HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 3 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST) Can a brother get a top 30 forward ?

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 10:44 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Why would ak care about Russian community? He is not Russian. Just curious...

Old
03-30-2012, 10:58 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
OK, Russian speaking community...

For communication, same mentality, culture, food, traditions...

Old
03-31-2012, 09:02 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I hope SK's continued presence here prompts Andrei to re-sign for around what he's making now. Would love to keep them both.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Fuelled by Passion

AK and SK are coming from very wealthy family. I don't think money will be a factor. If Nashville offers and extension for both around 10 million for 3 years I think they will sign it. Should Nashville offer AK a reasonable deal the only possible way he won't sign is if Montreal offered him similar deal. Just my 2 cents

Old
03-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
As tserberis suggested, what I was trying to say was a Russian speaking community could be an important factor for either AK or his family. I think AK can probably get by in everyday situations with his current understanding of English but I'm not sure about his family. Even from just a social standpoint rather than out of necessity for getting by, he may prefer to be somewhere close to a large group of people who understand his background/culture and can communicate in a language he/his partner are fluent in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I hope SK's continued presence here prompts Andrei to re-sign for around what he's making now. Would love to keep them both.
I think if Andrei were to re-sign in Nashville for around what he is making now, he would be looking for a lot of security with regards to his role in future seasons and his contract. For a UFA who scores around 20 goals regularly, can be creative and fulfil a playmaker role, be a physical presence and be OK defensively (albeit with some lapses) to sign for around $3.25million, I'd expect he'd want a fairly comprehensive NMC clause as well as reassurances that he is going to be used in a manner that allows him to use his skills and regularly play with players who can understand and compliment his style of game (and not the Nashville equivalent of Scott Gomez and Mathieu Darche).

With the lack of UFA skilled wingers this summer, once Parise and Semin are off the market, if a team is desperate for help in that area, I could see them throwing surprising amounts of money at AK. But from what I know of him, he is the type to look for the right fit at the expense of leaving some money on the table. Contract negotiations have always seemed rather straightforward with Montreal so I don't think he will simply follow the money.

If Nashville wish to re-sign him, they potentially have a couple of good cards in their hand already with Sergei an RFA and most likely being on the team next year, plus AK having some familiarity with the team/city. This could prove very useful if negotiating with a player who is known to enjoy being in a familiar situation, be it the city he is playing in or the players he is playing with. But I still think he will end up having a good look around as a free agent to see if there is a particularly good fit for him and his family elsewhere, although there is a chance he may ultimately decide that Nashville is the best fit available.

Does anyone know if his partner and daughter have made the journey to Nashville yet? With Andrei being a quiet type of guy away from the rink and the Montreal media not really interested in stories looking into who he is and what makes him tick, there hasn't been much insightful information about him that I've seen. I'd guess his eldest is about 4-5 years old these days and at school, not sure if he has any other children. If they like Nashville as a place to settle, that'll be another boost to the Preds hopes of keeping him beyond this year.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
With the lack of UFA skilled wingers this summer, once Parise and Semin are off the market
Parise and Suter good friends. I'm almost 100% sure they will make a deal to play on the same team next year.
Semin? I wouldn't take Semin over AK even if I was Russian patriot Actually I wouldn't want to see Semin on my team at all

Old
03-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I think Parise and Suter both end up in Minnesota. There's a whole host of reasons for this one, and I cant even remember them all, but someone on the main boards (a mod, i think) posted them awhile back. It was scary how much they are both tied to the Wild.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I made a thread about Wilson's value to WPG and TOR, and the two most intriguing offers I've gotten so far (this is assuming Suter leaves) are Wilson+ for Enstrom and Wilson for Schenn or Gunnarsson.

I'd rather have Enstrom, since he'll replace Suter better.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I made a thread about Wilson's value to WPG and TOR, and the two most intriguing offers I've gotten so far (this is assuming Suter leaves) are Wilson+ for Enstrom and Wilson for Schenn or Gunnarsson.

I'd rather have Enstrom, since he'll replace Suter better.
I'd rather have schenn for Wilson then enstrom for Wilson +.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I think Parise and Suter both end up in Minnesota. There's a whole host of reasons for this one, and I cant even remember them all, but someone on the main boards (a mod, i think) posted them awhile back. It was scary how much they are both tied to the Wild.
id like to see this info/post..

Old
03-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I'd like to retract my statement ... Who knew rudi would be our top 30 forward

Old
03-31-2012, 11:03 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
id like to see this info/post..
I think it was that jawanda puck guy. tlkes about the wild getting tm gilbert, and how he is friends with parise, who is friends with suter and are all gonna do a merry go round dance or something

Old
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think it was that jawanda puck guy. tlkes about the wild getting tm gilbert, and how he is friends with parise, who is friends with suter and are all gonna do a merry go round dance or something
And Suter friends with Weber, Weber with Radulov, Radulov with Malkin, Malkin with Crosby, Crosby with Stamkos, Stamkos with Price, Price with Markov, Markov with Pavel and they all will play for Mini ****ing sota!!!!

Old
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
maplepred

Yeah I wouldn't read into that one to much, I would be very shocked to see suter and parise end up on wild lol.

Im just preying that somehow we manage to resign radulov and then if suter still walks we somehow make a trade for schenn from leafs like someone posted above! That's my ideal offseason! (of course suter resigning would be more ideal but don't see it happening)

Old
04-01-2012, 10:17 PM
maplepred

Do you think ''if'' suter does not resign we go after another high profile defenseman or just stick with weber, Josi, Ellis, Klein, bouillon and Ekholm. Gotta get someone I would think if suts walks

Old
04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

If Suter goes to the Wild, I will burn Craig Leipold in effigy.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If Suter goes to the Wild, I will burn Craig Leipold in effigy.
Only in effigy?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
04-02-2012, 08:34 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Only in effigy?
I would burn him in a dumpster, but I have to be admitted to the bar at some point

Old
04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would burn him in a dumpster, but I have to be admitted to the bar at some point
There's no issue with bar admission if you never get caught.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Hell, I'll do it. I'll just say to the judge 'your honor, I would plead guilty if I felt guilt'

Old
04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
You know I've politely refrained from posting the gory details of my Weber/Suter opinions on this board. But since my post on another board was paraphrased incompletely, below are some links and context for those with an open mind...

The clues go beyond just Tom Gilbert...here's the link to my post. And here are pictures of Parise's new Minnesota pad right on the lake, 35 mins from where the Wild play. Parise bought it months after getting engaged to his college sweetheart last summer. They will be married in Minnesota in July. Suter married [pics] his college sweetheart a canoe ride away from that house as well. His wife is from Minneapolis where she briefly worked with her dad, a local real estate agent and developer of some prominence.

04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Seems to me (purely baseless) that Suter would like to play not necessarily in a big market, but up north somewhere. Maybe a Minnesota, maybe a Detroit, I don't know. He's from Wisconsin, in a prominent hockey family, and for all I know would like to play somewhere that hockey is more ingrained in the local culture than Nashville. Do we have awesome fans? Yes. Are more and more people interested in the Preds now? Yes. Is hockey a big part of our culture? No. Maybe he wants something like that. Minnesota would be the right mix of everything he could be looking for. Close to Wisconsin, wife is from there, the 'state of hockey', a bigger market but not too big, etc.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Let's be blunt. If Suter leaves despite all that has transpired here this year, it would see to me that he won't be leaving for a winnner, or for money... He will be leaving to get out of Shea's shadow. IMO it would all be ego. (Remember this is hypothetical... If he doesn't leave then none of the above is valid at all)

Old
04-02-2012, 03:21 PM
pekkaslap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Let's be blunt. If Suter leaves despite all that has transpired here this year, it would see to me that he won't be leaving for a winnner, or for money... He will be leaving to get out of Shea's shadow. IMO it would all be ego. (Remember this is hypothetical... If he doesn't leave then none of the above is valid at all)

I think this is pretty close to the truth. My opinion, based on nothing really. I get the feeling Suter would like to be "the guy" somewhere. Or at least the top D-man. As long as the Beard is here, he won't be that guy.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
maplepred

Minnesota wild is next years Columbus blue jackets! Book it!

Closed Thread