HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers recall and assign Magnus Paajarvi from OKC back to OKC

Old
04-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Oiler View Post
I will be at the Canucks and Oilers game on April 7. Thinking about wearing my Oiler jersey and a "Fire Tambellini and Lowe" sign. Wont get kicked out in Vancouver for that like I would in Edmonton.
I thought you were boycotting the Oilers.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Ramrod
Happily outscoring

I think this is a blessing in disguise. It will give Pajaarvi some more stability and keep him away from the apparently sour state of the Oilers. It will also let him get his confidence up against weaker opponents so he can completely figure out the style he needs to use to succeed in NA. A little playoff experience has never hurt, either

Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
definitely doesnt look good. you should know the rules, its part of their job to know the rules

if it was rick olczyk, he shouldve known better. he s a freaking lawyer from cornell, lawyers shouldnt make these mistakes
Other than look like Fernando Pisani what has Olczyk done that is good for this team?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
You guys sound like the types of kids that complained in school when they saw someone not dot an I or cross a T.

Bunch of pencil necked geeks

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I think this is a blessing in disguise. It will give Pajaarvi some more stability and keep him away from the apparently sour state of the Oilers. It will also let him get his confidence up against weaker opponents so he can completely figure out the style he needs to use to succeed in NA. A little playoff experience has never hurt, either
Give him more stability? You mean by getting on two useless flights and missing both an NHL game and an AHL game? I guess if that's stability in your world then cool.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Eddy Oiler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
I merely suggested it needed to be done to send a message. I did boycott one game. First one I have missed in 10 years. But I have learned this year, more than any, that things are not about to change with this franchise any time soon especially with Tambo-Lowe running the show.... and I dont let myself get emotionally affected by a bunch of other grown men and something beyond my control. It's just hockey.

Eddy Oiler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
20. Obviously, the Oilers made a bad mistake when they fouled up the post-deadline recall rules and couldn't bring back Magnus Paajarvi. (It's doubly unfortunate when you consider they were trying to reward him with a few more days of an NHL salary.) Kevin Lowe took heat for ripping the four call-up limit, but he was protecting someone and figured it was better to try and muddle the issue.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Philly85
Raps'

I don't get it.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
I don't get it.
Think he's just stating the conclusion we've came to. He's protecting Olczyk.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 09:16 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
LOL Boycott this travesty!

McBooya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:48 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2548
I love how Lowe was protecting someone. Is that the new plan, we someone ****s up Lowe takes the heat?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I love how Lowe was protecting someone. Is that the new plan, we someone ****s up Lowe takes the heat?
Surprised he would take the heat and/or try and deflect. You think they would find some other scapegoat in the org. To me that means 1 thing or another. Either Lowe is sitting nice and comfy in his position and will be a mouthpiece at any expense because he knows nothing is going to happen. Or else he is close to being shown the door.

I'd guess the former.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Beerfish

Lowe is the perfect guy to take the heat. He's like a shadowy ghost that floats around the front office with no clearly defined position. I do laugh uproariously at the people on here that staunchly declared that he no longer had any hand in hockey operations the minute he was bumped up stairs by this time we can conclude that all of those people were WRONG.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Lowe is the perfect guy to take the heat. He's like a shadowy ghost that floats around the front office with no clearly defined position. I do laugh uproariously at the people on here that staunchly declared that he no longer had any hand in hockey operations the minute he was bumped up stairs by this time we can conclude that all of those people were WRONG.
Were people really saying he had no hand in hockey operations? As the president of hockey operations I'd say it's safe to say of course he does...Who disputes that? I think people were questioning whether or not Tambo is a puppet or does he actually have power to makes the moves he wants personnel-wise.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Were people really saying he had no hand in hockey operations? As the president of hockey operations I'd say it's safe to say of course he does...Who disputes that? I think people were questioning whether or not Tambo is a puppet or does he actually have power to makes the moves he wants personnel-wise.
People were flat out saying he no longer had ANY hand in the day to day hockey side of things.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote