HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

It's playoff avatar time. (Mock-ups in post 93.)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
  #126
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,532
vCash: 300
I dont see the point in a poll, pretty clear that the Aliens theme will win haha.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
  #127
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
i guess i'm in the minority, but i'm on the #therightway bandwagon.
Same, need more votes for this.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
  #128
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,474
vCash: 500
I like #therightway better, but aliens is probably funnier.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
  #129
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,551
vCash: 50
McDongha (all you need)...aliens

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 02:49 PM
  #130
SaveByLundqvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Brad Richards holds try outs for fantasy camp, #therightway

SaveByLundqvist is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
  #131
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
What happened to Sean Avery?

Aliens.

Onion Boy is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 02:59 PM
  #132
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 50
I'm thinking of one for myself, but I won an avatar bet with a leaf fan here - anyone got any ideas for his for the playoffs (alien theme)?

iamitter is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
  #133
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I'm thinking of one for myself, but I won an avatar bet with a leaf fan here - anyone got any ideas for his for the playoffs (alien theme)?
How can a team with James "All Star" Reimer suck?

Aliens.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
  #134
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
The aliens idea is going to stop being funny after a while. We're frontrunners to be playing into June. Also, I know I won't be in the mood for humor during the playoffs anyway. I'd rather something we can take pride in long term, like #therightway.

And there's so much room to do things with it. A lot of the aliens examples even work for it. Going back to the previous page: Lundqvist's hair, #therightway. Gaborik pots 40, #therightway. Sather gets McD as a throw-in for Gomez, #therightway (I'd like this panel with a pic of Sather). Rangers can only score 2 goals a game and get 50 wins, #therightway. Brad Richards goes from 4c to 1c, #therightway. Winning without Avery, #therightway. You get the picture by now.

Yeah, it's not as funny right now. But this is the playoffs, it's not a joke. And memes get old and overused quick. #therightway would be something we can be proud of through June.

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
  #135
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,614
vCash: 50
That photoshop of Torts in that Aliens guy's body is too good to pass up.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
  #136
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,773
vCash: 500
I think the Aliens idea is great. #rightway is kind of sappy IMO. Then again I don't plan on using a playoff avatar so you can throw my opinion right out of the window.

Crease is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:35 PM
  #137
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
That photoshop of Torts in that Aliens guy's body is too good to pass up.
This. Game-breaker for me.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
  #138
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
So how are we doing this? Should we PM people with requests?

clmetsfan is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
  #139
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Yea, the Torts as the alien guy was a game-breaker. I'm sold on it.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
  #140
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,725
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
The aliens idea is going to stop being funny after a while. We're frontrunners to be playing into June. Also, I know I won't be in the mood for humor during the playoffs anyway. I'd rather something we can take pride in long term, like #therightway.

And there's so much room to do things with it. A lot of the aliens examples even work for it. Going back to the previous page: Lundqvist's hair, #therightway. Gaborik pots 40, #therightway. Sather gets McD as a throw-in for Gomez, #therightway (I'd like this panel with a pic of Sather). Rangers can only score 2 goals a game and get 50 wins, #therightway. Brad Richards goes from 4c to 1c, #therightway. Winning without Avery, #therightway. You get the picture by now.

Yeah, it's not as funny right now. But this is the playoffs, it's not a joke. And memes get old and overused quick. #therightway would be something we can be proud of through June.
I'm of the exact opposite opinion, I think #therightway will leave a bad taste after a while, much like I felt "It's just pain" did last year.

#therightway comes off as pure chest pounding with 100% seriousness. I understand why the players do it, but there is a big difference between how a player approaches the game, and how a fan does. It sort of worked last year when we were a scrappy bubble team, but it still seemed like we were trying very hard to look cool. This approach basically reeks of insecurity IMO.

We have a very good team with a lot of great qualities to showcase, but I think the Aliens theme is a way more charming way to convey this and it also goes hand in hand with the fact that we are a surprise team.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:01 PM
  #141
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I'm of the exact opposite opinion, I think #therightway will leave a bad taste after a while, much like I felt "It's just pain" did last year.

#therightway comes off as pure chest pounding with 100% seriousness. I understand why the players do it, but there is a big difference between how a player approaches the game, and how a fan does. It sort of worked last year when we were a scrappy bubble team, but it still seemed like we were trying very hard to look cool. This approach basically reeks of insecurity IMO.

We have a very good team with a lot of great qualities to showcase, but I think the Aliens theme is a way more charming way to convey this and it also goes hand in hand with the fact that we are a surprise team.
I don't see how it's serious and chest pounding when the players tweet about it basically as a joke. They're not tweeting about it seriously. Regardless it's not a huge deal as it's an avatar, no reason for everyone to go nuts over it lol. I've just soured on meme's of late since everyone's doing it now and they've just become overused. #therightway to me is something that is unique and something that comes straight from the team.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
  #142
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 50
Aliens!!! NO DOUBT!!!

Osminator is online now  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
  #143
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
So how are we doing this? Should we PM people with requests?
I think the plan is Ailurophile will put up a poll for voting. After poll is closed you'll request an avatar in the thread with the poll. Not sure if it'll be this thread or another. He said he'd have the poll up sometime today.

Reading though the thread it seems the #rightwayand aliens theme are the 2 front runners. I like them both with a slight lean toward the alien theme.

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
  #144
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,920
vCash: 500
Adding a poll and examples in a new thread. Mods can you lock this one. Thanks. All requests will be made in the new thread ONCE VOTING IS COMPLETE. Thank you.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
  #145
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,725
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I don't see how it's serious and chest pounding when the players tweet about it basically as a joke. They're not tweeting about it seriously. Regardless it's not a huge deal as it's an avatar, no reason for everyone to go nuts over it lol. I've just soured on meme's of late since everyone's doing it now and they've just become overused. #therightway to me is something that is unique and something that comes straight from the team.
Yeah, that's why I said it was a difference between players and fans. #therightway will come off as chest pounding IMO, especially if most of the avatars are based on positives.

If most avatars are tongue in cheek stuff like: Flossing #therightway, then it would be a different ballgame, but I doubt it'll be like that.

But I agree there is something to it that it came from the players themselves, but I think it will be lost on the boards.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
  #146
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,212
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Adding a poll and examples in a new thread. Mods can you lock this one. Thanks. All requests will be made in the new thread ONCE VOTING IS COMPLETE. Thank you.
And when it's complete, I can help make some of them if you want since I have Photoshop.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
  #147
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
And when it's complete, I can help make some of them if you want since I have Photoshop.
Sounds good I will give out the template to whoever wants it once voting is complete.

Ail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.