HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Whatever. Staal had a monster game.

As I said in the GDT, you can't win 'em all. We played well enough to win.
I agree.

We didn't play as bad as some are making it out.

A bounce goes our way and #1 in clinched right now.

****ing Van Masenhoven needs to be barred from ever reffing a Rangers game ever again. His bull **** bias has been blatantly apparent for decades.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:05 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The defense against didn't allow any shots. 21 shots on Lundqvist that's 8.6 shots fewer than the Bruins get on the season. Not that many great opportunities. Lundqvist gave up a ****** goal. If they had 40 shots that would be relatively forgivable but when the Rangers give him a night off that horrendous.
Guy, that goal was made possible by a defenseman. And it only amplified when you have three Rangers right there!

Seriously, if someone were to miff the puck and it went right directly to an opposing players stick, would you still blame Lundqvist for allowing a goal?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
The team isn't bad but they are where they are because Lundqvist has been having a Hart kind of season. He has been playing like **** since March hit and with that the Rangers are a pretty mediocre team, an 8th seed at best.
oh boy so 50 wins (13 are birons) means we are an 8th place team now?

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
He needs to play on that 1st line with Gabby and Richards. He's just not ready yet physically to handle 2nd line center duties.
He doesn't have the physical element that is needed for that first line. I also think putting him on that line might lead to him forcing WAY too many plays. It was a reason why he was moved away from Gabs.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
The team isn't bad but they are where they are because Lundqvist has been having a Hart kind of season. He has been playing like **** since March hit and with that the Rangers are a pretty mediocre team, an 8th seed at best.
Question, is this glass half full or half empty?

Nevermind, I already know your answer.

After 4 straight wins they lose to the defending Stanley Cup Champions who didn't want to be swept by our guys. It happens.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:06 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelBure9 View Post
I disagree with two things. A) Lundqvist is not the whole thing you have to give credit to all our young great D, if not with them Lundqvist would not be having this season and B) Lundqvist played 40 games at a level that only the Roy, Hasek, and I think Hainsworth had played at. Goaltenders would love to be the Lundqvist that he is at this point
The young D has been great, but Lundqvist has been the biggest reason we have most of the 50 wins. Because our good D we wouldn't be a lottery team without Hank, but we'd be battling just to make the playoffs. Lundqvist played some of the best goal in league history till March. Then he decided to take March off. Looks like he decided to take April off too.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:06 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Question, is this glass half full or half empty?

Nevermind, I already know your answer.

After 4 straight wins they lose to the defending Stanley Cup Champions who didn't want to be swept by our guys. It happens.
That glass is about 57% full.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
The defense against didn't allow any shots. 21 shots on Lundqvist that's 8.6 shots fewer than the Bruins get on the season. Not that many great opportunities. Lundqvist gave up a ****** goal. If they had 40 shots that would be relatively forgivable but when the Rangers give him a night off that horrendous.
So Dan Girardi isn't a defender?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Moosehead777

Bring on the 8th seed for a smack-o-rama.........

Headlines will read..........

Rangers taking the playoffs by storm!!!!!!!

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
oh boy so 50 wins (13 are birons) means we are an 8th place team now?
Lol.

We win and we are unstoppable.

We lose a one goal game and we suck...despite being one point away from #1 in the East (final standings) and could win the President's Trophy.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
It's also really getting old that this team doesn't allow any shots and Lundqvist still gives up goals. 21 shots tonight. How many of them were good. I gave him a break against Colorado because the 2 goals were unstoppable. Not the case tonight. He reminds me of Fleury, team gives up no shots and he still let's in stinkers.
Gotta admit ya got a point there dude!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
so you expect nothing less than a .950 sv% than lundqvist

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Lol.

We lose a one goal game and we suck...despite being one point away from #1 in the East (final standings) and could win the President's Trophy.
Yeah I agree, people are overreacting big time.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Lol.

Exactly that game could have gone either way...if it wasnt for one key giveaway...and missing open nets/not hitting net.....we could have won 3-2...4-2.

Old
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Honest question here. Are you a goalie?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Here's another fun Anisimov stat:

He is 7th on the team for forwards in SH TOI/G.

He's so elite defensively that Torts has 6 forwards he prefers out there on the PK.
He's better than everybody except maybe Callahan defensively 5 on 5. And I wonder if Steps gets more PK time then him, even though Steps is an atrocious PKer.

Also, I think Snowblind forgot that Girardi plays D since even though our defense was " so good", Girardi gets the primary assist on Pat Bergeron's goal.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Baby Punisher

Terrible effort. They stopped playing after Gabs goal

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

im a goalie and i let the other team score with 3 seconds remaining to make it more dramatic....ohhhh shoots they tied the game...well guess its overtime....I love overtime!!!!!!!!

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Guy, that goal was made possible by a defenseman. And it only amplified when you have three Rangers right there!

Seriously, if someone were to miff the puck and it went right directly to an opposing players stick, would you still blame Lundqvist for allowing a goal?
I don't give a **** about a defensive mistake when the end result is a ****** wrap around goal. If the mistake ends up on a point blank shots that goes under the bar, it's the defenseman's fault, if it's **** like what Lundqvist faced then it's the goalie's fault. If Girardi were the best defenseman in the league and Lundqvist was simply a very good goalie then maybe I'd blame Girardi more. Even then the goaltender is the most important position on the ice, the goalie always deserves the most blame.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:12 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Honest question here. Are you a goalie?
Honest answer, no. I don't care, even the announcers agreed with me. Terrible goal.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
He doesn't have the physical element that is needed for that first line. I also think putting him on that line might lead to him forcing WAY too many plays. It was a reason why he was moved away from Gabs.
I get ytour point but the guy has skill and great hockey sense; the problem is there is nothing really remarkable about his game per say. We may have to temper our expectations of where we think he'll end up as a player, production wise. Personally, I'd be happy if he eventually grows into a solid 60-65 point 2nd line center.
To accomplish that, he needs to get physically stronger, improve his skating and learn how to win 50% of his faceoffs!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moosehead777

Quote:
I don't give a **** about a defensive mistake when the end result is a ****** wrap around goal. If the mistake ends up on a point blank shots that goes under the bar, it's the defenseman's fault, if it's **** like what Lundqvist faced then it's the goalie's fault. If Girardi were the best defenseman in the league and Lundqvist was simply a very good goalie then maybe I'd blame Girardi more. Even then the goaltender is the most important position on the ice, the goalie always deserves the most blame.
Dude the goalie socks.....lets move on..we dont need him we got the scoring touch....let him juggle the puck back there...puck go through his glove cause its not stitched closed...no worries...we dont need no stinkin goalie to save us.

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
I don't give a **** about a defensive mistake when the end result is a ****** wrap around goal.
You might want to know what constitutes a wraparound goal.

How about you go into Boston's forums and imply we overachieve and that Lundqvist is overrated. You've done it when the Rangers played other teams.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Moosehead777

Bring on the 8th seed!!!!!!!!

maybe we should have Henrik play right wing...put prust in net....

Old
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He's better than everybody except maybe Callahan defensively 5 on 5. And I wonder if Steps gets more PK time then him, even though Steps is an atrocious PKer.
Steps is not an atrocious PKer. He's strictly mediocre. Right around AA's level. He's also a lot smarter with the puck. And Boyle is a lot better defensively 5-on-5 than AA is. So is Feds and Prust. Come on, man. Don't just start making **** up because you like the guy. I've pimped AA for years as a prospect and love all our home-grown guys. It's just time for him to **** or get off the pot. Dude needs to either take a step or go. I don't see him taking that step.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote