Notices

4/1/12 Minnesota 5 - Chicago 4 (SO)

Old
04-02-2012, 12:15 AM
forthewild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Also, Almond kills penalties. With Zucker already up (and not an NHL PK guy at the moment) they probably want to shore up that facet.
we don't need PK we need guys taking bad penalties and putting us in a hole that we can't climb out of.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Wild48
Our Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Well that answers my question.

So depressed. Wish I could feel good about the win, because I know it's great to end the season on a high note, but after watching this team not care about anything for the past three months I just feel more bitter than the most over-hops'd beer or cheap cup of coffee.
you can over-hop beer? I don't think that's possible

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Avder
Is only game.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
you can over-hop beer? I don't think that's possible
I dunno. I don't have a sense of smell so for me when I drink beer, all it is is hops bitterness.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Victorious Secret
Need home, pls adopt

vCash: 5973
Looking back at he-who-shall-not-be-named bonanza a few years back. It is interesting to see that someone's trade offer was almost accurate.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=508767&page=6

Aliu-Barker-Havlat for Gaborik

But we got nothing.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
That Gaborik thread is bananas. Seeing some crazy offers... Really wish we had gotten some return for Gabby.

Marleau + Michalek from San Jose.

Okposo + 2009 1st (Tavares) from NYI.

Carter, Lupul, Parent for Gaborik + Schultz from Philadelphia.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:04 AM
SauceHockey
Retired

Almond was great to watch. Kills penalties, plays good D and fights. Ideal 3rd or 4th liner tonight

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:10 AM
mnwildgophers

I hate to say it but I love seeing the team win. Seto was absolutely great tonight, the top line played like a top line should. There will always be injuries, but the hope is that our top line can keep it together for a whole season and hopefully with the infusion of Granlund and other talented youngsters starting in the AHL, we'll be a much better team next year.

Gilbert has been an absolute horse for us. He's been playing great since the trade, while he's not a #1 Dman, he sure is playing like a top pairing guy. I'm glad that we made that trade for him.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
That Gaborik thread is bananas. Seeing some crazy offers... Really wish we had gotten some return for Gabby.

Marleau + Michalek from San Jose.

Okposo + 2009 1st (Tavares) from NYI.

Carter, Lupul, Parent for Gaborik + Schultz from Philadelphia.
/cries

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
So,

I ****ing missed the game. And again, a GDT I missed turned out to be epic.

I really need to start a) missing more games or b) follow every game.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Outlandish

So, I just got to watch the game. Tank fail, but that game was just so awesome to watch I can't be mad. Maybe a little. It was so nice to see the top line play like a top line for once though and I do love a chippy game. Still praying we drop back to 4th or 5th pick though.

Wish I had time to read the overfilled GDT as I imagine that was quite a fun one but sleep is calling loudly.

Outlandish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Probably one of the most entertaining games all year. The first fights sucked but the Almond one was awesome, huge bombs. Sick goals by Kane and Heatley. Awesome shootout moves. Pretty good to watch for once.

It really blows the Wild are going to get a meh player at the draft though. Oh well. I guess I can't say anything bad about Fletcher because "his guys" haven't played in the NHL yet, aside from the players he signed and traded for the last three years. Better living through mediocrity.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

That Almond fight was great. Shaw had all those stupid looking head fakes, then just got beat down like a petulant child. It kept looking like it was done, but then 3 more punches would come out.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:12 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlandish View Post
So, I just got to watch the game. Tank fail, but that game was just so awesome to watch I can't be mad. Maybe a little. It was so nice to see the top line play like a top line for once though and I do love a chippy game. Still praying we drop back to 4th or 5th pick though.

Wish I had time to read the overfilled GDT as I imagine that was quite a fun one but sleep is calling loudly.
It's about 500 posts on the game, 300 on .gifs, 100 on videos, all 22 Trapped in the Closet chapters and the rest is pregame talk.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Probably one of the most entertaining games all year. The first fights sucked but the Almond one was awesome, huge bombs. Sick goals by Kane and Heatley. Awesome shootout moves. Pretty good to watch for once.

