HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

It's a MartyParty - NJ Devils @ Carolina Hurricanes; 7:00 p.m., PNC Arena

Old
04-01-2012, 12:52 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

vCash: 500
My roommate freshman year was some douchey frat guy who no one really liked, but all said he was pretty respectful as a roommate. Every year after I've lived with the same person/group of people though, and still do even though I graduated a year and a half ago. We've had some awesome times, and they're all among my best friends now.

In contrast, my (now ex) girlfriend throughout school lived with a different girl every year, and sometimes changed each semester. But that was mostly because she sucked as a person and no one could stand her. I was pretty much the only one. Was.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Head Goose
Doing Less Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCane View Post
4 exams for the entire semester.
4 exams for the semester? Does that include the final, or is it 4 exams + final?

I'm pretty jealous if it's the second case, as all of my classes have 3 exams max and then a final. Engineering has 2 freaking exams and a final.

No pressure in going in for engineering to take an exam that counts as 25% of your overall grade or anything. None at all.

Head Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:27 PM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
These stories just make me so excited for college.
It really isn't that bad for everyone. More than likely you'll get someone who is also worried about having a nightmare roommate. My roommate this year is one of my oldest friends and it is going great. Yes I know people say to not do that, but we've known each other since we were five and it has been great so far.

I do have some friends having some problems. My friend at Elon was in his room when his insanely drunk roommate and his even drunker friend came in, tore up most of the room and punch two holes in his wall

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:40 PM
LadyCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
4 exams for the semester? Does that include the final, or is it 4 exams + final?

I'm pretty jealous if it's the second case, as all of my classes have 3 exams max and then a final. Engineering has 2 freaking exams and a final.

No pressure in going in for engineering to take an exam that counts as 25% of your overall grade or anything. None at all.
4 for the semester including final that's weighted exactly the same; lecture is 75%, lab 25%. So you've got a little leeway to have a ****** day, but not very much. Of course, I'm in A&P II right now and it's 5 for the semester counting the final, which is nice. You can tank one exam (**** you, digestive system, that test was ******** ) and still make a perfectly respectable grade in the class.

Engineering classes are designed to crush your GPA and your spirit. My dad's an electrical engineer.

LadyCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
DaveG's tale of woe
I think you've got me beat, Dave. At no time was I under any sort of legal suspicion due to Louis' idiocy - the worst I had was an angry political science professor wanting to know why dude never showed up to class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
These stories just make me so excited for college.
As others have reassured you, it isn't so bad. I made some awesome friends in college and my roommate from freshman year was a genuinely cool dude I keep in touch with (even if he is a Bruins fan). Indirectly the issue with Louis was one of my own making since I chose not to go to the Honors Sophomore housing in favor of going to the Residential College.I wouldn't trade the three years I lived there for anything, though, even with Louis as a partial burden (the very sympathetic assistant principal granted my request for a room change around February of that year when an old friend from high school moved into the building). The friends I made (as well as the stories I can tell that involve crab-infested couches, auto-fellating Mormons, bisexual bulimic skanks, crazy twins, etc.) make up for Louis.

On top of that, all my roommates I had in State while I was in grad school were decent guys and I'm still friends with the three I lived with the longest period of time. Except for that one guy (a roommate who once left his dishes in the sink over winter break and returned to find they'd grown fur and, possibly, intelligence.

Besides that it seems schools are doing mini-personality tests almost now to help ensure roommates are compatible with each other and a good RA or RHD will iron out a roommate issue in no time.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Even though I ***** about my current roommate in my previous post, he is a great friend. We do almost everything together. I'm really sad that we are not living together next year.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:02 PM
LadyCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
The friends I made (as well as the stories I can tell that involve crab-infested couches, auto-fellating Mormons, bisexual bulimic skanks, crazy twins, etc.) make up for Louis.
You cannot possibly drop that into conversation and expect it to go unnoticed.

LadyCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:14 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
The friends I made (as well as the stories I can tell that involve crab-infested couches, auto-fellating Mormons, bisexual bulimic skanks, crazy twins, etc.) make up for Louis.
My own college roommate and I got along great, and remain friends.

A good friend of mine, however, probably had the worst luck. One of his roommates would routinely fall asleep on top of the covers with a firm grip on... well, you know. So you'd walk into his room, and here was this guy passed out, naked, after he finished... you get the picture. Even thinking about it now makes me ill.

He managed to talk that guy into moving to a different room, and the follow-up roommate was there for about a week when one day my cousin walked in after lunch and found the guy sitting on the edge of the bed holding a pistol to his own head, watching TV.

After the pistol guy basically got removed from school for being a complete mental case, he finally settled in on a nice guy from Russia who spent nearly 24/7 playing chess on his computer.

I tell you, it takes all kids.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote