HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#79 Bruins @ Rangers

Old
04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Please. Boyle wasn't even tough in high school. Chara's not scared of him and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the NHL scared of Boyle, size be damned.
I agree that Boyle isn't much of a fighter, but neither is Chara.

Chara is a heck of a Dman but he is gotten a largely undeserved reputation as being an intimidating physical presence. Its not his game.

He is a big dude for sure, but he is a defensemen who relies more on his reach and positioning than his physicality.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
That's hardly true, he always makes stuff happen and is underrated as a set up man. He's just an easy scapegoat.
He's an easy scapegoat because he's not very good and is out of place on anything but a defensive line.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 04:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He's an easy scapegoat because he's not very good and is out of place on anything but a defensive line.
When Torts insists on playing Brian Boyle at 2C though, that's even more of an issue.

Richards
Stepan
Arty
Boyle

That's how it should be. But instead we see **** like-

Richards
Boyle
Arty-Stepan-X

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
At 50-22-7, the only person we should be scapegoating is Chris Drury.

We're about to go into the playoffs as the top seed. Where is the excitement?

04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
At 50-22-7, the only person we should be scapegoating is Chris Drury.

We're about to go into the playoffs as the top seed. Where is the excitement?
I'm excited, although tempered.

This team has already achieved far more than I thought it would this season.

With that said, when the playoffs start it pretty much means nothing.

I don't expect a cup(hope I am wrong). But if they get bounced first round this year, this season would be a failure. Not saying that is going to happen, just putting it in perspective.

Considering that the bar has been considerably raised, its pretty much ECF or bust. Although a deep second round might also be acceptable(depends on who we face).

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 04-02-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 06:09 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post

Chara is a heck of a Dman but he is gotten a largely undeserved reputation as being an intimidating physical presence. Its not his game.

He is a big dude for sure, but he is a defensemen who relies more on his reach and positioning than his physicality.
Are you even remotely serious?

Zdeno Chara is the most feared fighter in the league and it's not even close.

The ONLY reason people fight him is because the Bruins always lose the trade of not having big Z for 5 minutes

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Are you even remotely serious?

Zdeno Chara is the most feared fighter in the league and it's not even close.

The ONLY reason people fight him is because the Bruins always lose the trade of not having big Z for 5 minutes
Are you?

Chara is NOT a fighter. Every time he has gotten into a fight, it is pretty much a draw. He is huge and uses his size to wrestle people down. Dude can't even stay on his skates well.

He handles himself ok, but that is more for the fact that of size, not his ability. If we are strictly talking about fighting.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Are you?

Chara is NOT a fighter. Every time he has gotten into a fight, it is pretty much a draw. He is huge and uses his size to wrestle people down. Dude can't even stay on his skates well.

He handles himself ok, but that is more for the fact that of size, not his ability. If we are strictly talking about fighting.
He can hang with anybody.

He's not Boyle, who doesn't know how to fight to save his life. While I disagree with Chara being the most feared fighter, he actually knows how to use his size and strength.

He'd probably get beaten by guys like John Scott, but he'd basically beat up or hang with any useful hockey player. He would've demolished Boyle.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He can hang with anybody.

He's not Boyle, who doesn't know how to fight to save his life. While I disagree with Chara being the most feared fighter, he actually knows how to use his size and strength.

He'd probably get beaten by guys like John Scott, but he'd basically beat up or hang with any useful hockey player. He would've demolished Boyle.
I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Boyle in a fight(Boyle isn't a fighter at all).

I was talking about reputation. He isn't even the best fighter on his team let alone the league.

Chara knows how to protect himself in a fight, but he doesn't really do anything. Its usually pointless circling, and then he falls down.

If Chara does have wins, its pretty much against non-enforcers.

Dude has a massive reach advantage, but he rarely will stand blow to blow. He mostly just bear hugs.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 04-02-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 09:13 PM
t3hg00se

Quote:
I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Boyle in a fight(Boyle isn't a fighter at all).

I was talking about reputation. He isn't even the best fighter on his team let alone the league.

Chara knows how to protect himself in a fight, but he doesn't really do anything. Its usually pointless circling, and then he falls down.

If Chara does have wins, its pretty much against non-enforcers.

Dude has a massive reach advantage, but he rarely will stand blow to blow. He mostly just bear hugs.
Lucic is not a better fighter than Chara

You understand that his reach and size are part of what make him such a great fighter? Have you seen what he's done to Rupp? Chara's lead hand is one of the scariest in the league, and believe it or not, getting rag dolled down the ice ****ing hurts and is a huge part of being a fighter.

He isn't the best pound for pound fighter in the league, no one is claiming that, there are such a small handful of fighters that stand a chance against Chara in this league

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/167

both loses and ties are few and far between.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Dude, he doesn't fight anybody worth a damn.

The two best fighters he fought this year were Neil, and Shelly. Both fights were pretty much draws, with Chara falling down to the ice.

As I said, he knows how to use his size and reach advantage to protect himself, but he doesn't do anything.

He got like two shots on Neil, fell down and turtled.

Luic is certainly more of a fighter than Chara. Granted, he doesn't really role with heavyweights all that much, and he has tendency to go after the lesser players. Chara does the same damn thing. The difference is Lucic or Thorton fight A LOT more.

BTW, I don't consider when a guy like Chara's size bear hugs players down to the ground showing his fighting prowess.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 04-02-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
t3hg00se

Quote:
Dude, he doesn't fight anybody worth a damn.

The two best fighters he fought this year were Neil, and Shelly. Both fights were pretty much draws, with Chara falling down to the ice.

As I said, he knows how to use his size and reach advantage to protect himself, but he doesn't do anything.

He got like two shots on Neil, fell down and turtled.

Luic is certainly more of a fighter than Chara. Granted, he doesn't really role with heavyweights all that much, and he has tendency to go after the lesser players. Chara does the same damn thing. The difference is Lucic or Thorton fight A LOT more.

BTW, I don't consider when a guy like Chara's size bear hugs players down to the ground showing his fighting prowess.
Doesn't fight anybody worth a damn?

His fight history is riddled with good fighters

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/...htcard_quickie

Using his size and reach to his advantage is part of being a great fighter, I don't see why you don't get that.

Lucic fights more, and is more of a fighter, yeah. But if Lucic and Chara went at it I'd have a hard time imagining Lucic winning.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:09 PM
mcsauer2738

I'm sure it's already been said but Lundqvist cannot allow those 2 goals he allowed last night both extremely soft goals.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
I'm sure it's already been said but Lundqvist cannot allow those 2 goals he allowed last night both extremely soft goals.
He was the biggest reason we didn't at least get a point. His ****** March became a ****** April. If he doesn't get his **** together we'll be out in the first round. I didn't even think the first goal was that soft. That second goal was a disgrace.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Doesn't fight anybody worth a damn?

His fight history is riddled with good fighters

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/...htcard_quickie

Using his size and reach to his advantage is part of being a great fighter, I don't see why you don't get that.

Lucic fights more, and is more of a fighter, yeah. But if Lucic and Chara went at it I'd have a hard time imagining Lucic winning.
That isn't riddled with good fighters that he won. The only ones that stand out are Chris Simon, Laraque, Brashear, Chris Neil, Barnaby, Rupp, and Shelly.

The only guy of those that he won flat was Rupp. I'll give him that. But other than that he didn't beat any of those guys(pretty much all draws or hug fests). The rest of the dudes on that list pretty much aren't much in terms of fighting. Unless your counting Hal Gill, he is a terrible fighter.

Old
04-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
He was the biggest reason we didn't at least get a point. His ****** March became a ****** April. If he doesn't get his **** together we'll be out in the first round. I didn't even think the first goal was that soft. That second goal was a disgrace.
No. Not being able to score more than ONE GOAL is the biggest reason we didn't get a point.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you're really pinning this all on Hank???

Let's face it, he can't stand on his head every night. He's human. The rest of the team needs to pick up the slack.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
So you're really pinning this all on Hank???

Let's face it, he can't stand on his head every night. He's human. The rest of the team needs to pick up the slack.
You don't need to be super-human to cover your 5-hole. Bad play by Girardi, but that was a soft goal from Hank. Let's be honest here, he hasn't been stellar for the last couple weeks. I think the defense in general has been iffy, but he's let in some very soft goals recently.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You don't need to be super-human to cover your 5-hole. Bad play by Girardi, but that was a soft goal from Hank. Let's be honest here, he hasn't been stellar for the last couple weeks. I think the defense in general has been iffy, but he's let in some very soft goals recently.
Yeah, it was a softie but **** happens. The team had an entire period to tie the game and couldn't put one in the net even with back to back power plays. Discussing this game is moot at this point in time so I'll leave it at that.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:35 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:

And his crosschecking that somehow nobody calls!

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
broadwayblue

Hank was a beast tonight. If he plays like this in the post season we will be hard to beat.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote