HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXXVI (We Three Tanks Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

vCash: 500
I cant wait for the Flyers-Penguins series

Old
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Bottom 3 boys and girls! We have to make up at least 5 points with only 6 available to drop out with other teams not winning any games. It's like a 95% probability.
Was it last season when we had a great start (or the year before) and we had all these %s at the end of the year for making the playoffs. I remember it hilariously (and frighteningly at the time) dropping from ~95% to 90 to 80 to 70 to you get my point, very quickly. I'm gonna go ahead and put a #RJ on this.

Go Tank Go!

Old
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
They don't play Carolina, They Play the Sabres, Tampa and Habs. We play Carolina.

Oilers play the Kings tomorrow, Anaheim and Canuks.

We play Tampa and Carolina back to back! Then we head to Tarana.
what is awesome is that we play Tampa in MTL at 7:30
and the next evening they play in CAROLINA at 7:00

Old
04-02-2012, 10:49 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
what is awesome is that we play Tampa in MTL at 7:30
and the next evening they play in CAROLINA at 7:00
Yeah...losing against Tampa and Edm winning another game and I am 100% sure we end up 2nd. Can't see us winning a back to back game in Raleigh where we usually suck and they will want to redeem themselves for a humiliating 5-0 loss against the devils. Finally, like it or not, the leafs ALWAYS play well in MTL and they are playing better lately. And please, no more loser points!

Old
04-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Boston peaking at the right time. Having FOR SURE to not have to face one of Philly or Pittsburgh. Everything is written for them to go far again this year whether we like it or not....unfortunately. Takes a whole lot of talent to win the Cup. Takes a whole lot of chance as well. And this stupid standings rule, which makes no sense whatsoever, will help the Bruins go far this year once again.

In the West....it wouldn,t be surprising at all, if the standings stay the same, to see a team like Quebec....euh Phoenix beat St.Louis. Not surprising whatsoever. There are so many possible upsets in the West that could be in order while it shouldn't be that way in the East. But like I said before, it wouldn't be surprising to see that the Western team who will get out of that conference will be all beat up, while the Eastern winner will have a much easier route...making the Eastern winner a favorite in this. Let's hope it's ABB.....

Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Our chances of landing Grigorenko are increasing!!!!!
I don't think the Oilers take Grigorenko even if they get the 2nd pick. They haven't exactly drafted many Russians in the last... well, forever.

EDIT: Obviously, they would make an exception for Yakupov.

Last edited by Asher: 04-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old
04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I don't think the Oilers take Grigorenko even if they get the 2nd pick. They haven't exactly drafted many Russians in the last... well, forever.

EDIT: Obviously, they would make an exception for Yakupov.
I dont consider them "russian" cause they already play in NA.

real Russian were Cherepanov, Ovechkin, Malkin, Emelin.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:34 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
I dont consider them "russian" cause they already play in NA.

real Russian were Cherepanov, Ovechkin, Malkin, Emelin.
Radulov isn't Russian then? Why is it he bolted to the KHL?

Grigorenko has spent one year in Quebec City, it doesn't make him Canadian or a Quebecer, it only means its certain he's interested in playing in north america at least.

I do wonder however if he picked up some french. French is actually slightly (very slightly) easier to learn than english for russian speakers. Well thats what I was told.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Radulov isn't Russian then? Why is it he bolted to the KHL?

Grigorenko has spent one year in Quebec City, it doesn't make him Canadian or a Quebecer, it only means its certain he's interested in playing in north america at least.

I do wonder however if he picked up some french. French is actually slightly (very slightly) easier to learn than english for russian speakers. Well thats what I was told.
He is an exception in that case

I dont see edmonton drafting a D in 2nd overall

they can draft Grigorenko and trade him for Dumba + late first or 1st 2013 if they really want a D

Old
04-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Asher

Quote:
He is an exception in that case

I dont see edmonton drafting a D in 2nd overall

they can draft Grigorenko and trade him for Dumba + late first or 1st 2013 if they really want a D
I think you'd be surprised. They shown a definite slant towards Canadian/WHL/Western Canadian players in the past. I look at WHL players Murray (from Sask) and Dumba (from Calgary), and I can easily see them getting chosen over the Russian who plays in the Q. Not to mention there have been subtle rumblings about Grigorenko's work ethic and I could see that being enough to scare the Oilers away. Tambellini likes to make safe picks. Murray is a safe pick. The two are a match made in heaven.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:05 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I think you'd be surprised. They shown a definite slant towards Canadian/WHL/Western Canadian players in the past. I look at WHL players Murray (from Sask) and Dumba (from Calgary), and I can easily see them getting chosen over the Russian who plays in the Q. Not to mention there have been subtle rumblings about Grigorenko's work ethic and I could see that being enough to scare the Oilers away. Tambellini likes to make safe picks. Murray is a safe pick. The two are a match made in heaven.
never thought of this.

you may be right

If im not wrong, the central scouting will publish the final rank in mid april?

Old
04-02-2012, 12:15 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Anyone else seen this cat fight between Lucic's gf and Corey Scheider's gf? It's hilarious. And given his own physical attributes, I'm not surprised that Lucic is dating a girl who's grasp of the english language is comparable to an advanced primate.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...medium=twitter

Last edited by The Gal Pals: 04-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Asher

Quote:
never thought of this.

you may be right

If im not wrong, the central scouting will publish the final rank in mid april?
I believe so. There was a great post on the Oilers board that gave examples of players the Oilers drafted ahead of higher ranked Russian players. I'll quote it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
The Oilers / Stu don't draft Russians.

Eberle > Petrov, Grachev
Paajarvi > Kulikov (who also played in the Q)
Lander > Orlov
Marincin/Hamilton > Galiev (QMJHL)
Musil > Khokhlachev

All of the Russians were listed as better prospects. I know none of the above is in Grigorenko's league as a prospect, but I still think the Oilers would rather take Murray or Dumba.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Anyone else seen this cat fight between Lucic's gf and Corey Scheider's gf? It's hilarious. I'm also not surprised that Lucic is dating a girl who's grasp of the english language is comparable to an advanced primate.

I am not jealous of Lucic in this instance. She looks like a backup cast member from Jersey Shore, about as smart too.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Anyone else seen this cat fight between Lucic's gf and Corey Scheider's gf? It's hilarious. I'm also not surprised that Lucic is dating a girl who's grasp of the english language is comparable to an advanced primate.

Wow Schneiders GF fingered her eh? And she is complaining?

Old
04-02-2012, 01:05 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
Not sure if she meant that Schneider's gf gave her the finger or did the sexual act... I'm betting the former but she's too stupid to know the difference. I think we have a sequel to the movie "Freddy Got Fingered" in the making right here.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Not sure if she meant that Schneider's gf gave her the finger or did the sexual act... I'm betting the former but she's too stupid to know the difference. I think we have a sequel to the movie "Freddy Got Fingered" in the making right here.
its the 1st one

Corey GF sent a FU to Milan's GF (Brittany).

Brittany is from Vancouver while Shneider`s GF is from Boston

I love the comment in the link provided

"was it the big finger she fingered you with?"

Old
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Hahaha, I know she meant gave her the finger but its too funny the way she worded it. "She fingered me right there in the stands!"

Old
04-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Long nails probably.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Boston peaking at the right time. Having FOR SURE to not have to face one of Philly or Pittsburgh. Everything is written for them to go far again this year whether we like it or not....unfortunately. Takes a whole lot of talent to win the Cup. Takes a whole lot of chance as well. And this stupid standings rule, which makes no sense whatsoever, will help the Bruins go far this year once again.

In the West....it wouldn,t be surprising at all, if the standings stay the same, to see a team like Quebec....euh Phoenix beat St.Louis. Not surprising whatsoever. There are so many possible upsets in the West that could be in order while it shouldn't be that way in the East. But like I said before, it wouldn't be surprising to see that the Western team who will get out of that conference will be all beat up, while the Eastern winner will have a much easier route...making the Eastern winner a favorite in this. Let's hope it's ABB.....
They are full of it. Was talking this morning about it guessing who would wa take in our pool and the Bruins get the sens in round 1, and if the Panthers can eliminate the Devils would get the Panthers in round 2. Meanwhile the Pens, Flyers and Rangers and Caps will all be killing each other in the 2 1st rounds. Unreal I hope the Devils win

Old
04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Wow that Brittany lass really doesn't sound like she's an intellectual person to say the least.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Wow that Brittany lass really doesn't sound like she's an intellectual person to say the least.
She's dating lucic.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:39 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
You'd think she'd care enough to throw her shoes at her too. Classless.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I actually think Boston could get upset by Ottawa. So long as Ottawa gets good goaltending. If they get to face swiss cheese goalies again, then they might squeak out victors again.

I actually wouldn't be surprised this year to see all the bottom seed in the East beat out the top seeds.
Likewise in the West except for Vancouver.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Anyone else seen this cat fight between Lucic's gf and Corey Scheider's gf? It's hilarious. And given his own physical attributes, I'm not surprised that Lucic is dating a girl who's grasp of the english language is comparable to an advanced primate.

After reading her comments I would bet anything that Schneider's girlfriend had a good reason to flip her the bird. She seems like trailer trash with her responses on twitter. Wasn't she in an altercation laying drunk on the sidewalk missing her shoes while arguing with Lucic? Yea right she has class I would dump any woman on the spot with a mouth and public drunkenness she displayed. Of course she seems perfect for Lucic. Cavewoman meets Caveman.

Closed Thread