HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Depends on what he does next season. If he puts up another 15-20-35 season with good defensive play like he did this season, I wouldn't give him 3 million, no.I'd give him 2.25 or so. And I expect that he'd end up with 2.5 or so in arbitration, which for a year i'd be good with.

But if he jumps and gets another 45 point season like last year, he'll be looking at 3 million. Depending on how Stepan is doing at that point, as well as further cap considerations you consider trading him.
Anisimov should not be making over 2M. That is the absolute max I would go on him. He's one of the most inconsistent players on the team (well, he's been consistently bad this year but has spades where he's really good for two or three games). He's maddening.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Arty brought fantastic defense . . . last year. He's brought OK defense this year. I think he's regressed in every single aspect.
I just disagree. Whenever I watch him, he's great defensively. He takes away pucks and breaks up plays.

He's not as good as Stepan offensively, but he blows him out of the water defensively.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
No offense and Lundqvist continuing ****** ass play, we'll have a hard time winning 1 playoff round. The defense was good, Lundqvist was not.
...You can't be serious?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

And t the poster that said he is an excellent 3rd line center, I agree. He is a center. We need to stop playing him out of position.

Just like Torts didnt let Richards and Gaborik work early this season, he didn't let Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan work either. You move Artem back to center and you maximize what you get out of him in a player with good defense and late rushes joining the attack for a good wrist shot.

We've been playing him out of position all year, so it isn't a massive shock to me that his production has dipped.

Not even sure why we're so focused on him as he had little to nothing to do specifically with us losing this game.

BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Also, the most annoying thing about the loss tonight was the amount of "Potvin Sucks" chants. **** they are irritating.
What's really irritating is that I just beat you for number 1 in our league.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
The best utility player is Callahan. Pretty easily.
Cally doesn't jump around the lineup though. Ani does. I agree that Cally is a better overall player. But Ani has been used more in that role.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I hate that damn chant. Why can't they use all that effort they put into that chant and just chant "Lets Go Rangers!"?
That chant needs to retire. The Rangers should just put a banner to the rafters and then say "lets replace the Potvin with Crosby".

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NinthSpoke06

Good game guys. Definitely a playoff atmosphere tonight. Glad we could finally break through that stifling defense.

No need to worry about the division either, well make sure you get it by beating Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:57 PM
PavelBure9

Calm down guys, even the best teams lose. Shocker.

Blues lost to the Blue Jackets last night, are they screwed? Probably not.

The Rangers lost to the defending Cup Champ for the FIRST time this season. They will bounce back as they have always done. The sky is not falling. This is the best Ranger team in nearly 15 years and had just won four straight. If we are down three - zero in a series in the first round, then i will start to cry a little bit.

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I don't see how he complements Cally at all. Steps is a finesse playmaker, not a grinding forward. I think its the same issue we were having with Brad/Cally(it went cold). I am really in favor of putting Ani as our second line center.
Based off of what? Certainly not merit.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
And t the poster that said he is an excellent 3rd line center, I agree. He is a center. We need to stop playing him out of position.

Just like Torts didnt let Richards and Gaborik work early this season, he didn't let Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan work either. You move Artem back to center and you maximize what you get out of him in a player with good defense and late rushes joining the attack for a good wrist shot.

We've been playing him out of position all year, so it isn't a massive shock to me that his production has dipped.

Not even sure why we're so focused on him as he had little to nothing to do specifically with us losing this game.
100 percent, I couldn't agree more.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:58 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Cally doesn't jump around the lineup though. Ani does. I agree that Cally is a better overall player. But Ani has been used more in that role.
Cally has jumped around quite a bit over the years. Ani only has because he has NO fit on any line. There is not a single line he thrives on. It's terrible. I hate watching him on the ice at this point.

Old
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What's really irritating is that I just beat you for number 1 in our league.
I know, and the best part is, the Bergeron PP goal was the ****ing dagger that did it. I was one PP point up on you until he scored that.

mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
Calm down guys, even the best teams lose. Shocker.

Blues lost to the Blue Jackets last night, are they screwed? Probably not.

The Rangers lost to the defending Cup Champ for the FIRST time this season. They will bounce back as they have always done. The sky is not falling. This is the best Ranger team in nearly 15 years and had just won four straight. If we are down three - zero in a series in the first round, then i will start to cry a little bit.
SHHHH SHHHH Logic isn't allowed in this board...

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Snowblind is on another one of his Lundqvist rants.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Wouldn't it do your blood pressure good to simple find another team if the Rangers are as bad as you say.

I, for one, would gladly hold the door so you can leave the room.
The team isn't bad but they are where they are because Lundqvist has been having a Hart kind of season. He has been playing like **** since March hit and with that the Rangers are a pretty mediocre team, an 8th seed at best.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Moosehead777

im happier now even though we lost cause im getting ready!!!!!!!!!!

and after 50 wins 1 loss dont phase me.....

So sing along and chant with me....

We want the cup!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Based off of what? Certainly not merit.
Because he plays a simpler, striped down game than Step. It compliments Dubi and Cally better. Plus he is better defensively.

Step needs skill forwards to play with, not meat/potato guys like Dubi/Cally.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Because he plays a simpler, striped down game than Step. It compliments Dubi and Cally better. Plus he is better defensively.

Step needs skill forwards to play with, not meat/potato guys like Dubi/Cally.
So, we'll just let him drag down Callahan. That's all Anisimov has done this year. On any line he's on.

He was the entire reason the first line was merely mediocre when he was on it.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:02 PM
PavelBure9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The team isn't bad but they are where they are because Lundqvist has been having a Hart kind of season. He has been playing like **** since March hit and with that the Rangers are a pretty mediocre team, an 8th seed at best.
I disagree with two things. A) Lundqvist is not the whole thing you have to give credit to all our young great D, if not with them Lundqvist would not be having this season and B) Lundqvist played 40 games at a level that only the Roy, Hasek, and I think Hainsworth had played at. Goaltenders would love to be the Lundqvist that he is at this point

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
...You can't be serious?
The defense against didn't allow any shots. 21 shots on Lundqvist that's 8.6 shots fewer than the Bruins get on the season. Not that many great opportunities. Lundqvist gave up a ****** goal. If they had 40 shots that would be relatively forgivable but when the Rangers give him a night off that horrendous.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Steps is godawful when not on the first line with Gaborik i hate to say it. To be a solid player in the NHL you need to be able to score consistently no matter who you play with. Steps is lost with anyone not named Marion Gaborik and i'm disgusted with how he plays sometimes.
He needs to play on that 1st line with Gabby and Richards. He's just not ready yet physically to handle 2nd line center duties.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
So, we'll just let him drag down Callahan. That's all Anisimov has done this year. On any line he's on.

He was the entire reason the first line was merely mediocre when he was on it.
The problem is he has been playing Wing all season long. Its not his natural position. You put Ani between those two guys, his game will pick up.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
WTF is everybody crying about. Boston won because of a lucky fluke goal and their goalie made all the saves he had to.

Sound familiar? We've been winning the same way all season.

Rangers had a great game IMO. They pressed. They hit. They pinched.

19-3 in the 3rd period. The 34 shots is the 2nd most the Bruins have allowed in a game this month -- 18 games total. The shots werent flubbs either. Rangers had some really good scoring chances.

I loved the way they played tonight.

Staal is back. I guess i can calm down for now.
I agree. They played well overall, certainly well enough to win.

A "flukey" goal (really just a terrible play by G and Hank) was the difference between clinching.

If anything, hopefully this is yet another reminder that you can take absolutely nothing for granted. Crazy goals decide playoff series all the time...

Oh and beast mode for Staal.

04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Here's another fun Anisimov stat:

He is 7th on the team for forwards in SH TOI/G.

He's so elite defensively that Torts has 6 forwards he prefers out there on the PK.