HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Jesse Winchester hopeful to play this weekend

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2012, 11:40 PM
  #51
xking23
Petersson
 
xking23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
So now can we do a "Win it with Winchester"

xking23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:18 AM
  #52
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
O'Brien has continued to improve every game, and has been one of our best pk'ers and best faceoff guy besides Spezza, there is absolutely zero reason why MacLean takes him out of the lineup.
Just because you say that doenst mean its true.... His faceoff percentage is 46.8 the worst of all center men on the team. He has struggled in his own zone on down low coverage and has been doing some puck watching. If you dont believe me go watch the highlites of the penguins and jets games. Blown coverage on the Wellwood goal especially.

I think for the most part he has played well but Winchester is a natural centerman and plays the same role and did it more effectively when he was in the lineup. The other options to remove from the lineup are Klinkhammer, Daugevins and Condra. Klink and Daug are left wingers can obrien play left wing?

Perhaps sitting Condra out may light a fire under his ass because he hasnt played well the last 20 games or so. He seems like a confidence guy so I am not sure if this will just make him worse.

Daugevins has showed some life lately creating offense so I dont want him gone. Klinkhammer hits like a truck goes up and down his wing effectively so id like to see him stay in.

bert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:28 AM
  #53
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,327
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12_12 View Post
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? A barely 4th line guy who would have trouble cracking the roster on half the teams in this league is coming back to our lineup and people are celebrating? "YEAH!!! 7 MINS OF ICE TIME IS GOING TO BE SLIGHTLY IMPROVED UPON! WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!"

Its JESSIE F**KING WINCHESTER people!

He is so important to this team that most people here forgot he existed until today.
Did you miss the billion page thread we had on our bottom-pairing D after the Gilroy-Lee deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
O'Brien has continued to improve every game, and has been one of our best pk'ers and best faceoff guy besides Spezza, there is absolutely zero reason why MacLean takes him out of the lineup.
Agreed.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfie
Daugavins - Z.Smith - Condra
JOB - Winnie - Neil
x-Konopka, Butler

Klinkhammer back to the AHL, or we waive Konopka.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:27 AM
  #54
mcnorth
Registered User
 
mcnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
This is the one place on the entire web, maybe even the entire world except the Sens office, where discussing who is on the 4th line and who is in the bottom pairing and who is on the farm and who might be drafted is perfectly reasonable, acceptable, and should be encouraged.

Otherwise we have, what, four threads and eight people posting about the same thing over and over and over again.

Sheesh.

Yes, we're over-analyzing... that's what this place is for.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:29 AM
  #55
mcnorth
Registered User
 
mcnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
And in the spirit of the conversation, I'm not so sure I want Winchester in the line-up at all right now given his rust and the fact that it is not an easy decision to pull Klink, JOB, or Daugavins out given the importance of these few remaining games. If it is two months ago, sure, go for it and see what happens. Today? A little worried we don't know what we're getting those 7 mins.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:29 AM
  #56
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
There is fear of rust, but there is also the hunger to get back into the line-up. This could work very well in our favour as that type of attitude tends to affect the play of others on a players line, (Carkner has given a bit of this since his return I've noticed) and even through out the bench.

The guy earned a spot earlier in the season and now he's healthy after taking a head shot for the team. You gotta reward that perseverance and dedication to getting back and give him a shot again at the very least.

There is an element of loyalty and respect from the coaching staff and management that has to be followed here, and it's another little reason why we're top notch!

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:32 AM
  #57
Tundraman
Survivalist
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 5,255
vCash: 500
Stache says no change today for Philly so best he can hope for is NYI. If the Sens win today I wouldn't bet that he gets in tomorrow though

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
  #58
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
There is fear of rust, but there is also the hunger to get back into the line-up. This could work very well in our favour as that type of attitude tends to affect the play of others on a players line, (Carkner has given a bit of this since his return I've noticed) and even through out the bench.

The guy earned a spot earlier in the season and now he's healthy after taking a head shot for the team. You gotta reward that perseverance and dedication to getting back and give him a shot again at the very least.

There is an element of loyalty and respect from the coaching staff and management that has to be followed here, and it's another little reason why we're top notch!
Agreed. Jesse doesn't deserve star treatment, but I bet we see him in action tomorrow.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:52 PM
  #59
playasRus
Registered User
 
playasRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 500
Jesse Winchester = option to sit tired legs.
Look what magic it worked on Daugavins/Smith.
Condra/Greening could probably use a game in the box or two. Wake them up a little. Get Winnie some game time in case we get into the playoffs and need him.

playasRus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:00 PM
  #60
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Jesse Winchester = option to sit tired legs.
Look what magic it worked on Daugavins/Smith.
Condra/Greening could probably use a game in the box or two. Wake them up a little. Get Winnie some game time in case we get into the playoffs and need him.
Why Greening, he has been great all yr & lately he has also been playing very well? : Winchester will get his shot sooner rather than later & likely tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind seeing tomorrow:
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfredsson
Klinkhammer - Z. Smith - O'Brien
Daugavins - Winchester - Neil

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
  #61
playasRus
Registered User
 
playasRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Why Greening, he has been great all yr & lately he has also been playing very well?
I didn' tmean to single out anyone. Really I'd sit anyone who needs it. I.e. that game Spezza had to take off. Winnie would've been very welcome into our line up that game.

playasRus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
  #62
mcnorth
Registered User
 
mcnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnorth View Post
And in the spirit of the conversation, I'm not so sure I want Winchester in the line-up at all right now given his rust and the fact that it is not an easy decision to pull Klink, JOB, or Daugavins out given the importance of these few remaining games. If it is two months ago, sure, go for it and see what happens. Today? A little worried we don't know what we're getting those 7 mins.
Rust? What rust?


Last edited by PatrickEaves: 04-01-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: deleted insult
mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:16 PM
  #63
playasRus
Registered User
 
playasRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
I didn' tmean to single out anyone. Really I'd sit anyone who needs it. I.e. that game Spezza had to take off. Winnie would've been very welcome into our line up that game.
This was well timed wasn't it

playasRus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
  #64
Cowen Time
Registered User
 
Cowen Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 500
That was a heck of re-intro to the team. Great in the face-off circle, and went against the Tavares line a lot of the time. Hope he can keep it up, he had a veteran presence on the ice tonight. Way more than I ever hoped for after 44 games out.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.