HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
mahonistan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you insult me because I'm criticizing Lundqvist? He's he the father of your kids or something? The guy is not beyond reproach. When he has a ****** game he should be criticized and considering he's our best player, he should be criticized more than anyone else, since that's the standard he set for himself.
No. I criticize you for being a ******. There are better ways to criticize players than by being an ass about it. Obviously, you don't have fun watching hockey because every game you throw a rage in these threads about how someone or something sucked. I tend to laugh at it because quite frankly, it's just you being you as per usual on the website. I enjoy watching the games, and I can appreciate a good hockey game. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you let in a softie. But in order for your almost nightly claim of "Lundqvist sucks" to have any merit, maybe you should reflect on the Dunham or injured Richter years. That was bad goaltending. Henrik has a below 2.0 GAA, A great save percentage, blah blah blah. So you let in a softie. It's unnecessary to go on a nightly tirade about how someone has a "bad game". Because with you, it's every game and then it's every day until the next game. You should appreciate the game more instead of trying to find every aspect to hate. I've read from you about how bad almost everyone on the team is at some point or another.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
1 goal in 30 minutes doesn't really call for an offensive team to accomplish that.

So you are saying a .952 save percentage should be the line a team should expect?

I got some bad news for you, no goaltender that has played more than 40 minutes this year has lived up to your unobtainable standards.
Yes, when you're not allowing any really good scoring chances, yes. When it's 19 shots, but one is a great goal by Henwick, and one is a deflection right in front of Hank then no. .952 is not such a crazy stat for ONE game. I'm not expecting it for a season. Hank had a .940 save percentage till March. That's for months at a time. Why is .952 in one game where the D plays lights out for the most part such an unreasonable request?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
No. I criticize you for being a ******. There are better ways to criticize players than by being an ass about it. Obviously, you don't have fun watching hockey because every game you throw a rage in these threads about how someone or something sucked. I tend to laugh at it because quite frankly, it's just you being you as per usual on the website. I enjoy watching the games, and I can appreciate a good hockey game. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you let in a softie. But in order for your almost nightly claim of "Lundqvist sucks" to have any merit, maybe you should reflect on the Dunham or injured Richter years. That was bad goaltending. Henrik has a below 2.0 GAA, A great save percentage, blah blah blah. So you let in a softie. It's unnecessary to go on a nightly tirade about how someone has a "bad game". Because with you, it's every game and then it's every day until the next game. You should appreciate the game more instead of trying to find every aspect to hate.
I never said Lundqvist sucks. I said he's sucked since March and now in the first game of April.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Yes, when you're not allowing any really good scoring chances, yes. When it's 19 shots, but one is a great goal by Henwick, and one is a deflection right in front of Hank then no. .952 is not such a crazy stat for ONE game. I'm not expecting it for a season. Hank had a .940 save percentage till March. That's for months at a time. Why is .952 in one game where the D plays lights out for the most part such an unreasonable request?
Well hopefully the Rangers see the error in their ways and trade Lundqvist for whatever anyone offers this off season....... would that make you happy?

Hope you really enjoy and embrace your hate.

Have a nice day..... not like you could at this point anyway.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
You're acting like Hank hasn't stolen games this season. You wouldn't even be making these ridiculous posts if this team could score more than 1 measly goal. Then it would be all good in Rangerland.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

so how bout that dinging sound all game that was more annoying than hanks softie or snowblinds fit

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Moosehead777

He took march off..yet he's still the best goalie in the league ...you cant count the two moo moo's in front of him cause they have played way less games...march is the pacing month...take your foot off the save button... relax...let in a couple of softies....and than come playoff time...bring the brick wall down on em....

We want the cup!!!!!!

We want the cup!!!!!!

We want the cup!!!!!!

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Most people here are defending Lundqvist. Girardi's **** up doesn't absolve Lundqvist's **** up.
Nope, it definitely doesn't absolve him. He has to have that shot by Bergeron, no ifs, ands or buts about it!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
I never said Lundqvist sucks. I said he's sucked since March and now in the first game of April.
And if it isn't Lundqvist, it's Richards, Gaborik, MDZ, Giradi, Hagelin, AA, Dubi, Stepan, Callahan, Erixon, Rupp, Scott, Prust, MCD, Biron, Deveaux, Newbury, MZA, Boyle, Stralman, Bickel, Staal, Mitchell, Sauer, Eminger, Torts, whomever is on the team.
Last game you posted about how you didn't want to watch the Rangers anymore. By all means, don't.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Snowblind, stop playing victim. Like any message board troll, you bash and bash until someone gives the attention you strive so hard for. Afterwards you act like everyone is attacking you. Say your piece and move on. You have been riding hank since day 1. Everyone here gets your agenda. Stop saying beyond reproach like youre just leaving one comment.

Lots of posters criticize players when they mess up. You seem to be the only one who doesnt let go until someone responds, in which case you keep going
From a tough stretch against the Leafs and Sens early in the year (I don't even think that was on this board since the was really early in the year) until March, all I did was praise him and sometimes even defend him. I even defended him in March when people blamed him for the breakaway goal against the Islanders and against Colorado when the D played great but ****ed up completely on the 2 goals that weren't his fault. I ride Hank when it's warranted.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
After beating the Penguins twice last week, ever think of changing your user name?
Considered it

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Well hopefully the Rangers see the error in their ways and trade Lundqvist for whatever anyone offers this off season....... would that make you happy?

Hope you really enjoy and embrace your hate.

Have a nice day..... not like you could at this point anyway.
No because I still think he's the best goalie in the league. If he didn't take months off, he would be having maybe the best season all time and running away with the Vezina. We'd also be running away with the President's trophy. Instead he's still having one of the best seasons of all time (not the best), he might easily lose the Vezina to Quick, and unless we run the table we're not winning the President's trophy (have you seen Vancouver's weak ass schedule?).

Old
04-01-2012, 10:47 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
You're acting like Hank hasn't stolen games this season. You wouldn't even be making these ridiculous posts if this team could score more than 1 measly goal. Then it would be all good in Rangerland.
They won against the Devils and Red Wings and he still let in 3 softies, should have had 2 shutouts the way the D played. So I'd still be pissed. Not nearly as pissed as I am now. And the best goalie in the world better steal some games.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
NikC

I can't blame tonights loss on Henrik, although the goal was soft and Giradi made a terrible mistake. Our offense (or lack thereof) inability to generate sustained pressure is the reason we lost this one.

Boston was VG in the neutral zone, but we waited too long to apply pressure. too many guys are all thumbs in front of the net: stephan, dubinsky, animsimov...

I hope Krieder can step in and give us some more offense.
The need for another top scorer will be glaring in the PO, imo.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
They won against the Devils and Red Wings and he still let in 3 softies, should have had 2 shutouts the way the D played. So I'd still be pissed. Not nearly as pissed as I am now. And the best goalie in the world better steal some games.
Good to know that games before March don't count. Vancouver, 2 Bruins games, pretty much all the Flyers games, a game against Pitt, 1st Devils game, a Buffalo game. I can keep going with this.

And good to know that you think the best goalie in the world shouldn't win the Vezina. After all, you started the "Just give the Vezina to Quick" thread on the main boards. It all makes sense now!

Old
04-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I can't blame tonights loss on Henrik, although the goal was soft and Giradi made a terrible mistake. Our offense (or lack thereof) inability to generate sustained pressure is the reason we lost this one.

Boston was VG in the neutral zone, but we waited too long to apply pressure. too many guys are all thumbs in front of the net: stephan, dubinsky, animsimov...

I hope Krieder can step in and give us some more offense.
The need for another top scorer will be glaring in the PO, imo.
The old bugaboo rears it's ugly head every now and then.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
racer90

close game. we already beat them three times this season..
we didnt get beat that bad so i dont think this game warrants a lot of criticism

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Good to know that games before March don't count. Vancouver, 2 Bruins games, pretty much all the Flyers games, a game against Pitt, 1st Devils game, a Buffalo game. I can keep going with this.

And good to know that you think the best goalie in the world shouldn't win the Vezina. After all, you started the "Just give the Vezina to Quick" thread on the main boards. It all makes sense now!
Here's a gem in a reply to me from that thread....

Quote:
It'll matter when we played the Flyers in the first round as opposed to the 8th seed. The Flyers are getting much better goaltending and defense than they were when we went 5-0 against them. And this is about the Vezina not even the playoffs.
...... so I'm guessing Lundqvist nosedive was suppose to drop the Rangers out of first?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:08 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

Because he's better than Quick but Quick didn't fall apart in March (and now April).

Old
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Here's a gem in a reply to me from that thread....

...... so I'm guessing Lundqvist nosedive was suppose to drop the Rangers out of first?
The way the Rangers were playing then and the way the Penguins were playing, there was no reason to believe that the Rangers weren't going to lose first place. How many people could see the Penguins losing 4 out of 6, including 2 games to the Islanders? We still haven't clinched. With our remaining schedule and the Penguins talent it would surprise but not shock me to see a 2006 style collapse.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Because he's better than Quick but Quick didn't fall apart in March (and now April).
Why is March supposed to be weighed more heavily when voting for the Vezina winner than other months?

Old
04-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
God I'm so pissed off. I shouldn't be, but Stepan could been a hero

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Dangleberry

Just got home from the game. I liked the way they played throughout the game, a gritty physical game. We held Boston to about 20 some odd shots but had trouble keeping it out of our zone for a few stretches. Although I agree that second goal was a fluke, the powerplay is truly abysmal. Even with a 5 on 3, we were only able to get a few shots in.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
UlfNilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
i had to sit through 2.5 hrs of that pinging noise for that?
Seriously, what was that noise?

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
MSG the place to be*

I don't think anything could be dumber than referencing a goalie's save percentage in an individual game.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote