HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

HELP NEEDED- Cultural Biography

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Alkymyst

vCash: 500
HELP NEEDED- Cultural Biography

Hey guys, I'm currently a university student doing a Cultural Biography on the Canucks. My part of the project is the Background and Historical Overview. I am supposed to find out how

1: How the product come into being,
2: Who was responsible for the development
3: Which cultural conditions gave rise to the product? What was going on in the world at that time that facilitated its introduction?

I am not looking for the answers for these questions from you, I am simple wondering if you have any sources (e-books, articles from the induction of the canucks into the NHL, or other sources which I can cite) that I could use to cite, as the issue is not the information which is readily available, but rather sources that have legitimate authors, information.

If anyone can help me, that'd be awesome.

Cheers

Old
04-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Alkymyst

bumping for attention <3

Old
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
VanTampaFan

c'mon buddy. read a book if you want to learn, dont plagerize ideas

Old
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Dirkph
Mancrush = Malhotra

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee88 View Post
c'mon buddy. read a book if you want to learn, dont plagerize ideas
Huh? Did you even read the OP?

Old
04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkymyst View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently a university student doing a Cultural Biography on the Canucks. My part of the project is the Background and Historical Overview. I am supposed to find out how

1: How the product come into being,
2: Who was responsible for the development
3: Which cultural conditions gave rise to the product? What was going on in the world at that time that facilitated its introduction?

I am not looking for the answers for these questions from you, I am simple wondering if you have any sources (e-books, articles from the induction of the canucks into the NHL, or other sources which I can cite) that I could use to cite, as the issue is not the information which is readily available, but rather sources that have legitimate authors, information.

If anyone can help me, that'd be awesome.

Cheers
Canucks 40th Anniversary book might be helpful

Old
04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Alkymyst

I'm at Irving K Barber right now and every source they have is locked down and I cannot take the books out, but as a student NOT of UBC, I cannot take the books out, and i can't come here on weekdays when the books are available.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Alkymyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Canucks 40th Anniversary book might be helpful
I plan to go to VPL for that book tomorrow, but I was wondering if there were any articles from then, that are documented discussing the inception of the canucks into the league, and of the first draft and things like that. I'm also looking for stories about the canucks in the WHL, as it's relevant to the history of how this "product" came into being.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
I plan to go to VPL for that book tomorrow, but I was wondering if there were any articles from then, that are documented discussing the inception of the canucks into the league, and of the first draft and things like that. I'm also looking for stories about the canucks in the WHL, as it's relevant to the history of how this "product" came into being.
Vancouver journalist Denny Boyd's two hockey books are The History of Hockey in B.C. and also Pros and Cons: The Vancouver Canucks Story (a light-hearted look at the first three years of the franchise).
http://www.abcbookworld.com/view_author.php?id=302

Boyd, Denny. History of hockey in B.C.: from the Denman Arena to the Pacific Coliseum.
From the Vancouver Millionaires who won the Stanley Cup in 1915 to the Vancouver Canucks, this history is one of Denny Boyd’s first projects after leaving the Vancouver Sun in 1969, where he was a sports writer. (An historical supplement to the Vancouver Canucks hockey magazine.)
http://vancouverhistory.ca/vancouver_books_1970.htm

Last edited by Wetcoaster: 04-01-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Email the Canucks and ask. I know they have a history on the Canucks on their website. That isn't exactly a scholarly source however. Depending on your prof.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Total Hockey has a 3-page team history that outlines the basic story surrounding their entrance in the league, starting in the mid-60's. Page 277 in the second edition.

Closed Thread