HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL part 4: Waiting for July 1...

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 10:29 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 500
The lost point I think about is the shootout loss in Florida when all of our "big guns" continuously failed round after round while Miller stood on his head.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi View Post
nope...it bounces off of Miller's left pad and then Weber's skate and goes behind Miller in the goal crease...
Looks to me like it hits both.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Too bad we lost to Toronto.

#nochance

Old
04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I hope somebody hits Mike Weber with their truck if that's the case. I never realized this when I watched it in real time, but Miller makes the save and is deflecting the puck behind the net--where there are no Avalanche players--with only 3.4 seconds left. The game is effectively over when he makes that save.

But, wait, here comes Mike Weber from behind the net after he chased Landeskog back there. And he deflects the puck behind Miller and the rest is history.

Freeze the frames at 1:00 and 1:01 and you'll see it. **** Mike Weber.

Blame the forwards on that play for letting Landeskog skate up ice unmolested...he had the puck in his own end with less than 10 seconds left, that should be game over. Throw a stick at his head ffs. Bad bounces happen, bad defense is another thing.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

If our guys don't show up tomorrow, I'm going to flip a ****.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by fing0rz View Post
what about the point Washington just threw away? with a good chance at 2 points?
Games aren't even similar Tampa Bay controlled much of that game. Buffalo really was in no position to lose their game against Colorado and they pissed it away with 0.7 seconds.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:46 PM
kirby11

If we miss, this is the game i'm blaming it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZThhGpASI
story of the sabres ever since briere/drury/tallinder left, pissing away leads on home ice.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:49 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Games aren't even similar Tampa Bay controlled much of that game. Buffalo really was in no position to lose their game against Colorado and they pissed it away with 0.7 seconds.
Colorado was by far the better team in that game by my recollection, I thought the Sabres were lucky to be in a position to win.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Blame the forwards on that play for letting Landeskog skate up ice unmolested...he had the puck in his own end with less than 10 seconds left, that should be game over. Throw a stick at his head ffs. Bad bounces happen, bad defense is another thing.
I don't disagree. Pominville waving at Landeskog and then failing to tie up McGinn was about as bad of a defensive sequence as I've ever seen from. If someone, anyone, takes the body on Landeskog on the way up the ice, the game's over.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:54 PM
fing0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post

What about when caps were up 3-0 on the jets?

Or does that not count either?

Old
04-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
If our guys don't show up tomorrow, I'm going to flip a ****.
you can scribe me down on that list as well. If I'm this fired up the day before a game, those m-effers better be eating glass right now.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by fing0rz View Post
What about when caps were up 3-0 on the jets?

Or does that not count either?
You're right every team lets a 19 year old rookie skate up the ice untouched with 10 seconds to go. Winnipeg went into the 3rd trailing by 1 in that game and tied it up with 4 minutes to go. Against a division rival. Hardly unheard of.

Buffalo was playing their best stretch of the year. A stretch in which Ehrhoff was amazing, Myers was playing his best hockey of the season, Sekera his best of his career and Sulzer was a timely addition. And Lindy Ruff puts Mike Weber out. http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/...buffalo-sabres Mike Weber.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
ryanbiggame*

Send a message via AIM to ryanbiggame* Send a message via Skype™ to ryanbiggame*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
you can scribe me down on that list as well. If I'm this fired up the day before a game, those m-effers better be eating glass right now.
You and me both brother! I have been on an emotional roller coaster since Tampa won tonight!

Old
04-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Luceni

we won't win out. Stop freaking out. Seoson is already over.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Lloydchristmas138

Can't spell Stamkos without Stamos

Old
04-03-2012, 01:35 AM
dma0034

No chance the Sabres win out or go 2-0-1. Even if we give them the Toronto game (which we shouldn't because you never know when the Leafs will beat you 4-3) Boston and Philly are next. Philly has owned Buffalo this year and they may still be looking to take 4th from Pittsburg.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
No chance the Sabres win out or go 2-0-1. Even if we give them the Toronto game (which we shouldn't because you never know when the Leafs will beat you 4-3) Boston and Philly are next. Philly has owned Buffalo this year and they may still be looking to take 4th from Pittsburg.
I agree. It's much mor likely that we lose out the season. Bruins and Flyers are too strong for us.

I predict a 1-2-0 record the last 3 games.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:04 AM
jakobkreuzfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I agree. It's much mor likely that we lose out the season. Bruins and Flyers are too strong for us.
yeah it's very likely that the flyers will spank the sabres *****, cause they are battlin for homeice advantage in their deries against the penguins.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Lengthy article in the WSJ this morning on Pat Lafontaine and the Islanders:
Quote:
But anyone remotely familiar with the team's history will ask the same question after watching this video: What happened to one of the most famous Islanders of all, Pat LaFontaine?

LaFontaine, arguably the Islanders' best and most popular player in the late 1980s and early 1990s, remains one of their most significant figures. Yet the video is one of several instances when the Islanders seem intent to pretend he doesn't exist—they've left him out of their Hall of Fame and once neglected to mention his presence at a charity bike ride. It's one of the rare instances in sports history where a professional team has taken pains to whitewash a player from its history.

The fracture seems to stem from LaFontaine's 40-day tenure as an unpaid senior adviser to team owner Charles Wang and his resignation from that post on July 18, 2006. That resignation came just hours after Wang had fired general manager Neil Smith and replaced him with the team's backup goaltender, Garth Snow. Wang had hired Smith and LaFontaine on the same day, and LaFontaine said in a recent interview that he disagreed with Wang's decision to fire Smith after less than six weeks.

LaFontaine elected to step down after failing to persuade Wang to reconsider, he said—not necessarily out of loyalty to Smith, but out of concern for the franchise's direction. "I believe you treat people fairly," he said, "and stand up for what you believe in."

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...036433148.html

Old
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...=Google+Reader

Quote:
Mike Sielski of the Wall Street Journal wrote a piece yesterday you won’t want to miss called “Cutting a Star Out of the Picture.” It’s about the great Pat LaFontaine, and the New York Islanders determination to whitewash his contributions to the franchise from all memory.

The New York Islanders are a part of my own history, so I take this affront personally. I’m aware that they’ve been as bad as any organization out there for quite some time now (cellar-year after cellar-year, spending to the salary floor, Nassau Coliseum in general), but this is a new type of embarrassing. Charles Wang seems content to play around with his fun little organization like it’s some toy, or more accurately, like he’s a 10 year-old boy pulling the legs off an insect for kicks. I want him to find something else to destroy.

Pat LaFontaine spent eight years with the New York Islanders. Over those years, he scored 566 points, including 287 goals, good enough for 6th and 5th all-time on Islanders career totals lists (BTW, I’m quite proud of my Pops location on most of those lists - he was pretty okay, apparently).

As Sielski points out, we’re now a mere two weeks from the 25th anniversary of one of the biggest goals in Islanders history, the “Easter Epic” where LaFontaine put the Washington Capitals away in the fourth overtime of Game 7 of the Patrick Division semi-final in ’87. It was nearly 2 a.m. when that damn puck finally went in the net to make it 3-2 Isles.

Since then, he’s been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame (1,013 points in a concussion-shortened career of 865 games), taken up coaching the Long Island Royals youth hockey team, and has become one of the most charitable men on the Island, where he resides. I’ve personally encountered a total of zero people with negative things to say about him, and quite frankly, he’s one of the nicest men I’ve had the privilege to meet.

And the Islanders are trying to pretend he never existed? Way to pick your spots.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I hope somebody hits Mike Weber with their truck if that's the case. I never realized this when I watched it in real time, but Miller makes the save and is deflecting the puck behind the net--where there are no Avalanche players--with only 3.4 seconds left. The game is effectively over when he makes that save.

But, wait, here comes Mike Weber from behind the net after he chased Landeskog back there. And he deflects the puck behind Miller and the rest is history.

Freeze the frames at 1:00 and 1:01 and you'll see it. **** Mike Weber.

Well...son of a *****.

That was a hell of a game to be at. Just ended so horribly.

Hopefully...that changes when I go to the game tonight.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:56 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Florida Winnipeg tied up at 4

Old
04-03-2012, 09:57 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436