HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread II

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
I rememeber TSN saying that Beaulieu could skate like Subban. He's perhaps a fast player but is he good in lateral/backward skating?

Old
04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
I rememeber TSN saying that Beaulieu could skate like Subban. He's perhaps a fast player but is he good in lateral/backward skating?
He skates more like Karlsson from what I've seen. I don't think he can get going as quick as Subban, but he's got a nice smooth stride. It's hard to say going backwards, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
He skates more like Karlsson from what I've seen. I don't think he can get going as quick as Subban, but he's got a nice smooth stride. It's hard to say going backwards, but it shouldn't be a problem.
I know he's considered a good to excellent skater but wasn't one of the knocks on him his ability to pivot, at least in one direction? That's fixable of course, I assume he's progressing on it but does anybody know?

Old
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
And that's it for Gallagher's WHL career. 3-1 loss, he was blanked tonight.

Hamilton awaits you, young man.
Too many contracts? His contract doesn't count right now, be wouldn't he be our 51st signed player if he plays in Hamilton?

Old
04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
ngc_5128

If he signs an ATO with Hamilton for the rest of the season, it wouldn't count against the 50 contract limit since it would be an AHL contract.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Agree 100%. Beaulieu reminds me exactly of Karlsson with skating stride..quick and elegant. Subban has alot of moving parts and a more powerful stride IMO

Old
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Elliott Pap ‏ @ElliottPap
WHL: VanGiants wrap-up. Brendan Gallagher not joining Habs farm team in Hamilton; Marek Tvrdon is joining Wings' affiliate in Grand Rapids.

WTF?

Unless he is injured or out of gas, this makes no sense. Hamilton's roster is filled with guys who are not legit prospects, costing them some ice time is no big deal.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
WHL: VanGiants wrap-up. Brendan Gallagher not joining Habs farm team in Hamilton; Marek Tvrdon is joining Wings' affiliate in Grand Rapids.

WTF?

Unless he is injured or out of gas, this makes no sense. Hamilton's roster is filled with guys who are not legit prospects, costing them some ice time is no big deal.
He's had a big season. Hamilton season is over, let him relax a bit and hit the gym sooner.

Old
04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:

WTF?

Well out of gas might be it. Add the Worlds and all, I would have love to see him....but understand he won't IF that's the reason.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Random question. I know some liked Konstantin Korneev in the past, is he any good and is he ever gonna be in our plans? Just curious.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
He's more fluent than Subban. Seems like it's effortless for him to skate. That's clearly one of his strenght.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Random question. I know some liked Konstantin Korneev in the past, is he any good and is he ever gonna be in our plans? Just curious.
He is not in the plans. They tried to bring Emelin over a few times over the years but, according to Brunet, there was no negotiations with Korneev. i don't think he could be efective in the NHL due to his serious lack of strength and below avarage skating. Our D is small as it is and adding someone like Korneev would make no sense. The good news is that the next wave has plenty of size and physicality in Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Beakermania*

Korneev could be good but he's redundant on a D that already has too many non physical puck moving dmen. One of diaz/weber already has to go.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Re : Kristo

If he wanted to go back to win a championship, his sink just sailed. Brock Nelson, their 1st line center, won't be returning next year as he signed an ELC with the Isles. I think it's a good news for Habs.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post

If he wanted to go back to win a championship, his sink just sailed. Brock Nelson, their 1st line center, won't be returning next year as he signed an ELC with the Isles. I think it's a good news for Habs.
Was just going to post this.

Unless ND is has some stud center prospect coming in, this really hurts their chances at winning next season.

It also means MacMillan could become an even bigger part of their team next season.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post

I'm not sure if you meant to write it that way as a joke, but 'his sink just sailed' made me lol.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Was just going to post this.

Unless ND is has some stud center prospect coming in, this really hurts their chances at winning next season.

It also means MacMillan could become an even bigger part of their team next season.
Rocco Grimaldi didn't play much this year due to injury, but yeah.

I really hope this means Kristo is leaving, and brings Aaron Dell with him.

On twitter the UND fans are freaking out, they all assume this means Kristo is next as there were rumors that Nelson, Kristo and Forbort had a pact to either all go to the NHL or all come out of school together.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Great news then, if true.

Gallagher wanted to go to Hamilton to finish the year:

Marc Antoine Godin ‏ @MAGodin
Brendan Gallagher aurait pu rejoindre les Bulldogs (il le souhaitait) mais la direction du Canadien l'a avisé qu'elle ne le rappellerait pas

So who do we blame? Carriere?

Old
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
jake1

Rumor is Dell may sign, but I'm not sure with which team. I would guess we hear soon. I think he has a chance to eventually play in the NHL.

I also think Kristo signs, and contrary to popular opinion, I think he plays a good number of NHL games next year. He's got all the tools, and he really matured as an all-around player.

Will the Habs lack of a GM hinder these signings?

Old
04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
So who do we blame? Carriere?
Well not THAT big of a deal. But anybody who was looking for a reason to not like Carrière...here it is and guess what....I don't like Carrière....

I don't know why the heck would you not want him if the kid wants to go. Makes no sense to me.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
OneSharpMarble

How is Ellis looking this year? I remember people saying he was playing really well but can't find much on him. Think he will get some time with the big club?

Old
04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Protest the Hero

Even after putting up a PPG since his trade to Shawinigan, and 7 points in 4 playoff games so far, he's still flying under the radar. He's my dark horse coming out of camp next season. Plus being a right handed shot, he has less people in front of him, possibly battling for a spot against Diaz.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:54 PM
TheBuriedHab

Is the Gallagher thing contract related by any chance to us being at the 50 contract limit? I heard something about being at the limit, not sure how all that stuff works.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Is the Gallagher thing contract related by any chance to us being at the 50 contract limit? I heard something about being at the limit, not sure how all that stuff works.
You could give him an ATO to play in the AHL. That wouldn't count against the 50 contracts limit. So no, it shouldn't be contract-related.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

In "reading between the lines" episode, what can this tweet by Kristo really means? https://twitter.com/#!/dkristo7/stat...49878211485696

Can it mean he's staying there at least till now? I really can't believe it if that happens. We need this guy in Hamilton next year. People who thinks he's not that big of a deal have it wrong. This guy will be a good NHL'er. Might have his weaknesses, but who doesn't.

Closed Thread