HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 5.0: Diaz and Bourque out with concussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2012, 06:23 PM
  #376
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You know what this should do?
This should OPEN THE EYES of everyone.

Habs bet all the chips on one guy....there is ZERO in Hamilton ...
Pretty sure this won't be that hard to fix. And Price is going to be our guy for the next decade or so. Not sure what your problem is here man.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
  #377
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Pretty sure this won't be that hard to fix. And Price is going to be our guy for the next decade or so. Not sure what your problem is here man.
yes in a perfect world ...so was Theodore.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
  #378
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Can you show me that?

Last i heard he has 1 yr left


Anyways, just tossed away for scraps ....will be starting goalie for Flames watch .
LOL Are they making a strong push for MacKinnon already? You have said some idiotic **** but this takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
That is why not getting a 1st THIS year for A.Kostitsyn gonna hurt.

Subban or Vasilevski are two tremendous goalie prospects.
Neither deserve to be taken in the first round.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
  #379
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Had no choice but to trade Halak. Even Habaneros was smart enough not to include him. Sanford is currently a backup in Columbus, and Desjardins was a backup to him...in the AHL. Huet is the only threat to Price that was dealt and it was 4 years ago and not even in the NHL anymore, which ruins the point. The fact that Budaj is better than Desjardins and Sanford is really crippling to your point.
no choice to trade Halak, but still got a bad return ...

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
  #380
Habsfan18
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,318
vCash: 500
Guys, you've been told many times in the past, but if you have a problem with a specific poster and their opinions, instead of replying to them, just put them on ignore. It's as simple as that.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
  #381
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
LOL Are they making a strong push for MacKinnon already? You have said some idiotic **** but this takes the cake.



Neither deserve to be taken in the first round.
Look up the name Mike Smith .

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
  #382
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 26,189
vCash: 420
Bruin's fan here.

I like Price and hope he will be OK.

__________________
"Bergeron...Bergeron !!!"
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
  #383
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
no choice to trade Halak, but still got a bad return ...
due in large part because we had no choice, but the return we got for Halak is irrelevant to your point that we just trade away goalies who are a threat to Price.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
  #384
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Halak, Huet, Desjardins, Sanford, even Ramo in the past

Budaj, Delmas and Mayer we have now... Much weaker depth !
Huet left because he was looking for huge money. I think it was a big mistake to trade him for a pick at that time, but he would be long long long gone by now.

Halak was traded because we had 2 #1 quality goalies and only one net. I doubt he would have signed here cheap to be a #2 guy.

As for Desjardins and Sanford they are no better than Lawson and Budaj.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
  #385
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,834
vCash: 500
Relax, probably just a hangover.

LeHab is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:30 PM
  #386
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
due in large part because we had no choice, but the return we got for Halak is irrelevant to your point that we just trade away goalies who are a threat to Price.
we had no choice to take a bad return???


Facts are Gauthier didn't let every gm know Halak was available !
That comes for upset GM in the NHL...

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
  #387
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,916
vCash: 500
People really want to draft a goalie in the top60? I understand we have no depth, but there's plenty available in the 3rd/4th round that are high upside keepers. Especially that there are many interesting forwards in the 2nd round. Personally, I'm hoping for Hudon with the Habs 2nd round and Matteau with NSH's.

bcv is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
  #388
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Look up the name Mike Smith .
Is Kari Ramo the reincarnated Mike Smith?

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  #389
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
no choice to trade Halak, but still got a bad return ...
I would say, a weak return... If Habs would had swapped their 1st pick with St-Louis' one (Eller +Schultz (???), they would not had to trade their 2nd pick to advance in the 1st round to get Tinordi (By the way, Coyle and Etem are two tremendous forwards that Habs badly misses...). With their own 2nd pick still in hand, they could had gotten a pretty good player like a Devante-Pelley or a Toffoli.

habitue* is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  #390
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Is Kari Ramo the reincarnated Mike Smith?
You het my point, or maybe ya don't.

