HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Jackets @ Blues, 8PM EST March 31st

Old
03-31-2012, 11:04 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
And this is why I can find a reason to root for almost any team, even Nashville, but never St. Louis....and I love Hitch.

What a classless display by the Blues. The chop on York was the worst of it. Made me long for the days of Jody Shelley, Tyler Wright, et all. I agree the enforcer role is extinct in today's game, but a policeman today would have been nice to have. After the thing with York, the bloodthirsty part of my mind was looking for someone to be Bertuzzi'd. Glad our guys didn't stoop to their level and flat out beat them down the stretch.

Couldn't be happier for York.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:11 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
I am going to have to watch this game again tomorrow. Was watching my nephews, way too distracting. The last period was spent playing Clue and trying to watch this game. Having said that, we had like straight minutes of PP's or something, with the longest damn 5-3 I've ever seen - assuming my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Oh dear lord. JMFJ has almost 10 minutes in PP time alone.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:12 PM
EDM

I agree that the Blues are dirty, whiny and classless. In other words, they are a real Hitch kind of team.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:17 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I agree that the Blues are dirty, whiny and classless. In other words, they are a real Hitch kind of team.
Congrats for living up to the Blues standard. The tend to goon it up a bit. However, uncalled for and not amusing.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:45 PM
CBJCougar

As long as Dorsett is ok, and I really think he is, then tonight's game was about as close to street hockey as I've seen in a long time. The passion was there, the fight was in them. Great to see, even if the season is done.

The Blues were *******s to Dorse. I just really hope he's ok.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:11 AM
EDM

I don't think posting on a message board is comparable to trying to maim another person the way the Blues did to York and Dorse.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

From rakers, Hitch comments on not refs fault!

“The officials were not the issue,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “Not one bit the issue. We were the issue. The officials had nothing to do with it. They called what they saw. What they saw was us taking stupid penalties.
“We probably showed a lack of respect for the opposition.”
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html
Window dressing.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:03 AM
blahblah

Quote:
I don't think posting on a message board is comparable to trying to maim another person the way the Blues did to York and Dorse.
And I don't think claiming that type of activity is a "Hitch type of team" is appropriate, amusing. Frankly it's contemptible.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:04 AM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
If there was ever a question, I think Dorse earned his next contract tonight. That was a man ****ing possessed.
If any current CBJ deserves a "Howsonian" contract, it's #15!

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:17 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bester vaive View Post
If any current CBJ deserves a "Howsonian" contract, it's #15!
I wonder if Howson's contract renewals come gift wrapped with a giant bow on top?

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:53 PM
EdwardG
North!

Dorsett will sign an above-market contract, then be half the player next year (cf. Everyone else Howson has resigned).

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Can't see how any of you guys could pull for the Blews in the playoffs, even before this game. The team has always been a bunch of no class ass hats with a fanbase to match.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
EDM

As far as I am concerned claiming that such activity is typical of a Hitch team is dead on accurate. Not meant as a joke or for amusement. BB, you are a long time Hitchophile. So we will have to agree to disagree.

Old
04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
As far as I am concerned claiming that such activity is typical of a Hitch team is dead on accurate. Not meant as a joke or for amusement. BB, you are a long time Hitchophile. So we will have to agree to disagree.
The Blues were doing this crap long before Hitch came on the scene. I thought they were much worse under Murray.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I think it's safe to say that I consider this to be one of the most ludicrous assertions I've ever seen on this board. And there've been some pretty impressive ones, too!

If anything, Hitch has them more restrained. The pre-Hitch Blues would have been mugging DMFD* before the first period ended. Instead, it took 'till partway into the second for their Goon Squad instincts to emerge.

Incidentally, I enjoyed the hell out of this game.

(*: Dorsett. IMO he earned the moniker after this game.)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
I like the way the Blues play in my opinion the only dirty players they have are Backass and Jackass which happen to just be the two players on there team that I dislike. There an easy team to root for if you ignore those two fools.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I like the way the Blues play in my opinion the only dirty players they have are Backass and Jackass which happen to just be the two players on there team that I dislike. There an easy team to root for if you ignore those two fools.
I know all these words and what they individually mean, but when you put them together like that they just don't make any sense.

Are you sure you're not just a Blues fan who got confused by the similar team names?

Old
04-01-2012, 08:52 PM
blahblah

Quote:
As far as I am concerned claiming that such activity is typical of a Hitch team is dead on accurate.
I call BS. It's crap. I am not even acknowledging that the comment has legitimacy to form the basis to have a disagreement on. It's as if you said the sun was blue and claimed to "agree to disagree".

Old
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
That squad is a vertiable ship of fools.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:14 PM
EDM

Good, call it BS, crap, whatever you want. I don't care.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I call BS. It's crap. I am not even acknowledging that the comment has legitimacy to form the basis to have a disagreement on. It's as if you said the sun was blue and claimed to "agree to disagree".
Well, suppose the sun was feeling very depressed one day...

Old
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I despise Barret Jackman so much. From that permanently annoyed look that he has, to the fact that his mouth always hangs open, to the fact that he feels a compelling need to cross-check someone in the ribs after every whistle...I cannot stand him.

I really hope he signs here in the offseason, mostly because I know he would savage St. Louis every chance he got.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:32 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I despise Barret Jackman so much. From that permanently annoyed look that he has, to the fact that his mouth always hangs open, to the fact that he feels a compelling need to cross-check someone in the ribs after every whistle...I cannot stand him.

I really hope he signs here in the offseason, mostly because I know he would savage St. Louis every chance he got.

I concur that every team needs a few *******s. The Blues have always had their fair share - which has helped them own us over the years. I swear, Vyborny used to turtle.

But we don't need guys like Jackman. Boll and Dorsett are big enough *******s for us (speaking in the on-ice sense of course).

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

I concur that every team needs a few *******s. The Blues have always had their fair share - which has helped them own us over the years. I swear, Vyborny used to turtle.

But we don't need guys like Jackman. Boll and Dorsett are big enough *******s for us (speaking in the on-ice sense of course).
Barret Jackman provides another reason for me to hate him: that missing second "t" in his first name.

Lately though, we've seen a decline in the number of penalties being called overall. Under the post-lockout crackdown, Jackman was looking at being made obsolete due to an inordinate amount of time in the box. Every time there's a crackdown, of course, there's a relaxation. During the ensuing season, he changed his game to stay on the ice a bit more. Really, he's a much better player than before, but he's a bit more in control. Every time he's out there, he seemingly does something that would warrant a penalty, but the natural ebb and flow of penalty crackdowns work in his favor.

At some point, there'll be another crackdown. Maybe that will make him obsolete, like what happened with the initial 2005-06 crackdown. Seriously, it was funny to watch a team like Philly not only regard that as a passing fad but as something that they could force to become a passing fad. Under that looming crackdown, they still signed Mike Rathje. Chris Therien and Derian Hatcher got on board the same day. Kim Johnsson, Eric Desjardins (past his prime), and Joni Pitkanen (young) could move the puck, but there were those three statues out there. Somehow, they decided to pick up Nolan Baumgartner the next year, almost like they didn't believe that the idea of a game shifting more toward faster and more skilled players was going to happen.

Anyone could have seen that trouble was coming, and Philly's collapse was going to happen sooner or later. So on one hand, I'm saying that someone like Jackman could be rendered obsolete if there's another crackdown, even though I believe he's changed his game to adjust in the last few years while most players with rocks in their head can do no such thing. Sign him in the offseason, but don't create an albatross...he'd add the shutdown skill that's been in short supply, and a serious nasty streak.

(And if anyone cracked the code, congratulations! I may disagree with some of our individuals, but I'll always defend the collective.)

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Nordique

Watched this one twice, and I'm keeping the DVR for a while yet.

Dorsett really show cased his abilities tonight, both as a hard forchecker, and a smart agitator.... a pest, thats really what he is. He carried this effort imo, with hard nose gritty play. He works hard everynight and its very pleasing to see him have success.

Hitchcock had nothing to do with the shinanigans by the Blues players. Do you think a guy like Backes needs any encouragement from a coach to goon it up on the ice? Heck no, he's a rough player, and that cost his team in the long run tonight.

STL fans booing the refs, hah. The calls were generous for the home team tonight, despite the crowds reaction. Yes they missed a couple calls both ways, but thats not uncommon. I thought they got lucky several times, particularly when frustration got the better of them and ganged up on Dorsett, and Backes took a few shots on Johansen.

Is York just hot, or is he worth a longer look? What a nice suprise that would be if this is some true indication of his abilities.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote