HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#79 | Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders | Apr 1 | L 1-5

Old
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM
JTforPres2012

vCash: 500
JtforPres2012

Capuano really is just a babbling idiot. Sending out 5 D-men like he's some great coach motivating the players. Go eat one of DP's hot dogs you bum

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:30 PM
rikker

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Making trades to improve the team is not pulling a Milbury. Snow has done nothing with the assets he could utilize to help the team. Maybe it if someone was offering a 2nd round pick, Garf would be all over it.
after all the legitimate offers that Snow has made for UFA's, you still believe that it's his fault?

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Snow Must GO! That is all.
He is here to stay, my prediction and hope went horribly wrong for this game **** THIS TEAM

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
after all the legitimate offers that Snow has made for UFA's, you still believe that it's his fault?
What do UFAs have to do with trading prospects and picks?

It's clear that this team will continue to lean on the draft since no A/B players will sign here. What other options does that leave? Trades. Using the assets that Snow has is a necessity at this point to improve the "rebuild."

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Really poor game...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Really poor game...
The last three games I have attended Isles 2 Opponents - 17. Ugh.

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
miscreant
Charles in Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Capuano really is just a babbling idiot. Sending out 5 D-men like he's some great coach motivating the players. Go eat one of DP's hot dogs you bum
It's game 79. Time for a stunt meant to show he's holding players accountable. Brilliant.

miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Islander Prophet

well, those wanting us to lose and get better draft picks are gonna be happy...

I we can get the 4th or 5th overall I guess it puts us in the running to win the lottery...

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Islanders1932

I haven't really even been watching lately because I am just so frustrated...This is coming from someone who has watched all 82 games every year for the last 10 years. I'm just done, there are better ways for me to spend my time. They need to make a serious upgrade this off season or it will be bad. I don't know how much longer we can take it. Obviously this is a bit over the top because I know I won't miss a game for the first half of next year, but I don't even have anything to be excited about going into next year. Didn't Garth Snow say this year was playoffs or bust?

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
It's game 79. Time for a stunt meant to show he's holding players accountable. Brilliant.
60 games too late.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:12 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
He hasn't made any offers that were good enough. Clearly.

This isn't t-ball. You don't get gold stars for trying.

He's done quite a bit worse of a job than Milbury did.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Bauer Warrior*

I can't believe that I rescheduled my wedding for this game.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:42 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Making trades to improve the team is not pulling a Milbury. Snow has done nothing with the assets he could utilize to help the team. Maybe it if someone was offering a 2nd round pick, Garf would be all over it.
The Islanders have 4 assets, JT, Martin, Hamonic and Streit. Which one of them would you trade and who would you get in return? People will say trade Grabner, for who?

The Islanders don't have the horses to move. Unless you want to move one of the 4 I mentioned. I know people will say Streit, but who will you get in return and in case you haven't noticed, there's very little depth on the Isalnders defense.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
A bit late to the party here fellas (just coming off a 12 hour shift). Gotta say, wicked GDT.

Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Didn't Garth Snow say this year was playoffs or bust?
It's bust...

But things will go the status quo again this offseason.

Until a building is in site, expect nothing major to be done here to seek a winner.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 05:39 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
It's bust...

But things will go the status quo again this offseason.

Until a building is in site, expect nothing major to be done here to seek a winner.
Can anyone tell me why, or with what quote or reference or anecdote, they believe Wang will allow or support spending money or hiring THE BEST PERSONNEL once he has a new arena?

Look up his hires and actions once he started eating up companies CA bought. Chea, profit, bleed and burn. The Isles will spend little, make more, not succeed unless he has to make a statement and just exist to make him money. Period.

Or lose money if he's in someone else's building.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Can anyone tell me why, or with what quote or reference or anecdote, they believe Wang will allow or support spending money or hiring THE BEST PERSONNEL once he has a new arena?

Look up his hires and actions once he started eating up companies CA bought. Chea, profit, bleed and burn. The Isles will spend little, make more, not succeed unless he has to make a statement and just exist to make him money. Period.

Or lose money if he's in someone else's building.
He's a scum bag. I really don't know what else I can really say about him. He screws the fans year after year. And year after year, the fans say, "Next year."

Fact is, there are no answers. I don't know what, but owning this team is stimulating to Charles Wang. There's something about it that gets him off. It aint winning, but it's something. The property grab hasn't worked thus far, but maybe he like the illusion of having a mini-city.

He's coy. I don't trust coy, and no one ever should. I don't blame the politicians, per se, and I don't blame the Nassau residents who voted down the referendum. Yeah, I wanted the referendum to pass, but that was only for completely selfish reasons, and looking back, I'm glad that it didn't pass, because that was pure Charles Wang trickery. Did he suddenly lose all the money he had in his pocket to build the Light House, and in turn, he had to get public money for a *** arena? What's this guy's deal?

If you ask me, he's an inverted version of Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling. The difference is that when they claimed to be making money, Chaz claims to be losing money. But ethically, they seem to be in the same pod.

I hate this man. I curse the day that he ever bought the Islanders. He put others, including Mike Milbury, Garth Snow, Scott Gordon, Jack Capuano, and Neil Smith in a position to fail, and Neil Smith was the only one who was smart enough not to play ball.

Mike Milbury was greatly restrained by his previous nut job owners. Garth Snow is still a rookie. Does it sound like I'm granting these guys amnesty? Well, I am. Mike Milbury was a fairly respected hockey man before coming here. When he got here, he still had his confidence. He made some good trades, including getting Kenny Jonsson and Roberto Luongo for Wendel Clark and Mathieu Schneider. He got Brian Berard when he had to solve the Kirk Muller problem (And yes, that was a Kirk Muller problem, not a Don Maloney problem). Then in the fall of 1998, weird things just started happening, like the Coliseum offices started getting emptied, on opening day 1998, there was a lousy rendition of the National Anthem, then the puck suddenly dropped. In 1999, strange trades started happening, like Bryan Berard for Felix Potvin, and Zigmund Palffy for a rowboat full of garbage.

I suppose that my point is that a if you put a frog in a pot on a stove, the frog won't know when it's boiling. It's a slow burn. Things start out nice and/or promising, then the temperature starts to rise. Before realization, the water is boiling and you're in it. This has happened to Mike Milbury. It happened to Scott Gordon. It's happening to Garth Snow and Jack Capuano. Only Neil Smith was smart enough to jump out. No, maybe he didn't actually resign, but he made it clear to Chaz that he wouldn't play ball. Ted Nolan was also smart enough to get himself out in some fashion.

And the fans; well, the waters boiling folks. And you're stuck in it. The promise of next year will bring the same results as this year. Chaz The Spazz controls every list thing about this team. He calls the trades, he calls the lines, and he calls the demeanor of his coaches. People piss and moan about Jack Capuano's inexperience and lack of emotion, but he hires patsies and everything that happens is Chaz's decree. Stop blaming the wrong people. Everything wrong with this franchise falls to Charles Wang. He has no trouble letting anyone fall, including Sanjay Kumar, Mike Milbury, and yes, the fans. Think about how hard we've bitten it. Mike Milbury, while being manipulated, sung Charles Wang's praises throughout. Charles Wang is the emperor. He's mean and manipulative, and he just may have put the final dagger in the New York Islanders. He's doing nothing to show that he wants the Islanders to stay where they are, and it's entirely possible that they won't. Don't blame the politicians, don't blame the Nassau residents, every last detail of this is on Charles Wang. He doesn't care about this team.

He's set everything up to look like the good guy. Remember that interview where he told Howie Rose not to ask him about the Lighthouse Project and Kate Murray? Something stinks. It's Chaz. He's a terrible owner, and we're paying for it. This has all been very well scripted, and the guys who he's wanted to take the fall, have taken the fall. First it was Milbury, then it was Nolan, then it was Gordon, and now it's Snow and Capuano. Those are the guys on the front lines. Those are the guys who fans complain about front and center. But realize who the puppet master is, it's Charles Wang. Don't take the abuse anymore, folks. It doesn't matter who we draft. With the exception of John Tavares, we've drafted patsies just like we've hired coaches and GMs. We deserve better. And why do we deserve it? BECAUSE WE PAY FOR IT! But until there's an investigation on Charles Wang by the FEDS or Gary Bettman, for different reasons, we're stuck with him. I'm an Islander fan like the rest of you, but believe me, your money can go to better places. It just kind of makes me sad when I realize that it's reasonable to believe that the Islanders won't be in the New York Metro area in the fall of 2015. There are plenty of cities out there who want, and have the resources, to get an NHL team. A lot of those cities are in the west, so that would help with any realignment issues that the NHL is having. Sadly, there's really not much that any of us can do. Charles Wang has made a profession out of blaming everyone else. And if the team moves, it will be the politicians' and the fans' fault. Well, I'll always have the memories of the early to late 1980's. It will be a sad goodbye. Thanks, Charles.... you dirtbag!

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Moosie

He doesn't care. If he did, he would have hired someone who knows what he is doing to run the team and then let him do it. Oh, wait. He did hire Neil Smith, but he didn't let him run the team. I'm in no way a big Neil Smith fan, but he would have done a fine job if Wang had allowed him to function as a G.M.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote