HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

Keep thinking that Anisimov is an asset to this team. The guy just does not fit the squad and should be moved in the offseason. I am done with him as a Ranger. The only asset Anisimov brings is some minor trade value.
Well you can be done with him all you like but the question is whether or not NYR coach and management share your views. Any indication is that this is not the case. Certainly, artem has regressed from an offensive standpoint this season. But there are players (Fedotenko, Mitchell, Rupp, Dubinsky) who are much closer to the axe than he is.

04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
mahonistan*

For those who started their playoff beards early, you can trim them tonight since we lost. Kind of a relief for me because mine was getting out of hand.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Keep thinking that Anisimov is an asset to this team. The guy just does not fit the squad and should be moved in the offseason. I am done with him as a Ranger. The only asset Anisimov brings is some minor trade value.
Do that and enjoy Brian Boyle as your third line center and Steps being unable to accomplish anything when he's not playing with Gaborik.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

It's also really getting old that this team doesn't allow any shots and Lundqvist still gives up goals. 21 shots tonight. How many of them were good. I gave him a break against Colorado because the 2 goals were unstoppable. Not the case tonight. He reminds me of Fleury, team gives up no shots and he still let's in stinkers.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
2-1 loss vs. a good team.

Can't win em' all. Onto the next one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Played well enough to win, just couldn't find the back of the net.
Bruins also had the the incentive not to get swept by the Rangers in the regular season. Good team with something to play for, it happens.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
well, we better be able to get a point vs the flyers.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

But he is.

He probably is our best utility player. He plays throughout our lineup, and plugs holes. All season he plays wherever he is needed.

I agree that I think he needs to bulk a bit, and needs to add a bit more physicality to his game. But I don't think he has been anywhere near as poor as Stepan has been as of lately.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
z06bruins

Good game boys!!!!

z06bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
His mind is faster than his body. He has outstanding IQ, but he needs to work on his physical game in the offseason. His skating(although not Boyle bad)is fairly poor. He also wouldn't hurt to put some size on.
He needs to improve his skating i agree. If he gets faster i think he'll be ok. Also, yeah he might not need more size (although it wouldn't hurt) but he needs to be stronger and exactly right, if we could switch his IQ with Hagelin's speed and ability to find the puck he would be amazing.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Stepan has 11 points in 18 games in march.

Anisimov has 4 points in 16 games.

Both were bumped from the top line.

I cant see how anybody thinks AA is playing better than Stepan. This team has plenty of guys who can back check and defend. I want guys who are creative with the puck or can bury it.

Hopefully other GM's see AA's defensive upside and abilities. I think he's one of the odd men out, unless he picks it up in the playoffs.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:51 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Well you can be done with him all you like but the question is whether or not NYR coach and management share your views. Any indication is that this is not the case. Certainly, artem has regressed from an offensive standpoint this season. But there are players (Fedotenko, Mitchell, Rupp, Dubinsky) who are much closer to the axe than he is.
The problem is Artem is going to be asking for a tiny bit less than Dubinsky money for his next contract. He puts up similar points. Are you comfortable giving him over 3M? I am not at all. Not on this team, anyway.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We're going to finish in first place, but this game takes a significant bite out of any president's trophy aspirations.

In any event, we're in a situation where winning out from here on in still is a 100% lock for P.T.

Congrats to Boston on a good game. From a NYR perspective, the fact that we escaped this game without a key injury (Remember Callahan last year?) should be seen as a silver lining.
Something tells me we lose to Philly but clinch since Boston takes the Pens to OT.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
But he is.

He probably is our best utility player. He plays throughout our lineup, and plugs holes. All season he plays wherever he is needed.

I agree that I think he needs to bulk a bit, and needs to add a bit more physicality to his game. But I don't think he has been anywhere near as poor as Stepan has been as of lately.
The best utility player is Callahan. Pretty easily.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Moosehead777

well in any case its one game....lackluster efforts...but ahhhhhh its all good...all we need is a point and than we can smack the east and get to the finals...........

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

This game was all about the lack of execution.
Didn't execute on face-offs, PP, open nets, passing. Add to that Boston played a good road game.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
No offense and Lundqvist continuing ****** ass play, we'll have a hard time winning 1 playoff round. The defense was good, Lundqvist was not. That second goal was **** and the announcers agree with me. I don't care about Girardi ****ing up, bottom line his **** up ended up in a nothing chance and Lundqvist gave us loser goaltending. The type of goaltending that will have us playing golf soon since we're not a high scoring team. The Flyers and Penguins can win with goaltending like that, we can't. The offense was probably even worse than Lundqvist, but we're not an offensive team. We rely on our Vezina caliber goaltender to win games and he let the team down.
Wouldn't it do your blood pressure good to simple find another team if the Rangers are as bad as you say.

I, for one, would gladly hold the door so you can leave the room.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

I cant see how anybody thinks AA is playing better than Stepan. This team has plenty of guys who can back check and defend. I want guys who are creative with the puck or can bury it.

Hopefully other GM's see AA's defensive upside and abilities. I think he's one of the odd men out, unless he picks it up in the playoffs.
Arty has 12 points in his last 28. Steps has 19 in his last 30.

Arty brings fantastic defense, while Steps all around game besides his offense continues to be grossly overrated.

Steps is a good second line center. Arty is a fantastic third line center. They both played most of this year out of where they should've been.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

Because for some odd reason a lot of people here overlook how ****ing bad Anisimov has been this year. He gets more leeway than any other player on this team. WAY more leeway. It's ridiculous.

Old
Moosehead777

Boston is going out in the 1st round anyways...they were a bit more effective tonight...but they are a car crash waiting to happen.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nope. Anisimov continues to play terrific defense in the role he should be in. Steps is a detriment when he's not putting up points. He was riding high with Gaborik and for a while has been unable to do things by himself.
I don't see how he complements Cally at all. Steps is a finesse playmaker, not a grinding forward. I think its the same issue we were having with Brad/Cally(it went cold). I am really in favor of putting Ani as our second line center.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
The problem is Artem is going to be asking for a tiny bit less than Dubinsky money for his next contract. He puts up similar points. Are you comfortable giving him over 3M? I am not at all. Not on this team, anyway.
Depends on what he does next season. If he puts up another 15-20-35 season with good defensive play like he did this season, I wouldn't give him 3 million, no.I'd give him 2.25 or so. And I expect that he'd end up with 2.5 or so in arbitration, which for a year i'd be good with.

But if he jumps and gets another 45 point season like last year, he'll be looking at 3 million. Depending on how Stepan is doing at that point, as well as further cap considerations you consider trading him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Arty has 12 points in his last 28. Steps has 19 in his last 30.

Arty brings fantastic defense, while Steps all around game besides his offense continues to be grossly overrated.

Steps is a good second line center. Arty is a fantastic third line center.
Arty brought fantastic defense . . . last year. He's brought OK defense this year. I think he's regressed in every single aspect.

Old
Ail
k.

Also, the most annoying thing about the loss tonight was the amount of "Potvin Sucks" chants. **** they are irritating.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
I agree Hank has been letting in some softies lately, but it wasn't that poorly of a played game by any stretch as a whole from the team. We lost 2-1 to a solid team. Your post indicates you're ready to jump off a cliff. Calm down.
It wasn't a terrible game, we actually outplayed them. Unfortunately as is often the case the offense couldn't finish for **** and as often has been the case lately our goalie was outplayed. There are no excuses for that second goal. This game should have been 1-1 in OT, with us clinching the east. Hank's concentration goes to **** for months at a time his entire career. Looks like it'll be March through April this year. I have no confidence that he can bring his game back from October through February. If he played like this all year we'd most likely be fighting for an 8th seed at best and not for the President's trophy.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Also, the most annoying thing about the loss tonight was the amount of "Potvin Sucks" chants. **** they are irritating.
I hate that damn chant. Why can't they use all that effort they put into that chant and just chant "Lets Go Rangers!"?