HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Dactyl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Honest answer, no. I don't care, even the announcers agreed with me. Terrible goal.
it was a terrible goal (still not the worst in his career) but youre making it sound like he let in 7 horrible goals and that this was a must win that we got killed it

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
I don't give a **** about a defensive mistake when the end result is a ****** wrap around goal. If the mistake ends up on a point blank shots that goes under the bar, it's the defenseman's fault, if it's **** like what Lundqvist faced then it's the goalie's fault. If Girardi were the best defenseman in the league and Lundqvist was simply a very good goalie then maybe I'd blame Girardi more. Even then the goaltender is the most important position on the ice, the goalie always deserves the most blame.
You just aren't a hockey fan. You are a hockey critic. Sometimes teams lose games. There has never been an undefeated hockey team.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He's better than everybody except maybe Callahan defensively 5 on 5. And I wonder if Steps gets more PK time then him, even though Steps is an atrocious PKer.

Also, I think Snowblind forgot that Girardi plays D since even though our defense was " so good", Girardi gets the primary assist on Pat Bergeron's goal.
Girardi made a terrible mistake, but that was one of the few mistakes the defense made. They had 21 shots and I can probably count on one hand how many of those were good opportunities. That goal was not even a good opportunity.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Quote:
Honest answer, no. I don't care, even the announcers agreed with me. Terrible goal.
The reason I ask is because goaltenders are usually their own worst critic and therefore can be very tough on other goalies.

I know I've blamed myself on goals no others would.

If you would have answered yes I would have understood your position a little more.

No matter what you want to say about that goal, Lundqvist had zero role in the team not scoring a second goal. They had almost 30 minutes, but nothing.

Blue'sClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Moosehead777

yea its just one game...stop getting carried away...even if he gave up 5 bad goals while talking to the fans and not even being in the net....he has saved us in plentyyyyyyyyyy of games.....but you mark my typed words....when the playoffs come around....the other teams will be scratching their heads hard...like they are going bald wondering how Henrik has 8 shoutouts in a row and the net appears to have an invisible glass in front of it.

Close this thread...the Prophet has spoken.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:20 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
it was a terrible goal (still not the worst in his career) but youre making it sound like he let in 7 horrible goals and that this was a must win that we got killed it
Finally someone admits it. It's like Lundqvist is beyond reproach. It's weird when he actually had decent games and allowed goals on decent shots people were criticizing him, now he gives up an awful goal and it's everyone's fault but his own. I don't understand why just because a defenseman screws up the goalie can't be at fault. I know that he didn't give up horrible goals, but the D played enough for this game to go 1-1 into OT. 21 shots on net and even good ones.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Steps is not an atrocious PKer. He's strictly mediocre. Right around AA's level. He's also a lot smarter with the puck. And Boyle is a lot better defensively 5-on-5 than AA is. So is Feds and Prust. Come on, man. Don't just start making **** up because you like the guy. I've pimped AA for years as a prospect and love all our home-grown guys. It's just time for him to **** or get off the pot. Dude needs to either take a step or go. I don't see him taking that step.
Neither do I. Like I said, yet another russian enigma.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
The reason I ask is because goaltenders are usually their own worst critic and therefore can be very tough on other goalies.

I know I've blamed myself on goals no others would.

If you would have answered yes I would have understood your position a little more.

No matter what you want to say about that goal, Lundqvist had zero role in the team not scoring a second goal. They had almost 30 minutes, but nothing.
I did say that the offense stunk, but we're not an offensive team. We should be able to go 1-1 into OT in a game where the defense allows 21 shots.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Finally someone admits it. It's like Lundqvist is beyond reproach. It's weird when he actually had decent games and allowed goals on decent shots people were criticizing him, now he gives up an awful goal and it's everyone's fault but his own. I don't understand why just because a defenseman screws up the goalie can't be at fault. I know that he didn't give up horrible goals, but the D played enough for this game to go 1-1 into OT. 21 shots on net and even good ones.
I don't think anybody is denying it. However, at the same time I don't think anyone is denying that you are kind of a ******.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Moosehead777

I mean were arguing over one goal in an 82 game season...ok this is what we do im going to alter the timeline...those complaiing so much about the one goal will have it taken out of the net...Rangers tie 1-1....but.....but.....you have to give me back 49 wins...i mean if that goal causes this much stir up have the goal taken back and gimme 49 wins...so now the rangers finish 1-81... but...you have that goal erased....

Old
04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Dactyl

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=4...?v=Ej2bY5bT7qI

you would think that boston scored a goal similar to this tonight

Old
04-01-2012, 09:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
yea its just one game...stop getting carried away...even if he gave up 5 bad goals while talking to the fans and not even being in the net....he has saved us in plentyyyyyyyyyy of games.....but you mark my typed words....when the playoffs come around....the other teams will be scratching their heads hard...like they are going bald wondering how Henrik has 8 shoutouts in a row and the net appears to have an invisible glass in front of it.

Close this thread...the Prophet has spoken.
So he can take months off at a time because he was good great from October through February? Then he should give back his paycheck for March and April.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
lol plenty here will tell it like it is when Hank lets in his softies, but you always just take it further and just bash the guy post after post.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Moosehead777

Quote:
So he can take months off at a time because he was good great from October through February? Then he should give back his paycheck for March and April.
Why would he do that...slacking is part of any job....what counts in the end is who is drinking champagne out of that plastic silver cup. And i dont care what the NHL says that cup is plastic.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
New Yawk Ranguhs
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=4...?v=Ej2bY5bT7qI

you would think that boston scored a goal similar to this tonight
link did not work

New Yawk Ranguhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
I don't think anybody is denying it. However, at the same time I don't think anyone is denying that you are kind of a ******.
So you insult me because I'm criticizing Lundqvist? He's he the father of your kids or something? The guy is not beyond reproach. When he has a ****** game he should be criticized and considering he's our best player, he should be criticized more than anyone else, since that's the standard he set for himself.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
lol plenty here will tell it like it is when Hank lets in his softies, but you always just take it further and just bash the guy post after post.
Most people here are defending Lundqvist. Girardi's **** up doesn't absolve Lundqvist's **** up.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Quote:
I did say that the offense stunk, but we're not an offensive team. We should be able to go 1-1 into OT in a game where the defense allows 21 shots.
1 goal in 30 minutes doesn't really call for an offensive team to accomplish that.

So you are saying a .952 save percentage should be the line a team should expect?

I got some bad news for you, no goaltender that has played more than 40 minutes this year has lived up to your unobtainable standards.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
link did not work
damn well i tried it from my phone

anyway it was a goal he let up from the neutral zone

Old
04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Ih8theislanders

Whatever, played well enough to win. Just clinch on Tuesday. Wish we could've locked it down tonight so maybe we could rest McD/Girardi and put Scott in for that game.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:32 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
Why would he do that...slacking is part of any job....what counts in the end is who is drinking champagne out of that plastic silver cup. And i dont care what the NHL says that cup is plastic.
I slack at my job and I'm making 40k. Lundqvist making more than 100 times that amount.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Why are we arguing over 1 goal? One instance where the puck went into our net, over an 82 game season? This board when we win: "bring on anyone! We can sweep any team we play in the playoffs!"
This board when we lose: "this team ****ing sucks and will be lucky to make it out of the first round!"

So we didn't sweep the defending cup champs.

Find some middle ground, will ya?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Whatever, played well enough to win. Just clinch on Tuesday. Wish we could've locked it down tonight so maybe we could rest McD/Girardi and put Scott in for that game.
After beating the Penguins twice last week, ever think of changing your user name?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Anderson

Snowblind, stop playing victim. Like any message board troll, you bash and bash until someone gives the attention you strive so hard for. Afterwards you act like everyone is attacking you. Say your piece and move on. You have been riding hank since day 1. Everyone here gets your agenda. Stop saying beyond reproach like youre just leaving one comment.

Lots of posters criticize players when they mess up. You seem to be the only one who doesnt let go until someone responds, in which case you keep going

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Moosehead777

Plus there have been many faults throughout the season...go look through the threads of past games...if a single goal is or isnt Henriks fault...its irrelevant in the big picture....and all that matters is the big picture, and that picture tells me were 1 point from clinching the eastern conference and ....perhaps even winning the presidents trophy....