Old
03-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Well there you go.

So what`s the difference between Machacek and Flood when it comes to waivers? Does Flood have veteran status that requires him to clear waivers every time he goes up and down between AHL/NHL? Does Machacek only have to clear once for the year? Or doesn`t have to clear after the trade deadline?
Both Machacek and Flood had to clear waivers at the start of the year since they both qualify for waivers (see waiver rules here). Two-way contracts do (indirectly) effect re-entry waivers for calling up, that's a whole other issue.

There is no veteran status or anything, once are waiver eligible, you are waiver eligible. Now, once you have cleared waivers, you may be re-assigned to AHL at any time. Both Flood and Machacek were. Now Flood was recalled. Once he has been recalled, he then has a period of 30 days on the pro roster OR 10 games played (whichever comes first) where he can be re-assigned back the AHL without clearing waivers. Flood has obviously went over that limit, so he must once again clear waivers to be sent back down. Had Machacek been up and on the roster for that amount of time, he would similarly had to clear waivers again.

Now if Machacek finishes the season here, he will surpass that limit (currently at 9 games, 7 on current call-up but they all count). However since he is on emergency recall, I believe that this rule does not apply to him. The downside of emergency recall is that the second the Jets have 12 healthy forwards, he would be required to be sent down. (Just as when the Jets got to 11 healthy forwards they were forced to send Maxwell down).

Waivers are in effect until the end of the season. However anybody claimed off waivers by another team is ineligible to play for the claiming team in playoffs.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Both Machacek and Flood had to clear waivers at the start of the year since they both qualify for waivers (see waiver rules here). Two-way contracts do (indirectly) effect re-entry waivers for calling up, that's a whole other issue.

There is no veteran status or anything, once are waiver eligible, you are waiver eligible. Now, once you have cleared waivers, you may be re-assigned to AHL at any time. Both Flood and Machacek were. Now Flood was recalled. Once he has been recalled, he then has a period of 30 days on the pro roster OR 10 games played (whichever comes first) where he can be re-assigned back the AHL without clearing waivers. Flood has obviously went over that limit, so he must once again clear waivers to be sent back down. Had Machacek been up and on the roster for that amount of time, he would similarly had to clear waivers again.

Now if Machacek finishes the season here, he will surpass that limit (currently at 9 games, 7 on current call-up but they all count). However since he is on emergency recall, I believe that this rule does not apply to him. The downside of emergency recall is that the second the Jets have 12 healthy forwards, he would be required to be sent down. (Just as when the Jets got to 11 healthy forwards they were forced to send Maxwell down).

Waivers are in effect until the end of the season. However anybody claimed off waivers by another team is ineligible to play for the claiming team in playoffs.
Thanks. More complicated than I had even anticipated. I apologize if I remain somewhat ignorant on the matter in the future.

Old
03-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Thanks. More complicated than I had even anticipated. I apologize if I remain somewhat ignorant on the matter in the future.
No worries, I am here to help clear things up . But with a new CBA coming, that means all these rules are going to be tweaked/changed, so I will have to relearn them . I'm such a nerd that I have read quite a bit of the CBA, (the relevant stuff anyways).

I would love if one day the NHL games will stop making the waiver eligibility based on one-way/two-way contracts and actually implement some of the real rules. They constantly mess people up, then these myths get spread around as fact and people mix rules up. Drives me nuts (Not saying you learned from NHL games, but the one-way/two-way myth started with NHL games and is now one of the biggest misconceptions people have about NHL rules).

Old
03-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
I would love if one day the NHL games will stop making the waiver eligibility based on one-way/two-way contracts and actually implement some of the real rules. They constantly mess people up, then these myths get spread around as fact and people mix rules up. Drives me nuts (Not saying you learned from NHL games, but the one-way/two-way myth started with NHL games and is now one of the biggest misconceptions people have about NHL rules).
Eastside Hockey Manager 2007, bro.

I can't really get into those sports management simulators that are mainly text-based, but apparently EHM has everything properly implemented from the CBA, right down to the waiver system. Not sure why EA can't implement that in their NHL games, but whatever.

Alright, I'm done with this nerdy tangent.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Eastside Hockey Manager 2007, bro.

I can't really get into those sports management simulators that are mainly text-based, but apparently EHM has everything properly implemented from the CBA, right down to the waiver system. Not sure why EA can't implement that in their NHL games, but whatever.

Alright, I'm done with this nerdy tangent.
Buddy the freeware EHM WAS my junior high/high school/18-20 year old days. I have put more hours into the freeware (which is fairly good with the rules as well) than probably anything else in my life other than playing hockey

Have altogether probably put 100-150 hours into the NHL EHM as well. Desperate for a new hockey sports management game to come out, I LOVE those things (NHL:EHM 07 is too dated for me now, plus I know who develops where, it's easy to stack my team ). In fact I am so desperate I just bought Championship Manager 2012 off of Steam, which is like NHL:EHM but much more in depth and.......soccer. I don't even know the positions in soccer The learning curve is steep to say the least.

Cool fact. I am in NHL:EHM 07 as a prospect

Old
03-31-2012, 06:00 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Saturday, March 31, 2012

St. John's IceCaps 3 Hershey Bears 2
(FINAL)

Game Summary
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009672

Scoring
1. HER Carman, (9) (Collins), 12:36
1. STJ Cormier, (16) (Klingberg, Albert), 16:24 (SH)
2. STJ Kulda, (6) (Redmond), 10:26
3. STJ Cormier, (17) (Kulda, King), 8:34
3. HER Potulny, (28) (Greentree, Kundratek), 19:46

Starting Goaltender
Chris Carrozzi

Notes
Bears outshoot IceCaps 26-25. St.John's go 0/3 on the PP, 6/6 on the PK and take 14 PIM.

Win tonight clinches Atlantic Division title for the 'Caps.

St.John's now go home for a two game set versus the Portland Pirates (Tues & Wed) and then a two game set versus the Springfield Falcons (next Sat & Sun). They then end the regular season with 3 road games in 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun Apr 13, 14, 15)

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-31-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, March 31

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, March 31

Mississauga St. Michaels Majors 1 Barrie Colts 2 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61463

(Barrie leads series 3-2)

Mark Scheifele, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-0

Ivan Telegin, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus +1, PIM-0

Oshawa Generals 3 Niagara IceDogs 5 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61460

(Niagara leads series 3-2)

Julian Melchiori, OSH; G-1, A-1, Plus/Minus -1, PIM-0
Julian scores the Generals second goal, then assists on their third goal

Tomorrow's Game
Niagara IceDogs @ Oshawa Generals (Julian Melchiori) -- Niagara leads series 3-2

Monday's Games
Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) @ Mississauga St. Michaels Majors -- Barrie leads series 3-2
Ottawa 67's @ Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard) -- Ottawa leads series 3-2

Tuesday's Games
Oshawa Generals (Julian Melchiori) @ Niagara IceDogs *
Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard) @ Ottawa 67's *
Mississauga St. Michaels Majors @ Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) *

* if required

Friday's Games
Medicine Hat Tigers @ Moose Jaw Warriors (Kendall McFaull) -- 1st game of second round
Vancouver or Spokane @ Tri-City Americans (Zach Yuen) -- 1st game of second round

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-31-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Good to see Carrozzi get the start (only his career AHL start). He is having a solid season with the Ontario Reign (2.27gaa, .922svp) of the ECHL. It should be a Pasquale/Carrozzi tandem in St. John's next year.

Also I am torn about whether I want Barrie to win that series or not. Scheifele and Telegin could really benefit from (and greatly help) the playoff run in St. John's.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:13 PM
krazy kanuck

Scheifele injured on a check from behind.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Uh oh - badly?

Old
03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Uh oh - badly?
Happened early third, he did not return. I expect he is concussed. That's the second or third time he's been hit from behind in that exact corner. I expect the offending player to be suspended - should be 8 - 10 games.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
****!

Old
03-31-2012, 09:13 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
****!

Bad news about Schiefle. Caps getting two points tonight clinched their division.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

HOLY ****!!!! Norfolk's current streak is...22-0-0-0. Wow. Just wow. That is insane.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Diatidialga

vCash: 50
Quote:
HOLY ****!!!! Norfolk's current streak is...22-0-0-0. Wow. Just wow. That is insane.
Good God!

Is Gretzky, Howe and Malkin their first line?

Old
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Happened early third, he did not return. I expect he is concussed. That's the second or third time he's been hit from behind in that exact corner. I expect the offending player to be suspended - should be 8 - 10 games.
That really sucks

Old
03-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
Bad news about Schiefle. Caps getting two points tonight clinched their division.
Awesome. Let's go IceCaps

Old
04-01-2012, 04:54 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Sunday, April 1

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Sunday, April 1

Niagara IceDogs 4 Oshawa Generals 1 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61467

Julian Melchiori, OSH; G-1, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-0
Julian pots his 2nd goal of the play-offs to get the Generals only goal

(Niagara wins series 4-2)

Tomorrow's Games
Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) @ Mississauga St. Michaels Majors -- Barrie leads series 3-2
Ottawa 67's @ Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard) -- Ottawa leads series 3-2

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 04-01-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Looks like someone posted on the Barrie thread that Mark was skating today (or yesterday, can't remember).

Hopefully he will be ok and Barrie can win this series.

I guess the silver lining is that if Barrie does not win the series, Scheifele and Telegin could get some time in St. Johns. The question would be, is there room on the Ice Caps roster for them?

Speaking of St. Johns, two more goals for Cormier? I think 17 goals in 54 games for Cormier is very good. Considering all the things he brings to the table, and the fact that scoring isn't really his number 1 priority.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Looks like someone posted on the Barrie thread that Mark was skating today (or yesterday, can't remember).

Hopefully he will be ok and Barrie can win this series.

I guess the silver lining is that if Barrie does not win the series, Scheifele and Telegin could get some time in St. Johns. The question would be, is there room on the Ice Caps roster for them?

Speaking of St. Johns, two more goals for Cormier? I think 17 goals in 54 games for Cormier is very good. Considering all the things he brings to the table, and the fact that scoring isn't really his number 1 priority.
I say they make room for them.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I say they make room for them.
Well, the Ice Caps are a good team and have had a very good season. Would you advocate them making moves if it made them a worse team, just so Scheifele and Telegin could get some ice time?

I'm going to assume that you wouldn't advocate that. I for sure wouldn't think that it would be the M.O of TNSE to mess with their AHL affiliate in that way either.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:46 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Well, the Ice Caps are a good team and have had a very good season. Would you advocate them making moves if it made them a worse team, just so Scheifele and Telegin could get some ice time?
I'd advocate it. That's what farm teams are for. It's the drawback of living in a minor league city.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

seems like the Caps are battling the injury bug right now so why not? The way Telegin is playing he sounds like he might be able to help this season?

However we might be getting ahead of ourselves since Barrie is up 3-2 in the series right now.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
I'd advocate it. That's what farm teams are for. It's the drawback of living in a minor league city.
Who's spot does he take though?

Following what i'm assuming your logic is (more ice time for better prospects) is having telegin/scheifele get some icetime at the cost of the team playing less games(not saying that would happen but the risk is their) thus reducing the icetime that klingberg, cormier, postma,kulda, maxwell, Machacek(if he gets back) get due to a shorter playoff run?

Granted, it's not a given either way, but it has to be considered.

there's pro's and cons. I think you definitly get them practicing and give em a look, but i don't think you play em unless your sure they won't be a liability.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

vCash: 1814
So with Oshawa out of the playoffs, would Melchiori get a look at the Ice Caps?

Closed Thread