It really blows the Wild are going to get a meh player at the draft though. Oh well. I guess I can't say anything bad about Fletcher because "his guys" haven't played in the NHL yet, aside from the players he signed and traded for the last three years. Better living through mediocrity.
even nail isn't a sure fire prospect in this draft. There are plenty of guys who have the potential to become studs in this draft. Pretty much all of the prospects listed on in top 10 draft lists fill a need for this club/draft pool.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Aside from Zucker, none of the prospects we have really gets me going, and with Zucker I'm not sold on him either. Stud goal scorer or defenseman is a desperate need and unless they can move that 1st pick plus a prospect, I don't see it happening. Especially for the window of this team that's supposed to open up next year.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:23 AM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
even nail isn't a sure fire prospect in this draft. There are plenty of guys who have the potential to become studs in this draft. Pretty much all of the prospects listed on in top 10 draft lists fill a need for this club/draft pool.
Thank you. Glad someone else feels the same way.

roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

We'd get forward or defensive depth but not the star player the team needs.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

What happened with Zucker last night? I saw him on the ice once all game.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
What happened with Zucker last night? I saw him on the ice once all game.
I made a nodryfail about it, went something like "Singlehandedly win last game? BENCHED".

I dont have a clue whats going on with Zucker in that game.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I made a nodryfail about it, went something like "Singlehandedly win last game? BENCHED".

I dont have a clue whats going on with Zucker in that game.
I think his line just didn't have it last night. Most of the time they were out there, they got bottled up in their own end. It happens.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That line combined for a -7 early I think. Sucks that in a meaningless game the coach is going to send a message to a 20-year-old who just joined the team two games ago.

Christensen has been playing well, obviously trying to earn a contract next year. If he does, it better be one year only.

Mikko was in beast mode for the third game I watched this year. Not to say he's only been in beast mode three times, but this is the third of the maybe 45-50 games I've seen. The other two were the Detroit OT winner game and one of the games he returned from the shoulder initially.

Seto has a nice jump in his step. Heatley was outstanding.

Scandy was playing nasty...good to see.

LOVED Stoner's game. Really want to see him re-signed. He can't stay healthy, but he's so great when he's on. Reminds me of the steady influence Keith Carney had, except better skating and some offense. Yes he has one goal all year but he had two great chances later in the game after his goal.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:56 AM
nickschultzfan

Stoner needs to be re-signed. Our blueline is soft as warm butter when he's not in the line-up.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
OpRedDawn

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
True, but I trust GMCF, so I want the guy highest on his list.

OpRedDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
That line combined for a -7 early I think. Sucks that in a meaningless game the coach is going to send a message to a 20-year-old who just joined the team two games ago.

Christensen has been playing well, obviously trying to earn a contract next year. If he does, it better be one year only.

Mikko was in beast mode for the third game I watched this year. Not to say he's only been in beast mode three times, but this is the third of the maybe 45-50 games I've seen. The other two were the Detroit OT winner game and one of the games he returned from the shoulder initially.

Seto has a nice jump in his step. Heatley was outstanding.

Scandy was playing nasty...good to see.

LOVED Stoner's game. Really want to see him re-signed. He can't stay healthy, but he's so great when he's on. Reminds me of the steady influence Keith Carney had, except better skating and some offense. Yes he has one goal all year but he had two great chances later in the game after his goal.
What message is he sending him tho? I don't think Zucker even got on the ice until 10 minutes into the first.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
DrAStuart

The problem with the Zucker line last night was two things. First, their ice time was down cuz none of them are on the PK...and there was a lot of that in the first. Second, they weren't performing as well as they did the night before and the first line was hot last night, so that cut into their time.
I don't think any 'message' was being sent, it was just a thing that happened...they got squeezed by circumstances. It might have been a bit different if they had jumped out to a strong start as a line, but they were victims of the top line's success last night.

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote