HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miikka Salomaki, LW, 52nd Overall

Old
04-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
A bit late with the news, but Salomäki got ejected and suspended again during Game 5 for 3 games (Game 7 is played tomorrow, so if Kärpät goes on he could play starting from the 2nd game)..
The "again" is what worries me. I'm not liking the sound of that.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Legionnaire11

Do we have a Ville Nieminen type on our hands?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:09 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 689
Seems that Kärpät made a protest about Salomäki's suspension, and he has been cleared for Game 7 tonight.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Seems that Kärpät made a protest about Salomäki's suspension, and he has been cleared for Game 7 tonight.
Showed that hit to some friends in light of all the disciplinary stuff that's been going on in the NHL this season.

Majority felt that Salomaki should not have even been penalized let alone suspended. They thought that he (Salomaki) was just raising his hands to protect himself from an unexpected collision.

I'm still not sure where I fall - would probably go with an interference penalty (two minutes), but nothing more than that. It looked like Hodgman gave it a little of the European football dramatics (sadly, also becoming part of hockey here in North America as of late) as well.

Last edited by Tony Piscotta: 04-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Tony Piscotta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:00 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Piscotta View Post
Showed that hit to some friends in light of all the disciplinary stuff that's been going on in the NHL this season.

Majority felt that Salomaki should not have even been penalized let alone suspended. They thought that he (Salomaki) was just raising his hands to protect himself from an unexpected collision.

I'm still not sure where I fall - would probably go with an interference penalty (two minutes), but nothing more than that. It looked like Hodgman gave it a little of the European football dramatics (sadly, also becoming part of hockey here in North America as of late) as well.
The suspension had a lot to do with the player's history of borderline dirty antics on the ice.

Just one game ago he had bumped in to a referee, and now he "accidentally" hit Hodgman blind side. Honestly, I still think Salomäki just wanted to take out a star of the opposing team. Didn't succeed I guess.

Oh and Hodgman is NAn so you might want to take off that "european" thing.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 06:02 AM
goodoldhockeygame

Salomäki got invitation for for wc preparation game of the finnish national team.

goodoldhockeygame is offline   Reply With Quote