HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3.31.12 Hawks @ Preds 500 and counting

Old
04-01-2012, 10:23 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
You have a weird definition of consistent
what players from that list have been inconsistent? im not talking .. "oh goodness, fisher hasnt scored in 4 games" or "where's halischuk? I havent noticed him with his 10 minutes of ice time...."

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:59 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
what players from that list have been inconsistent? im not talking .. "oh goodness, fisher hasnt scored in 4 games" or "where's halischuk? I havent noticed him with his 10 minutes of ice time...."
Hornqvist for one. He had a period of something like 1 goal in 20 games. That's inconsistent.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Hornqvist for one. He had a period of something like 1 goal in 20 games. That's inconsistent.
he goes to the net... he will have streaks. but you know what you get with him

Old
04-02-2012, 12:01 AM
cleangene

And Horns would cause more penalities to be called if there's ever a rule against choking a player entered into the rulebook.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
he goes to the net... he will have streaks. but you know what you get with him
You mean like....every other player on the team?

I don't think I can name a guy that's been consistent throughout the year. Maybe if you take an average from month to month...Pekka Rinne. That's about it.

Legwand, like everyone else on the freakin' team, has his hot streaks and cold streaks.

Leave him with Radulov...there seems to be some chemistry there, and that's bound to help boost Leggy's scoring.

Let's not forget that he was our best forward in last year's playoffs.

I'm not worried about him. I'm more worried about Sergei Kostitsyn at the moment.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 05:52 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
The guys had a lot of heart tonight even though the season ticketholders again sold a ton of tickets which were obviously blackhawks fans. It is sickening that other teams are having the showing they are in the Preds house.
Right, because it's the season ticket holders fault. They all got together and decided they were going to all sell them for this one game. Don't even blame them. First of all we don't have that amount of season ticket holders down in the lower bowl where most of the Hawk fans were. Second I think it could, maybe, be possible that the Hawk fans actually bought the tickets way in advance while planning a trip to Nashville. It's not STH's fault that Hawks suddenly have so many more fans than ever showed up before. (of course I won't say the obvious...if you don't want to see other teams fans in our arena there are things you could do...)

Can't stand when the team doesn't come out ready to play. Especially against a team that they KNOW is going to be out for revenge for a 6-1 game in their own building and that is chasing them for home ice.

Almost an epic comeback. But once they tied it they let up and Chicago took advantage.

Radulov's goal....that was just, wow. Please, please, please stay for a long time. He should tell Suter, 'I came all the way back from Russia and I'm staying for a long time, you should, too.' If they kept asking Rads when he was coming back he should be asking Suter when he's going to sign.

Also, Seabrook should play for Detroit, he would be a perfect fit. After almost every whistle when he was on the ice he went straight to the refs to whine about something.

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I find the "Legwand is inconsistent" talk a bit absurd.

In his first twenty games Legwand registered 15 points. Pretty good. He was scoring at a .75 PPG pace, but that's obviously too high for Legwand to sustain, right?

In his next twenty he scored 12 points, or a .60 PPG pace. A drop, yes, but only by three points. Nothing incredible.

In his next twenty he scored 13 points, or a .65 PPG pace. A slight improvement, but not quite up to his beginning of the season tear.

In his last 15 games he has 12 points, good for a .80 PPG pace.

His production fluctuates, yes, as does everyone else's. I fail to see any huge drop offs that would point to the need to be so gung-ho with the "inconsistent" talk. The guy has been producing essentially the same throughout the season.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:05 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Right, because it's the season ticket holders fault. They all got together and decided they were going to all sell them for this one game. Don't even blame them. First of all we don't have that amount of season ticket holders down in the lower bowl where most of the Hawk fans were. Second I think it could, maybe, be possible that the Hawk fans actually bought the tickets way in advance while planning a trip to Nashville. It's not STH's fault that Hawks suddenly have so many more fans than ever showed up before. (of course I won't say the obvious...if you don't want to see other teams fans in our arena there are things you could do...)

Can't stand when the team doesn't come out ready to play. Especially against a team that they KNOW is going to be out for revenge for a 6-1 game in their own building and that is chasing them for home ice.

Almost an epic comeback. But once they tied it they let up and Chicago took advantage.

Radulov's goal....that was just, wow. Please, please, please stay for a long time. He should tell Suter, 'I came all the way back from Russia and I'm staying for a long time, you should, too.' If they kept asking Rads when he was coming back he should be asking Suter when he's going to sign.

Also, Seabrook should play for Detroit, he would be a perfect fit. After almost every whistle when he was on the ice he went straight to the refs to whine about something.
Oh so now you know the exact numbers of how many Preds fans have season tickets in the lower bowl??? I dont think so. 85% or better in the lower middle areas are season ticket holders. I know this to be a fact. If you do not believe it try to get season tickets in that area next year. I have been to atleast 18 games this year so i have done my part. I also have playoff tickets for the first two rounds.
Check out stub hub, craigslist, and other sites before the games. FULL of season ticket holders selling their tickets for double and triple value. Every hawks and wings game is the same way. Went to a hawks game on Thursday night and it was full of hawks fans like Saturday night. I also went to a Wings game on a Saturday night and before the game around the arena you would have thought you were in Detroit. The lower bowl looked to have more wings than Preds fans.

Facts are facts.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: "hoss" is getting old
VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:14 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
And of course Legwand is equally to blame for the comeback being necessary to begin with, right? No, no, he had the high-profile moment of weakness, so CLEARLY it's all HIS fault.

Singling out your favorite target when the whole team screwed up in the first half of the game is a bit transparent and very silly.
I mentioned several reasons other than Legwand for the loss.
Not a word in my post said the game was Legwands fault. I did however type facts that he had a lack of hustle after falling down and let his man skate in untouched to the net for a pass. A lack of want to and hustle help you lose games.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: being a bit bossy there
VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Shea Weber

Even after a tough loss like that, I am very proud of this team's fight to get back to tie the game at 4. How we got to 0-4 is another story of course....but there's something special about this team. We know that they will fight hard no matter what. Good stuff. Can't wait to see what happens in the playoffs.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I mentioned several reasons other than Legwand for the loss.
Not a word in my post said the game was Legwands fault. I did however type facts that he had a lack of hustle after falling down and let his man skate in untouched to the net for a pass. A lack of want to and hustle help you lose games.
He gets tangled with Seabrook causing him to fall down. Once he falls down, how is he supposed to get back in the play with a guy who is already on his skates and moving towards the net? Seabrook had a head start and would've beaten anyone to the spot because of his man falling down. Why is Legwand defending a defenseman anyway? The center is usually responsible for marking the other teams center. Seems like a winger wasn't doing his job by taking care of the defenseman in the play. So the rotation got messed up and Legwand had to cover for someone else.

I find it funny that we can pin it on a player for losing a game but the hole that was dug up til that point was a team effort. Hmmmm, teams lose games, not players. Hate on Legwand, Klein, Bouillon, Wilson, Trotz, Poile, whoever you want. I don't care because at the end of the day, we're going to the playoffs yet again with a roster that is made up of a team as opposed to individual players. Lots of people around here want to see the trees of the forrest as opposed to the forrest. We have a great team. We have a young team. Enjoy the freaking game as opposed to breaking down one play that led to a goal. Let the coaches analyze the film and figure out where we can get better. This fan base amazes me with the name calling and absurdity of posts that complain about every little freaking thing. For the love of all things holy, stop for a few minutes and smell the roses.

We clinched a playoff birth before the last week of the season. Did anyone rejoice in this? Probably not. Trotz got win number 500 on the road in Detroit. Anyone rejoice then? Erat and Suter broke their career high for points in a season on Saturday night? Anyone take note? Legwand with over 500 points in his career on Saturday night too. Radulov with one of the sicker goals I've seen in a long while. So we lost. Big deal. Did we give up? No. Did we come out lethargic and try to get back in a game we had no business winning? Yes. While I'm not thrilled about the way the game started or ended, the guys show resiliency time and time again. This on top of playing a back to back and playing their 5th game in an 8 day period. Give the guys some credit here for once as opposed to ripping them to shreds and each other.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: edited quote/edited post to fit first edit
Old
04-02-2012, 11:54 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I find the "Legwand is inconsistent" talk a bit absurd.

In his first twenty games Legwand registered 15 points. Pretty good. He was scoring at a .75 PPG pace, but that's obviously too high for Legwand to sustain, right?

In his next twenty he scored 12 points, or a .60 PPG pace. A drop, yes, but only by three points. Nothing incredible.

In his next twenty he scored 13 points, or a .65 PPG pace. A slight improvement, but not quite up to his beginning of the season tear.

In his last 15 games he has 12 points, good for a .80 PPG pace.

His production fluctuates, yes, as does everyone else's. I fail to see any huge drop offs that would point to the need to be so gung-ho with the "inconsistent" talk. The guy has been producing essentially the same throughout the season.
Didn't he have 15 points in his 1st 15? That's what people said was unsustainable.

.65 ppg for a 1st/2nd cetner is really the bare minimum you'd expect from someone getting 18 minutes a games and substantial powerplay time.

Everyone talks about his "intangibles" so when a play like that happens that costs us the game because he's being lazy he deserves to be called out-- more so, I hope his coaches and teammates let him hear it.

Legwand has played decent this season, but still his EFFORT is inconsistent and his play in the offensive zone generic 98% of the time. We need more than generically decent.

I look forward to the day we can upgrade him and a get a real scoringline center who EXCELS in the offensive zone.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Didn't he have 15 points in his 1st 15? That's what people said was unsustainable.

.65 ppg for a 1st/2nd cetner is really the bare minimum you'd expect from someone getting 18 minutes a games and substantial powerplay time.

Everyone talks about his "intangibles" so when a play like that happens that costs us the game because he's being lazy he deserves to be called out-- more so, I hope his coaches and teammates let him hear it.

Legwand has played decent this season, but stil his EFFORT is inconsistent and his play in the offensive zone generic 98% of the time.

I look forward to the day we can upgrade him and a get a real scoringline center who EXCELS in the offensive zone.
Look up the words consistent and production. You're talking about two different things. No one is saying he shouldn't produce more. Most of us have wanted that for years. It's not going to happen so get over it already. As far as the consistency issue, TMI was doing a breakdown of his scoring over 20 game sections and showed his scoring did not drop or soar dramatically over the course of the season, hence the term, consistency. He is what he is. He produces consistent offensive numbers over the course of a season. He does not produce 1st line center numbers, never has, never will.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: personal
Old
04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
see: Smith, Craig

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:05 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Look up the words consistent and production. You're talking about two different things. No one is saying he shouldn't produce more. Most of us have wanted that for years. It's not going to happen so get over it already. As far as the consistency issue, TMI was doing a breakdown of his scoring over 20 game sections and showed his scoring did not drop or soar dramatically over the course of the season, hence the term, consistency. He is what he is. He produces consistent offensive numbers over the course of a season. He does not produce 1st line center numbers, never has, never will.
I don't hate Legwand, I just hate that we've had to use him a scoring-line center for most of his career. And I strongly dislike his inconsistent & complacent effort.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: personal
Old
04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
PhoneGuy

On a brighter note, kudos to the Blackhawks for giving Trotzy stick taps after the tribute video for his 500th win. Even the Hawks fans around us stood and applauded. That almost made up for them singing Chelsea Dagger more times than I cared to hear.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:14 PM
NoNecksCurse

he has been inconsistent this year alot imo.. numbers are great.. and ill agree he has put up solid numbers. but mike fisher has been our shutdown center imo or at least better at it.

I guess I'm just one that feels we could use legwands money elsewhere and better. just my opinion. he is very important to this teams success though. I expect him to be completely invisible in the playoffs

Old
04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
he has been inconsistent this year alot imo.. numbers are great.. and ill agree he has put up solid numbers. but mike fisher has been our shutdown center imo or at least better at it.

I guess I'm just one that feels we could use legwands money elsewhere and better. just my opinion. he is very important to this teams success though. I expect him to be completely invisible in the playoffs
Typically Legwand turns up his compete level in the playoffs... so I expect to see more out of him.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Two parts here...

First, Legwand invisible in the playoffs? Isn't he one of the players who every year seems to have stepped up his effort in the playoffs? He gets the treatment from the fans through the regular season and then they all say "well he did bring it in the playoffs". With the exception of this year, he really hasn't been discussed until now for some reason.

Second, If Legwand's money is better spent elsewhere. Lets see a list of players that the Preds should give $4.5M to who are going to give us 50 points.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:25 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
I don't hate Legwand, I just hate that we've had to use him a scoring-line center for most of his career. And I strongly dislike his inconsistent & complacent effort.
Because you don't read what people post and contort your answers. Someone brings up a discussion of consistency, proves it with stats and you talk about how he doesn't produce enough.

You don't hate Legwand? Really? If what you say is true be mad at Poile and Trotz for having to put him out there in a role you don't like him in. Big difference. Problem being that it turns into Legwand doesn't produce for us like he should. Funny thing is, he puts up the same numbers and defensive effort year in and year out and while the production isn't where we'd like it, the consistency and effort is there. This is also a guy who has played on one leg at times yet we question his efforts?

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: quote/personal
Old
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
NoNecksCurse

I know he has stepped it up in the past playoffs so to say. more of a feeling if anything..

and as far as money being spent better than on legwand.. I'm sure its been done before and the conclusion was while some perform better. legwand was better than most, yes.

but as far as our team make up, I think we could use someone that creates offense in legwand role instead of forcing him on a top line. he is a good player and I like him.. thinks he brings alot when he is giving it all and focused

Old
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think I need to take a look at the recent posts in this thread.

We will return shortly

Old
04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Wouldn't those rules have killed the journalistic efforts of Woodward & Bernstein during Watergate?
Luckily for the world, HF Boards isn't being tasked with uncovering scandals involving high ranking government officials

Old
04-02-2012, 01:01 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Ok I just went back through posts made since Saturday night, and tried to remove anything that looked like a personal shot or a violation of the rules otherwise.

I'm tired of telling people this, so this is the last warning. Personal comments of a negative nature will not longer be tolerated at all. Warnings have not worked, so from now on the tools we will be using to attempt to correct what seems to be a habitual problem for a handful of posters will be thread bans, infractions, and, if those don't work, forum bans. I'm sick of it. I'm sure Seth and Mike are sick of it, too.

We are all Predators fans here, are we not? Do we not all get the same thrills out of watching this team win, and do we not all feel let down when they lose? Do we not all hope that this team can bring the Cup to Nashville? Do we not all spend our money, sometimes stupidly in my case, on Predators gear, and don't we all wear that gear with our heads up? What is the problem? Most of us are adults around here, and those who are not are at least old enough to know how to communicate like an adult.

Respect. If no other word enters your mind as you talk to your fellow Preds fans then "respect" should.

No more warnings. Anyone who doesn't believe me can feel free to test it. I guarantee you will not be pleased by my response to that test. Honestly, I'm beyond caring if I hurt someone's feelings. I'm tired of being nice.

Last edited by TMI: 04-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 01:09 PM
glenngineer

TMI, sorry.