HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Prospect/St. John's Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2012, 03:14 PM
  #26
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Well there you go.

So what`s the difference between Machacek and Flood when it comes to waivers? Does Flood have veteran status that requires him to clear waivers every time he goes up and down between AHL/NHL? Does Machacek only have to clear once for the year? Or doesn`t have to clear after the trade deadline?
Both Machacek and Flood had to clear waivers at the start of the year since they both qualify for waivers (see waiver rules here). Two-way contracts do (indirectly) effect re-entry waivers for calling up, that's a whole other issue.

There is no veteran status or anything, once are waiver eligible, you are waiver eligible. Now, once you have cleared waivers, you may be re-assigned to AHL at any time. Both Flood and Machacek were. Now Flood was recalled. Once he has been recalled, he then has a period of 30 days on the pro roster OR 10 games played (whichever comes first) where he can be re-assigned back the AHL without clearing waivers. Flood has obviously went over that limit, so he must once again clear waivers to be sent back down. Had Machacek been up and on the roster for that amount of time, he would similarly had to clear waivers again.

Now if Machacek finishes the season here, he will surpass that limit (currently at 9 games, 7 on current call-up but they all count). However since he is on emergency recall, I believe that this rule does not apply to him. The downside of emergency recall is that the second the Jets have 12 healthy forwards, he would be required to be sent down. (Just as when the Jets got to 11 healthy forwards they were forced to send Maxwell down).

Waivers are in effect until the end of the season. However anybody claimed off waivers by another team is ineligible to play for the claiming team in playoffs.

__________________


Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
  #27
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Both Machacek and Flood had to clear waivers at the start of the year since they both qualify for waivers (see waiver rules here). Two-way contracts do (indirectly) effect re-entry waivers for calling up, that's a whole other issue.

There is no veteran status or anything, once are waiver eligible, you are waiver eligible. Now, once you have cleared waivers, you may be re-assigned to AHL at any time. Both Flood and Machacek were. Now Flood was recalled. Once he has been recalled, he then has a period of 30 days on the pro roster OR 10 games played (whichever comes first) where he can be re-assigned back the AHL without clearing waivers. Flood has obviously went over that limit, so he must once again clear waivers to be sent back down. Had Machacek been up and on the roster for that amount of time, he would similarly had to clear waivers again.

Now if Machacek finishes the season here, he will surpass that limit (currently at 9 games, 7 on current call-up but they all count). However since he is on emergency recall, I believe that this rule does not apply to him. The downside of emergency recall is that the second the Jets have 12 healthy forwards, he would be required to be sent down. (Just as when the Jets got to 11 healthy forwards they were forced to send Maxwell down).

Waivers are in effect until the end of the season. However anybody claimed off waivers by another team is ineligible to play for the claiming team in playoffs.
Thanks. More complicated than I had even anticipated. I apologize if I remain somewhat ignorant on the matter in the future.

Gil Fisher is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 03:35 PM
  #28
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Thanks. More complicated than I had even anticipated. I apologize if I remain somewhat ignorant on the matter in the future.
No worries, I am here to help clear things up . But with a new CBA coming, that means all these rules are going to be tweaked/changed, so I will have to relearn them . I'm such a nerd that I have read quite a bit of the CBA, (the relevant stuff anyways).

I would love if one day the NHL games will stop making the waiver eligibility based on one-way/two-way contracts and actually implement some of the real rules. They constantly mess people up, then these myths get spread around as fact and people mix rules up. Drives me nuts (Not saying you learned from NHL games, but the one-way/two-way myth started with NHL games and is now one of the biggest misconceptions people have about NHL rules).

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 04:02 PM
  #29
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,349
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I would love if one day the NHL games will stop making the waiver eligibility based on one-way/two-way contracts and actually implement some of the real rules. They constantly mess people up, then these myths get spread around as fact and people mix rules up. Drives me nuts (Not saying you learned from NHL games, but the one-way/two-way myth started with NHL games and is now one of the biggest misconceptions people have about NHL rules).
Eastside Hockey Manager 2007, bro.

I can't really get into those sports management simulators that are mainly text-based, but apparently EHM has everything properly implemented from the CBA, right down to the waiver system. Not sure why EA can't implement that in their NHL games, but whatever.

Alright, I'm done with this nerdy tangent.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 04:38 PM
  #30
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Eastside Hockey Manager 2007, bro.

