HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

It's playoff avatar time. (Mock-ups in post 93.)

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
I dont see the point in a poll, pretty clear that the Aliens theme will win haha.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
i guess i'm in the minority, but i'm on the #therightway bandwagon.
Same, need more votes for this.

04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I like #therightway better, but aliens is probably funnier.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

vCash: 50
McDongha (all you need)...aliens

Old
04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
SaveByLundqvist

Brad Richards holds try outs for fantasy camp, #therightway

Old
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Onion Boy

What happened to Sean Avery?

Aliens.

Old
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

I'm thinking of one for myself, but I won an avatar bet with a leaf fan here - anyone got any ideas for his for the playoffs (alien theme)?

Old
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I'm thinking of one for myself, but I won an avatar bet with a leaf fan here - anyone got any ideas for his for the playoffs (alien theme)?
How can a team with James "All Star" Reimer suck?

Aliens.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

The aliens idea is going to stop being funny after a while. We're frontrunners to be playing into June. Also, I know I won't be in the mood for humor during the playoffs anyway. I'd rather something we can take pride in long term, like #therightway.

And there's so much room to do things with it. A lot of the aliens examples even work for it. Going back to the previous page: Lundqvist's hair, #therightway. Gaborik pots 40, #therightway. Sather gets McD as a throw-in for Gomez, #therightway (I'd like this panel with a pic of Sather). Rangers can only score 2 goals a game and get 50 wins, #therightway. Brad Richards goes from 4c to 1c, #therightway. Winning without Avery, #therightway. You get the picture by now.

Yeah, it's not as funny right now. But this is the playoffs, it's not a joke. And memes get old and overused quick. #therightway would be something we can be proud of through June.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

That photoshop of Torts in that Aliens guy's body is too good to pass up.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Crease

I think the Aliens idea is great. #rightway is kind of sappy IMO. Then again I don't plan on using a playoff avatar so you can throw my opinion right out of the window.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
That photoshop of Torts in that Aliens guy's body is too good to pass up.
This. Game-breaker for me.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
clmetsfan

So how are we doing this? Should we PM people with requests?

Old
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Yea, the Torts as the alien guy was a game-breaker. I'm sold on it.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
The aliens idea is going to stop being funny after a while. We're frontrunners to be playing into June. Also, I know I won't be in the mood for humor during the playoffs anyway. I'd rather something we can take pride in long term, like #therightway.

And there's so much room to do things with it. A lot of the aliens examples even work for it. Going back to the previous page: Lundqvist's hair, #therightway. Gaborik pots 40, #therightway. Sather gets McD as a throw-in for Gomez, #therightway (I'd like this panel with a pic of Sather). Rangers can only score 2 goals a game and get 50 wins, #therightway. Brad Richards goes from 4c to 1c, #therightway. Winning without Avery, #therightway. You get the picture by now.

Yeah, it's not as funny right now. But this is the playoffs, it's not a joke. And memes get old and overused quick. #therightway would be something we can be proud of through June.
I'm of the exact opposite opinion, I think #therightway will leave a bad taste after a while, much like I felt "It's just pain" did last year.

#therightway comes off as pure chest pounding with 100% seriousness. I understand why the players do it, but there is a big difference between how a player approaches the game, and how a fan does. It sort of worked last year when we were a scrappy bubble team, but it still seemed like we were trying very hard to look cool. This approach basically reeks of insecurity IMO.

We have a very good team with a lot of great qualities to showcase, but I think the Aliens theme is a way more charming way to convey this and it also goes hand in hand with the fact that we are a surprise team.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:01 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I'm of the exact opposite opinion, I think #therightway will leave a bad taste after a while, much like I felt "It's just pain" did last year.

#therightway comes off as pure chest pounding with 100% seriousness. I understand why the players do it, but there is a big difference between how a player approaches the game, and how a fan does. It sort of worked last year when we were a scrappy bubble team, but it still seemed like we were trying very hard to look cool. This approach basically reeks of insecurity IMO.

We have a very good team with a lot of great qualities to showcase, but I think the Aliens theme is a way more charming way to convey this and it also goes hand in hand with the fact that we are a surprise team.
I don't see how it's serious and chest pounding when the players tweet about it basically as a joke. They're not tweeting about it seriously. Regardless it's not a huge deal as it's an avatar, no reason for everyone to go nuts over it lol. I've just soured on meme's of late since everyone's doing it now and they've just become overused. #therightway to me is something that is unique and something that comes straight from the team.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Osminator

Aliens!!! NO DOUBT!!!

Old
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
So how are we doing this? Should we PM people with requests?
I think the plan is Ailurophile will put up a poll for voting. After poll is closed you'll request an avatar in the thread with the poll. Not sure if it'll be this thread or another. He said he'd have the poll up sometime today.

Reading though the thread it seems the #rightwayand aliens theme are the 2 front runners. I like them both with a slight lean toward the alien theme.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Ail
k.

Adding a poll and examples in a new thread. Mods can you lock this one. Thanks. All requests will be made in the new thread ONCE VOTING IS COMPLETE. Thank you.

04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I don't see how it's serious and chest pounding when the players tweet about it basically as a joke. They're not tweeting about it seriously. Regardless it's not a huge deal as it's an avatar, no reason for everyone to go nuts over it lol. I've just soured on meme's of late since everyone's doing it now and they've just become overused. #therightway to me is something that is unique and something that comes straight from the team.
Yeah, that's why I said it was a difference between players and fans. #therightway will come off as chest pounding IMO, especially if most of the avatars are based on positives.

If most avatars are tongue in cheek stuff like: Flossing #therightway, then it would be a different ballgame, but I doubt it'll be like that.

But I agree there is something to it that it came from the players themselves, but I think it will be lost on the boards.

Old
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Adding a poll and examples in a new thread. Mods can you lock this one. Thanks. All requests will be made in the new thread ONCE VOTING IS COMPLETE. Thank you.
And when it's complete, I can help make some of them if you want since I have Photoshop.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
And when it's complete, I can help make some of them if you want since I have Photoshop.
Sounds good I will give out the template to whoever wants it once voting is complete.

Closed Thread