You'd say the same thing about Mike Smith as a starter i bet .

Watch Ramo when he comes over and Kipper is gone .

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  #391
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
we had no choice to take a bad return???


Facts are Gauthier didn't let every gm know Halak was available !
That comes for upset GM in the NHL...
Unlike the Cammalleri situation where it was very reasonable to assume that his comments would be addressed privately instead of traded away at the first offer, the fact that both Price and Halak were restricted free agents combined with the fact that Halak's agent had publicly issued an ultimatum, any GM that didn't know Halak was available is just plain stupid. I think its more likely that there realisticly only 3 or 4 teams in the market for him.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
  #392
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Huet left because he was looking for huge money. I think it was a big mistake to trade him for a pick at that time, but he would be long long long gone by now.

Halak was traded because we had 2 #1 quality goalies and only one net. I doubt he would have signed here cheap to be a #2 guy.

As for Desjardins and Sanford they are no better than Lawson and Budaj.
Check what LA and VAN will get for Bernier and Schneider this year ! They gonna get 1st round picks + established players. (Eller is a 1st round pick... but looks like a 3rd round pick most of the games)

habitue* is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  #393
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Unlike the Cammalleri situation where it was very reasonable to assume that his comments would be addressed privately instead of traded away at the first offer, the fact that both Price and Halak were restricted free agents combined with the fact that Halak's agent had publicly issued an ultimatum, any GM that didn't know Halak was available is just plain stupid. I think its more likely that there realisticly only 3 or 4 teams in the market for him.
I think it clear , the only reason the was a few team in the market id because that is they way Gauthier did it!

Quote:
Halak trade shocked hockey world

Less than a month later, Gauthier dealt Halak, an impending restricted free agent, to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for forwards Lars Eller and Ian Schultz. The latter, a 22-year-old right wing, has yet to play in the NHL and has just nine goals in 98 AHL games. The trade shocked the hockey world. Many GMs wanted the chance to acquire Halak, but Gauthier talked to only the Blues and in hindsight didn't get enough return.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  #394
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You het my point, or maybe ya don't.

You'd say the same thing about Mike Smith as a starter i bet .

Watch Ramo when he comes over and Kipper is gone .
You act like the KHL is some unknown league where players vanish off the face of the earth. If Ramo was some goaltending god we would have recieved piles of offers from plenty of teams all over the NHL. You think every team in the league doesn't know about him?

Just clueless, but you are right he will now walk into the nhl and become a starter because we all know KHL = NHL.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
  #395
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
You act like the KHL is some unknown league where players vanish off the face of the earth. If Ramo was some goaltending god we would have recieved piles of offers from plenty of teams all over the NHL. You think every team in the league doesn't know about him?

Just clueless, but you are right he will now walk into the nhl and become a starter because we all know KHL = NHL.

Yes , ok

Montreal would have stuck Radulov in the AHL just to make sure of that .

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
  #396
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I think it clear , the only reason the was a few team in the market id because that is they way Gauthier did it!
the reason there were only a few teams were because most teams already had an established starter. He wasn't offered to most teams because he didn't want to waste time. He wasn't going to go offer him to Vancouver or Nashville because they had no use for Halak.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:42 PM
  #397
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
How many times does this board need to debate this...

Eller is an excellent return for an RFA goalie.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
  #398
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
the reason there were only a few teams were because most teams already had an established starter. He wasn't offered to most teams because he didn't want to waste time. He wasn't going to go offer him to Vancouver or Nashville because they had no use for Halak.
Well, the simple fact there was many upset GM's in the NHL ,over the fact that they were not contacted about Halak , says what?

I'm sorry.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
  #399
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
How many times does this board need to debate this...

Eller is an excellent return for an RFA goalie.
Eller for a Vezina nominated goalie.

No one's goona buy that .

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:50 PM
  #400
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Eller for a Vezina nominated goalie.

No one's goona buy that .
Well Halak isn't going to be nominated for the Vezina either not a chance.

Evil Ted is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.