I can't really get into those sports management simulators that are mainly text-based, but apparently EHM has everything properly implemented from the CBA, right down to the waiver system. Not sure why EA can't implement that in their NHL games, but whatever.

Alright, I'm done with this nerdy tangent.
Buddy the freeware EHM WAS my junior high/high school/18-20 year old days. I have put more hours into the freeware (which is fairly good with the rules as well) than probably anything else in my life other than playing hockey

Have altogether probably put 100-150 hours into the NHL EHM as well. Desperate for a new hockey sports management game to come out, I LOVE those things (NHL:EHM 07 is too dated for me now, plus I know who develops where, it's easy to stack my team ). In fact I am so desperate I just bought Championship Manager 2012 off of Steam, which is like NHL:EHM but much more in depth and.......soccer. I don't even know the positions in soccer The learning curve is steep to say the least.

Cool fact. I am in NHL:EHM 07 as a prospect

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 06:00 PM
  #31
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago
 
AndersUlfBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Saturday, March 31, 2012

St. John's IceCaps 3 Hershey Bears 2
(FINAL)


Game Summary
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009672


Scoring
1. HER Carman, (9) (Collins), 12:36
1. STJ Cormier, (16) (Klingberg, Albert), 16:24 (SH)
2. STJ Kulda, (6) (Redmond), 10:26
3. STJ Cormier, (17) (Kulda, King), 8:34
3. HER Potulny, (28) (Greentree, Kundratek), 19:46


Starting Goaltender
Chris Carrozzi


Notes
Bears outshoot IceCaps 26-25. St.John's go 0/3 on the PP, 6/6 on the PK and take 14 PIM.

Win tonight clinches Atlantic Division title for the 'Caps.

St.John's now go home for a two game set versus the Portland Pirates (Tues & Wed) and then a two game set versus the Springfield Falcons (next Sat & Sun). They then end the regular season with 3 road games in 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun Apr 13, 14, 15)

.


Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-31-2012 at 09:19 PM.
AndersUlfBobby is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
  #32
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago
 
AndersUlfBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, March 31

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, March 31


Mississauga St. Michaels Majors 1 Barrie Colts 2 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61463

(Barrie leads series 3-2)

Mark Scheifele, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-0

Ivan Telegin, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus +1, PIM-0


Oshawa Generals 3 Niagara IceDogs 5 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61460

(Niagara leads series 3-2)

Julian Melchiori, OSH; G-1, A-1, Plus/Minus -1, PIM-0
Julian scores the Generals second goal, then assists on their third goal





Tomorrow's Game
Niagara IceDogs @ Oshawa Generals (Julian Melchiori) -- Niagara leads series 3-2

Monday's Games
Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) @ Mississauga St. Michaels Majors -- Barrie leads series 3-2
Ottawa 67's @ Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard) -- Ottawa leads series 3-2

Tuesday's Games
Oshawa Generals (Julian Melchiori) @ Niagara IceDogs *
Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard) @ Ottawa 67's *
Mississauga St. Michaels Majors @ Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) *

* if required

Friday's Games
Medicine Hat Tigers @ Moose Jaw Warriors (Kendall McFaull) -- 1st game of second round
Vancouver or Spokane @ Tri-City Americans (Zach Yuen) -- 1st game of second round

.


Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 03-31-2012 at 09:33 PM.
AndersUlfBobby is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 08:00 PM
  #33
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 500
Good to see Carrozzi get the start (only his career AHL start). He is having a solid season with the Ontario Reign (2.27gaa, .922svp) of the ECHL. It should be a Pasquale/Carrozzi tandem in St. John's next year.

Also I am torn about whether I want Barrie to win that series or not. Scheifele and Telegin could really benefit from (and greatly help) the playoff run in St. John's.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 08:13 PM
  #34
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Scheifele injured on a check from behind.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
  #35
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,325
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Scheifele injured on a check from behind.
Uh oh - badly?

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
  #36
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Uh oh - badly?
Happened early third, he did not return. I expect he is concussed. That's the second or third time he's been hit from behind in that exact corner. I expect the offending player to be suspended - should be 8 - 10 games.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 09:04 PM
  #37
Klaus
Teemu!
 
Klaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Scheifele injured on a check from behind.
****!

Klaus is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 09:13 PM
  #38
IceCapsFanNL
Registered User
 
IceCapsFanNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
****!

Bad news about Schiefle. Caps getting two points tonight clinched their division.

IceCapsFanNL is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
  #39
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 500
HOLY ****!!!! Norfolk's current streak is...22-0-0-0. Wow. Just wow. That is insane.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
  #40
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
HOLY ****!!!! Norfolk's current streak is...22-0-0-0. Wow. Just wow. That is insane.
Good God!

Is Gretzky, Howe and Malkin their first line?

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
  #41
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,905
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Happened early third, he did not return. I expect he is concussed. That's the second or third time he's been hit from behind in that exact corner. I expect the offending player to be suspended - should be 8 - 10 games.
That really sucks

ps241 is online now  
Old
03-31-2012, 11:14 PM
  #42
Klaus
Teemu!
 
Klaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,736
vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
Bad news about Schiefle. Caps getting two points tonight clinched their division.
Awesome. Let's go IceCaps

Klaus is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 04:54 PM
  #43
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago
 
AndersUlfBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Jets CHL Prospects Report for Sunday, April 1

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Sunday, April 1


Niagara IceDogs 4 Oshawa Generals 1 (FINAL)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/61467

Julian Melchiori, OSH; G-1, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-0
Julian pots his 2nd goal of the play-offs to get the Generals only goal

(Niagara wins series 4-2)






Tomorrow's Games
Barrie Colts (Mark Scheifele & Ivan Telegin) @ Mississauga St. Michaels Majors -- Barrie leads series 3-2
Ottawa 67's @ Belleville Bulls (Austen Brassard) -- Ottawa leads series 3-2

.


Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 04-01-2012 at 07:30 PM.
AndersUlfBobby is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
  #44
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Scheifele injured on a check from behind.
Looks like someone posted on the Barrie thread that Mark was skating today (or yesterday, can't remember).

Hopefully he will be ok and Barrie can win this series.

I guess the silver lining is that if Barrie does not win the series, Scheifele and Telegin could get some time in St. Johns. The question would be, is there room on the Ice Caps roster for them?


Speaking of St. Johns, two more goals for Cormier? I think 17 goals in 54 games for Cormier is very good. Considering all the things he brings to the table, and the fact that scoring isn't really his number 1 priority.

Huffer is online now  
Old
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
  #45
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Looks like someone posted on the Barrie thread that Mark was skating today (or yesterday, can't remember).

Hopefully he will be ok and Barrie can win this series.

I guess the silver lining is that if Barrie does not win the series, Scheifele and Telegin could get some time in St. Johns. The question would be, is there room on the Ice Caps roster for them?


Speaking of St. Johns, two more goals for Cormier? I think 17 goals in 54 games for Cormier is very good. Considering all the things he brings to the table, and the fact that scoring isn't really his number 1 priority.
I say they make room for them.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 11:33 AM
  #46
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
I say they make room for them.
Well, the Ice Caps are a good team and have had a very good season. Would you advocate them making moves if it made them a worse team, just so Scheifele and Telegin could get some ice time?

I'm going to assume that you wouldn't advocate that. I for sure wouldn't think that it would be the M.O of TNSE to mess with their AHL affiliate in that way either.

Huffer is online now  
Old
04-02-2012, 11:46 AM
  #47
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Well, the Ice Caps are a good team and have had a very good season. Would you advocate them making moves if it made them a worse team, just so Scheifele and Telegin could get some ice time?
I'd advocate it. That's what farm teams are for. It's the drawback of living in a minor league city.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
  #48
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,905
vCash: 50
seems like the Caps are battling the injury bug right now so why not? The way Telegin is playing he sounds like he might be able to help this season?

However we might be getting ahead of ourselves since Barrie is up 3-2 in the series right now.

ps241 is online now  
Old
04-02-2012, 01:08 PM
  #49
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I'd advocate it. That's what farm teams are for. It's the drawback of living in a minor league city.
Who's spot does he take though?

Following what i'm assuming your logic is (more ice time for better prospects) is having telegin/scheifele get some icetime at the cost of the team playing less games(not saying that would happen but the risk is their) thus reducing the icetime that klingberg, cormier, postma,kulda, maxwell, Machacek(if he gets back) get due to a shorter playoff run?

Granted, it's not a given either way, but it has to be considered.

there's pro's and cons. I think you definitly get them practicing and give em a look, but i don't think you play em unless your sure they won't be a liability.

Grind is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 01:12 PM
  #50
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er
 
Kinjero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 1814
So with Oshawa out of the playoffs, would Melchiori get a look at the Ice Caps?

Kinjero is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.