HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Panthers Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2006, 02:40 PM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
Why would NY want Gratton now, when they passed on him this summer. This is dumb.

Old
02-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

Everyone keeps bashing on Gratton but I wouldn't mind him in NY at all. Gratton has always shown class during his career and his attitude would fit in fine in the locker room.I can recall a time when he was traded from Tampa to Philly and he wrote a long note on the dry erase board in the Lightning's dressing room thanking everyone and wishing them luck; more professional athletes could use this attitude. Also wouldn't hurt us to have some experience heading into the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35
Everyone keeps bashing on Gratton but I wouldn't mind him in NY at all. Gratton has always shown class during his career and his attitude would fit in fine in the locker room.I can recall a time when he was traded from Tampa to Philly and he wrote a long note on the dry erase board in the Lightning's dressing room thanking everyone and wishing them luck; more professional athletes could use this attitude. Also wouldn't hurt us to have some experience heading into the playoffs.
of course all of that would be neutralized if Rucchin was traded for him

Old
02-24-2006, 02:54 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35

He might be classy, but does he makes this team better?

Experience? Rucchin and Nieminen both have that.

02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Hfbk2006

Another trade proposal where the Rangers give up nothing. I know you think your players have value to others - just not to you. You don't want them. Would you be all that upset if you lost Rucchin? Niemo? Giroux? Graham? No. So why would another team be excited about them.

Most of the people here think of hockey like they think of politics. Do you want more government programs. Yes. Do you want higher taxes? No. How can you square that since gov't spending is paid for by taxes? You don't care. You are just sitting in your armchair yelling at anyone who tells you something you don't want to hear.

Same analogy holds true here. Let's get Mezei. Let's get Gratton. Let's get Stumpel. And let's give up players we don't want anyway.

Let's trade garbage for a BMW or at least a new Honda... and if we throw in a garbage bag along with our trash, then we are really giving up too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea but what u think about this deal?

Rucchin, Bruce Graham, Alex Giroux and Nieminen

Chris Gratton or Josef Stumpel with Branislav Mezei

Both would add some size to our lineup, Gratton Id rather have, but Stumpel can pass the puck. He can add something to our PP. Mezei is young and can add size to our lineup, he has been injured alot so he would come cheaply.

Old
02-24-2006, 05:22 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfbk2006
Another trade proposal where the Rangers give up nothing. I know you think your players have value to others - just not to you. You don't want them. Would you be all that upset if you lost Rucchin? Niemo? Giroux? Graham? No. So why would another team be excited about them.

Most of the people here think of hockey like they think of politics. Do you want more government programs. Yes. Do you want higher taxes? No. How can you square that since gov't spending is paid for by taxes? You don't care. You are just sitting in your armchair yelling at anyone who tells you something you don't want to hear.

Same analogy holds true here. Let's get Mezei. Let's get Gratton. Let's get Stumpel. And let's give up players we don't want anyway.

Let's trade garbage for a BMW or at least a new Honda... and if we throw in a garbage bag along with our trash, then we are really giving up too much.
Oh well-let's see. Of all the different pieces here which would I like the most. Answer is Graham--he's a good prospect. After that Nieminen serviceable penalty prone but agitating 3rd line wing. After that probably Rucchin and then Mezei, Stumpel, Giroux and last and least Gratton. So to my mind the worst garbage is on the other end--in Florida.

Old
02-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Keep Rucchin and Niemo this team is no longer rebuilding or if they are it should be put on hold. The Rangers are too good this season and who knows what the future holds.

Check the standing my fellow Rangers fans and think back to the wins this season. No longer can poster say this team can't beat the good teams in the NHL.

No longer can a poster say the Rangers would be crazy not to take a kings ranson for Jagr.

No longer can anybody say the rangers don't have any legit blue chip prospects.

Old
02-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Hfbk2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Oh well-let's see. Of all the different pieces here which would I like the most. Answer is Graham--he's a good prospect. After that Nieminen serviceable penalty prone but agitating 3rd line wing. After that probably Rucchin and then Mezei, Stumpel, Giroux and last and least Gratton. So to my mind the worst garbage is on the other end--in Florida.
Prospects are almost always overrated. There're a few exceptions, but for every Lundqvist, there are a dozen Jeff Browns and Michael Stewart, or even Kovalev, who is good, but not the superstar he was billed as when he was 19.

Old
02-24-2006, 10:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
yea last season, this season he has taken alot of penalties in the offensive zone, the playoffs, more penalties will prolly be called, I doubt he will stop taking those penalties in the playoffs.
You dont get it JOrtmeyer! Gratton and Stumpel have done jack squat this whole year. They are underachievers! I'd rather have Nemo who hasnt been that bad with penalties of late than those two bums because Nemo has playoff experience (including the stanley cup finals), he hasnt underachieved like Stumpel and Gratton, in fact he has helped this team by producing some points on the offensive side of his game, AND he can kill penalties. Please just stop making proposals. I mean really there is nothing wrong with this team. Why the hell do they need to make a trade. Every proposal you have your ready to fork over young guys for garbage players like Gratton and Stumpel that nobody else wants so why should the Rangers want them. Do you need new players to keep you coming back JOrtmeyer, are these guys boring you or something that you need to make continuous trade proposals that make absolutely no sense for this Rangers team this year? They are playing the best they have in 7 seasons, in fact this team looks better than the Rangers teams from 95-97. Seriously there is no need for a trade.

Old
02-24-2006, 10:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Prospects are almost always overrated. There're a few exceptions, but for every Lundqvist, there are a dozen Jeff Browns and Michael Stewart, or even Kovalev, who is good, but not the superstar he was billed as when he was 19.

Guess that explains why you're comfortable with giving up Dubinsky and Jessiman for an overpaid underachiever who's not getting any younger like Gonchar.

Old
02-25-2006, 11:35 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
...and just because a guy is a known NHL'er as is the case with Gratton doesn't mean he will come to your team and do good things. Anson Carter would be one example of a late season trade that didn't work out at all (I for one thought he would be really good for us) although I'd take Carter over Gratton any day. Graham at the moment has potential for the future. 5 years down the road he may be established and Gratton long gone. We do not need a lot of help at forward right now anyway. We could use a d'man but I would hope we could come up with a better one than Mezei. If you were going to trade Graham I would expect something better than that.

Old
02-25-2006, 11:49 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
I'd pass on this one. I like Rucchin as our #2 guy(even tho I feel he is a #3 center), but Gratton has been asleep ever since he got traded his 1st go around to Philly. We have a lot of 'depth' up front,and the main need we should see at the deadline is to add a #5, 6, or 7 defenseman. Aside from that, I like our chances going into the playoffs.

Old
02-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
yea last season, this season he has taken alot of penalties in the offensive zone, the playoffs, more penalties will prolly be called, I doubt he will stop taking those penalties in the playoffs.
Ville Nieminen: 24 minors this season
Chris Gratton: 26 minors this season

Old
02-25-2006, 05:07 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
Ville Nieminen: 24 minors this season
Chris Gratton: 26 minors this season
This stat would be more relevant with minutes/games played. As is, stat means nothing.

Closed Thread