm down.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We're going to finish in first place, but this game takes a significant bite out of any president's trophy aspirations.

In any event, we're in a situation where winning out from here on in still is a 100% lock for P.T.

Congrats to Boston on a good game. From a NYR perspective, the fact that we escaped this game without a key injury (Remember Callahan last year?) should be seen as a silver lining.
or any other. Boston got away with some borderline questionable checks

Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nope. Anisimov continues to play terrific defense in the role he should be in. Steps is a detriment when he's not putting up points. He was riding high with Gaborik and for a while has been unable to do things by himself.

Keep thinking that Anisimov is an asset to this team. The guy just does not fit the squad and should be moved in the offseason. I am done with him as a Ranger. The only asset Anisimov brings is some minor trade value.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
if Burg loses one more we are 1st
They are losing more than winning lately so lets hope. And i really hope it doesn't come down to a must win for the Rangers last game.

i don't like those.

Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Bruins are always unlucky against us since the lockout. They rarely get breaks. The only one I could think of was the Nigel Dawes turnover that lead to a goal in a 1-0 loss.

That second goal was just a disaster. Better it happen now than in the playoffs. Girardi tried to be cute. He even took a second to look up...WTF was that???? Hammer the friggin puck, Danny. Hammer it towards the boards or fall or kick it into the corner.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

and if that D shows up in playoffs...which it always does..Rangers better hope they can score goals...or were in for a big disappointment....come on you stinkin goof troop....

Hit the net!!!!

With such tight games...the few opportunities you do get...you have to make the oppositions goalie make the save....

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Graves94

I thought Staal was the best Ranger tonight. Hell of a game from him and McD. I don't understand why Prust and Rupp didn't play much in the first half of the game against a physical team like Boston. These are games where you need to wear down the opposition. We didn't create many real prime scoring opportunities, but it goes to show that secondary scoring can/will be a problem in the playoffs. Overall we played a pretty good game against one of the top teams in the East, and we came up short. Can't win them all...

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
No offense and Lundqvist continuing ****** ass play, we'll have a hard time winning 1 playoff round. The defense was good, Lundqvist was not. That second goal was **** and the announcers agree with me. I don't care about Girardi ****ing up, bottom line his **** up ended up in a nothing chance and Lundqvist gave us loser goaltending. The type of goaltending that will have us playing golf soon since we're not a high scoring team. The Flyers and Penguins can win with goaltending like that, we can't. The offense was probably even worse than Lundqvist, but we're not an offensive team. We rely on our Vezina caliber goaltender to win games and he let the team down.
calm down this "****** ass goaltending" just won 4 games in a row. my god one loss to the defending cup champs means were out in the first round. this team has won 50 games by some of the posts around here you would think that we are playing worse than the blue jackets. we are the best team in the league calm down

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Steps is godawful when not on the first line with Gaborik i hate to say it. To be a solid player in the NHL you need to be able to score consistently no matter who you play with. Steps is lost with anyone not named Marion Gaborik and i'm disgusted with how he plays sometimes.
His mind is faster than his body. He has outstanding IQ, but he needs to work on his physical game in the offseason. His skating(although not Boyle bad)is fairly poor. He also wouldn't hurt to put some size on.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Steps has been FAR FAR worse. Ani at least made some quality defensive plays. Steps was single handedly killing plays tonight.
I am not disagreeing. But Anisimov has been horrible nearly all season while Stepan has been bad only more recently. He never went through a sophomore slump -- pretty sure it is hitting him now.

Old
OverTheCap

I like Torts but I have no clue why Stepan was getting so much ice time late in the game. Stepan was flubbing the puck, his skating was bad, and he was getting outmuscled along the boards. I hope this isn't a repeat of last year where he played poorly in the playoffs. Arty's been quiet too, I'm not sure if I would have Arty and Steps playing on the same line right now.

Our forecheck wasn't very good tonight. Boyle, Dubi, Cally, and some of the defensemen like DZ showed good physical presence but no one else did. We needed more players to crash the net and wreak havoc in front of Thomas.

Staal had a good game so it's nice that he's continuing his strong play.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
They are losing more than winning lately so lets hope. And i really hope it doesn't come down to a must win for the Rangers last game.

i don't like those.
chyea me neither. just get some points next game