HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79|Apr. 1, 2012|Flyers at Penguins| (Part 2)

Old
04-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
The two handed slash to Giroux on the faceoff was so blatantly obvious yet it wasn't called.
dont forget the broken stick over some player, also not called, one woult think, what more the refs need as prove that they were slashing?

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:51 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Right in front of the ref too.. I dont see how you miss that..
yeah we should have had a 5 on 3 for that and then the trip on Giroux

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:54 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

is there video of 87 slashing 28?

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:57 AM
mirimon

Damn, that was a fun game to watch. It must have been a great game to play as well. Fast, chippy, pretty physical and on top of all that some nice goals. Voracek's was a thing of beauty, starting with Coburn's great pass and Wellwood's quick redirect and then some very nice moves by Voracek. He had a pretty nice setup on Simmonds' goal as well. Coburn had a great game, he's able to stand up at the blue line more frequently now, don't know if that's just a confidence thing or if he's changed something in his game. It's great to see at least. Talbot was at his best as well. Giroux outplayed Malkin/Crosby. It was nice to see Bourdon having a pretty good game as well. He wasn't great or anything, but he stepped up his play when Grossmann went down.

I want more games like this. This playoff series could be epic. Hopefully we end up taking the home-ice advantage, similar to how the Pens took the 4th spot from us in '09. Then in game six we'll go down 0-3, Talbot will fight, and get beaten, and we will storm back to win the game 5-3 and take the series. Then...

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Kaktus*

Still pumped!!!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
jagrgodr

i don't know if anyone has posted this before, but i saw this on puck daddy. Holmgren was the first to break the stick over the glass like peter did, pretty funny!

edit: Holy crap listen to the announcers.. epic video. 1991, dale hunter (coach of capitals) assault and colorful language from the announcers

edit: this is getting fun, the guy (Craig Berube) who was holding laviolette back was a former flyer and punched a ref in the face, bloodying him, while attempting to fight Lindy Ruff (Couch of sabres):

Last edited by jagrgodr: 04-02-2012 at 08:20 AM.
jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Is that Bill Clement doing the commentary?

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Does anyone have a link to a video of NHL tonight discussing yesterday's incident, I still have yet to see this slash or whatever on Schenn and primarily just want to hear a national broadcast team say something other than Crosby is the greatest thing ever.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:32 AM
flyers0909

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
NHL tonight shows Cindy hit Schenn by the net after the puck leaves the crease right before Schenn Crosschecked him at the blue line. So it wasn't completely unprovoked, which makes crosbys comments even more of a joke. That guy is an absolute disgrace.
What were Crosby's comments?

flyers0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
What were Crosby's comments?
THey are back a few pages

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:47 AM
healthyscratch

Mike Milbury on 610 laying into Crosby.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Mike Basically called Gronato Blysma's wife yesterday during Rangers vs Boston intermission. True story.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
I thought Milbury was all up on Crosby's sack as long as it wasn't against Boston. Interesting.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:55 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Is that Bill Clement doing the commentary?
Yeah, I believe it was. Someone really should have speared Hunter in the face.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:00 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
I thought Milbury was all up on Crosby's sack as long as it wasn't against Boston. Interesting.
He's probably playing it up for the Philly market, but he did say Crosby deserved Schenn's crosscheck on NBC yesterday during the Rags/Bruins game.

Called him a whiner as big as Gretzky when it comes to playing the refs and taking extra shots that he knows he'll get away with. Then said good for Schenn, it wasn't a big deal just getting him back for what Sid did to him. But he thought Schenn should've done it right away instead of waiting and getting caught.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Broad Street Elite

The best part of yesterday's game is that it showed that the Pens will come off their game if physically pressed. In the upcoming playoff series, my objective is to physically pound Malkin and Crosby every single shift. You finish every check, you facewash them every time around the net, whatever it takes. I don't care if we get accused of being dirty or take a few minors in the process.

Some teams play better when physically challenged (ie, Bruins). The Pens are not one of those. Not advocating injury, but they need to feel it after every game.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:05 AM
jagrgodr

i honestly love what schenn did, it was a brilliant move. He probably knew the puck was in the back of the net and knew that if he committed a penalty it would not be called, absolute brilliance! Since it was late in the game and if he would have given up a dumb penalty like that to give the penguins a chance to catch up would have been TERRIBLE, but i'm pretty sure he knew that his penalty would be erased since it was a goal.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
i honestly love what schenn did, it was a brilliant move. He probably knew the puck was in the back of the net and knew that if he committed a penalty it would not be called, absolute brilliance! Since it was late in the game and if he would have given up a dumb penalty like that to give the penguins a chance to catch up would have been TERRIBLE, but i'm pretty sure he knew that his penalty would be erased since it was a goal.
it would be briliant if he did that right after he got slashed, this way it was just smart and entertaining

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
The best part of yesterday's game is that it showed that the Pens will come off their game if physically pressed. In the upcoming playoff series, my objective is to physically pound Malkin and Crosby every single shift. You finish every check, you facewash them every time around the net, whatever it takes. I don't care if we get accused of being dirty or take a few minors in the process.

Some teams play better when physically challenged (ie, Bruins). The Pens are not one of those. Not advocating injury, but they need to feel it after every game.
The Pens defense really has problems with the speed of our forwards. Only Letang seems to be able to keep up. I think the Flyers match up really well against PIT, they just need to get healthy.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Crosby gave Schenn a shot from behind, he got one in return. Let him cry, let him cry, let him cry.

I love that the Flyers show him no respect at all. He deserves none.

Hit him hard, everytime he touches the puck until he's not capable of playing any more. A simple mission.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Krishna

Love how easy it is to troll pittsburgh fans

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Love how easy it is to troll pittsburgh fans
Ha, the second I saw your post about how they react to Schenns crosscheck my face turned into Jagr-like devilish grin b/c I saw what was coming ...

Last edited by kudymen: 04-02-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: too many typos on ice
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Some of the points brought up about the Pens not liking to get hit are pretty accurate from what I've seen. They take simple finishing of checks personal like they have to get that player back as if its a questioning of their manhood. Its hockey, you get hit, remember the number if it bothers you that much and get him on the next shift or game. The best part is that players like Hartnell are able to troll Malkin hard enough to throw them off their games while players like Grossmann and Couturier actually shut down his game. Crosby is very easy to troll too and it looks like Simmonds and Schenn are up for the task. Rinaldo is just like Carcillo and will goat anyone into retaliation or just getting them off the ice for 5 minutes is huge, more so if they are a defenseman as the Pens defense isn't really as intimidating as it would appear on paper.

It also doesn't hurt that Fluery is completely off his game as of late considering the Pens are allowing almost 4 goals per game recently. Hopefully Bryz will pick up right where he left off upon return, that will be the difference in the postseason.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip649203#clip649203

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
PJStock*

Quote:
i don't know if anyone has posted this before, but i saw this on puck daddy. Holmgren was the first to break the stick over the glass like peter did, pretty funny!

edit: Holy crap listen to the announcers.. epic video. 1991, dale hunter (coach of capitals) assault and colorful language from the announcers

edit: this is getting fun, the guy (Craig Berube) who was holding laviolette back was a former flyer and punched a ref in the face, bloodying him, while attempting to fight Lindy Ruff (Couch of sabres):

Wow, does anyone else think that Holmgren in that 1st video looks just like Michael Douglas in the movie Falling Down?

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote